Peace Village

Reviews of Peace Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Peace Village

February 06, 2017

By jlkIII

I am a resident of Peace Village and have been intimately acquainted with Peace Village since it opening in 1989 and the assisted living facility since its addition in 1998 and need to take issue with a previous review that stated that Peace Village is a For Profit organization which is incorrect. PV is and always has been a Not for Profit Independent Living and Assisted Living facility. The beautiful setting of Peace Village is unparalleled when compared with other similar Independent Living and Assisted Living facilities including those that are much more expensive.

December 03, 2016

By Louise524332

Peace Village is spread out, and my mom could not go from the assisted living area to the common area where they have all the activities; she would just be stock in assisted living, and the rooms were very small.

Thank you for visiting our community and thank you for your valuable feedback. You’re right, Peace Village is quite a large campus; we sit on 22 acres and have over 200 Independent Living Apartments and 49 Assisted Living Apartments. Our apartments in Assisted Living are studio style; some are smaller while others are as large as 500 square feet. As well, there are many areas within our Assisted Living Community where activities take place. When time allows, please reach out to us or visit again and we will be happy to share more specific information with you.

May 10, 2016

By Sharon124234050

My friend loves the environment, the setting, and the activities of Peace Village. They had a beautiful pond outside. We didn’t have the chance to walk around. The young lady did not have time to take us to the rooms and just gave us floor plans. It had a nice view out of the windows, and they had balconies.

December 10, 2015

By Terence3

Peace Village was a beautiful place. I really liked the campus. Their rooms were of excellent quality, and they had wonderful amenities. I also liked their business model. I found the staff hospitable and thought they provided good services. They also served excellent cuisine in their dining room. I met some of the residents, and they were all nice people. I liked the environment in general.

November 09, 2015

Peace Village is a buy-in, and I’m not interested in a buy-in. It was very nice but way too expensive, high-end, and classy for me; I don’t feel that I would fit in. The dining room was very classy, elegant, and nice. The staff was very nice, friendly, and accommodating. They had a very nice lunch area there, and the sandwich they served was excellent.

January 22, 2015

By spc1931

My mother has been here for over 4 years and the place is perfect for her. As she needs more help due to failing health Peace Village staff have bent over backwards to help us and work with us. The only down note is that sometimes they move at a slow pace in implementing changes of service. The comments from PVL seem unfounded. Of course we expect to be charged more when the amount of service increases. That's only fair. And getting money back to the estate is clearly spelled out in the contract - when the unit sells, the estate will get its share. Taking a year or more to sell a unit isn't unusual. The care, companionship and activities offered here are excellent. This seems to be a place that cares about its residents, not just trying to make money off them.

August 10, 2014

By COCOCO

I WENT TO VISIT A FRIEND AND SHE WAS SITTING ON HER TOILETTE AND NO ONE HELPED HER OUT. THIS IS NOT GOOD.

August 02, 2013

By PVL

I would not recommend this place. My mother stayed here and they told her she could bring her small dog. Then, after a few months they made her get rid of it. After she passed away, the estate was supposed to get a refund from what she paid for her apartment; now one year later this still has not happened. Also, when she needed a 24 hour care giver, they began to charge her more for the monthly fee.

February 25, 2013

By Rose14

Kristin is great company for Mom. She takes her out to the Jewel or other errands, helps her clean and helps me keep mom on schedule with her medications.

February 04, 2013

By richieo

Other

Peace Village is a for profit facility, the people that run the organization seem to all be related or connected in some sort of way. Peace village is not steadfast in dealing with issues and are really not what they seem to be. The facility is clean and all but its just a pretty package. It is very also very expensive and the people in charge have ego problems

November 21, 2012

By Lin S.

I have visited this facility and know several people who live there. They are all very happy with the accomendations. Definitely one to consider.

October 12, 2012

By rawritsdevx3

Peace Village is a great assisted living facility. It is very clean and the staff is very attentive to the needs of the residents. The residents seem very happy and interact with one another very frequently. They are always provided with activities, such as crafts, cooking, or watching music performances by volunteers. The staff members are all very friendly and have close, personal bonds with the residents. There are also many volunteers who visit the assisted living facility on a weekly basis, and do their best to entertain the residents. There are many activity rooms in the facility, such as a room with board games and books, a TV room, a room with a piano and a radio, and another large lounge with an attached kitchen. Peace Village has beautiful and newly renovated buildings, as well as a gorgeous garden and patio area. There is also a small lake behind it, with a walking path surrounding it.

Independent Living Reviews for Peace Village

October 19, 2015

By Sandra113888250

Peace Village was a beautiful place. The apartments were very nice but it was very expensive. We liked it and the staff was fine.

March 31, 2014

By William28

We like Peace Village. They were a little bit more expensive. Everybody loves the staff. You can walk down the hall, and they're greeting everybody, and everybody is smiling back at them knowing their names. That's what we were looking for.

May 18, 2012

By szwagier

Overall Peace Village has been a great place. Just visiting I was surprised by the nice and beautiful scenery of the facility. There is nice walkways for walking or jogging and breathtaking trees next to a beautiful pond. The staff are really friendly and truly care about taking care of seniors and making sure that everything is right for them. Since moving in, my grandpa has made many friends with the residents who live there, and they are able to take recreational classes and learn things such as painting. The facility also has access to local transportation, onsite medical care, and pharmacy delivery. The food they serve to residents is also amazing, and is great in variety and nutritious too! My grandpa was really hesitant about moving into Peace Village, but they've really made the whole transition painless and easy on him. He is still able to live independently and privately, but does not have to worry about maintenance and house-keeping. I'm really glad that we chose Peace Village for my grandpa.

Costs for Peace Village

• Nurses Extra: 3rd Party Provider Of Speech And Occupational Therapy

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Peace Village

Characterized by a strong dedication to excellence and delivering the highest quality of life possible for our residents, the entire staff of Peace Village is committed to setting the best example of ethical practice and maintaining the highest standards of health and well-being in the community. We want our residents’ experience at Peace Village to be among the best of their lives.

LIFESTYLE AMENITIES:

• Inviting dining venues
  • Outdoor sitting and recreation areas
  • Dedicated space for billiards, gaming, media and parties
  • Social and educational opportunities
  • Resident-driven special interest groups
  • Events and entertainment

LIFE ENRICHMENT:

• On-site fitness center with full-time trainer
  • Group fitness classes

• Massages available
  • Catering for special events
  • Spiritual counseling

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS:

• Banking services by “The Private Bank”
  • U.S. postal services
  • Private transportation services
  • Wellness Center
  • Free pharmacy delivery
  • Personal storage areas
  • Guest suites for visiting family and friends
  • Available underground parking

• One mile to Shoppes at Mill Creek
  • Two miles to Orland Park Crossing
  • Three miles to Orland Square Mall

HEALTH & WELLNESS:

• Monthly on-site visit by an ophthalmologist, podiatrist, audiologist and general physician
  • Weekly blood pressure and weight checks
  • Educational and wellness workshops
  • Home health care
  • Brain fitness classes
  • Bible study and other spiritual offerings
  • Resident advocate
  • Resident support facilitator

Peace Village senior living community is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation established in 1985 as a continuation of the faith-based outreach of Peace Memorial Church serving seniors in greater Chicagoland, including Palos Park, Orland Park and Tinley Park.

Map of Peace Village