Osprey Lodge

Reviews of Osprey Lodge

Assisted Living Reviews for Osprey Lodge

April 17, 2018

By Jon72DodgeDartSwinger

I was invited to bring my old car to the 50-60's Car Cruise on April 17th at your fine facility, and really enjoyed myself, visiting with the residents and the other car guys. We were served a nice lunch and ice cream sodas, with a dose of Elvis! The staff of Osprey Lodge did a wonderful job of bringing this together for their residents. I was glad to come and be part of a fun time with the "Oldies". Jon E.

Thank you for your kind review. The car show was so impressive. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Osprey Lodge! We hope you will come back and visit soon.

December 15, 2017

By stewie6

Was not impressed. Memory care unit. Is very small. Smells. Done very cheap. Kitchens are out in open. And residents can grab utensils and food. Very unsafe. I found it actually to be very disgusting. If you love your family member do not bring them here

Thank you for your comments. These experiences do not represent the practices, policies or culture put in place at Osprey Lodge. Our associates make every effort to provide consistent quality care to all our residents, to present a welcoming and friendly environment, and to respond timely and appropriately to the concerns of resident family members. Please reach out to our corporate office if you would like to talk more.

August 21, 2017

By Trudy

One of the things I like about Osprey Lodge of Tavares is it’s close to me. The day my sister moved there, she was hospitalized, but now, she looks better than I have seen her looking in months. They have a long list of things to do but she’s not interested. They have movies and Wii Bowling. Every time I go there, people are down in the lobby or outside talking to each other. One of my neighbors is over there and loves it. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. They go in and tell her when it’s meal time and talk to her. The community is clean and spacious. Everybody there is friendly; not only the workers but also the residents. The doctors come to see her. It’s a very nice place.

February 17, 2017

By LakeTeacherK12

I am only giving it 3 stars because I am moving from Osprey as soon as they break the news that the Administrator is leaving. I think the place is going through some financial difficulties. It has been so disruptive with all the agencies assessors in the facility around the clock. We werre told the people were corporate but mom has lived her 2 years now and I have never seen corporate in the facility. Something is going on and the secrets are not good for anyone. We love the people and the place. The food is great with the new chef they hired. The building is always clean and very pretty.

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Osprey Lodge. We would love to have a discussion so that we can address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us by calling our direct line and requesting Anita Fernandez, Executive Director.

December 02, 2016

By Mary323174

I had a friend who was living in the Osprey Lodge, and she had a nice unit. It looks like a grand hotel. When you pull up to the portico and go into the lobby, it's very kind of rustic. It has a lot of animal heads up on the walls, very impressive. They have 2 wings on either side of the lobby, and it's like walking down the corridor in a big hotel. Her living room was so small she couldn't get a sofa in it, but the kitchenette had a dining area where she had her round dining table and chairs. Her window looked out onto a busy highway, but the window was so high and her chair was so low, so she couldn’t see anything. So I wasn't impressed with that, but I didn’t see one of the other units to make a comparison. It's very nice, but then it's pricey. They had the usual Bingo and little café, which I think is very nice because that brings people together to just chat over a cup of coffee. She was allowed to have her car.

November 16, 2016

By Bulldog778729

I have to give this place 5 Stars. I would give it 10 if I could. My best friends mother is a resident at Osprey Lodge. We visited today and couldn't believe the interaction of the Administrator with the residents. She is fun and very involved. I would say the residents of Osprey Lodge look happy. I know we are very happy with our decison.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

February 15, 2016

By Steve119928350

We have looked at Osprey Lodge. Compared to some of the other places that I’ve seen, for a thousand dollars more, you’re getting a whole lot more. The rooms are bigger. You’re getting higher quality people. It’s very clean.

December 20, 2015

Osprey Lodge was beautiful. It was spacious and not crowded-looking whatsoever. Everything looked first-class with beautiful grounds and lodges. The people were friendly. The staff who toured me was friendly and nice. Their dining area was very pretty, but I didn’t eat there. I saw several apartments, but the one I really liked was the one that looked out over the lake.

December 15, 2015

By Thomas117059250

Osprey Lodge is a very nice place and only three years old. The staff is excellent. My girlfriend has adapted very well. They have a formal dining room and a service where they come take your order. You have a choice of two entrees per meal, and you get a linen napkin. They have a little private dining room for reserving when you want to have your family for dinner. There are plenty of activities, like a morning walk, card games, and a small library with jigsaw puzzles. The apartments are of a good size. The bedrooms are 12'x12', and you share a common area. She’s in a two-bedroom apartment, but they have one-bedroom apartments that are more expensive. All in all, it was the best place I found after I spent three months researching.

October 29, 2015

We have my husband in Osprey Lodge since November. The food can be a little bit better, but the surroundings are beautiful. It is clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They have an entertainment coordinator or a life health coordinator who plans programs and does a wonderful job.

August 27, 2015

By Cynthia112593150

We were going to move my parents at Osprey Lodge. It's a beautiful and nice place. The memory care was more like what we wanted. It had more people on staff from what we saw and observed. They have a lot of really nice activities for memory care, and they really tried to engage them as much as possible. They can do nature walks, and they have swings; it's beautiful place for people to come and visit their loved ones. It doesn?t have the look of an assisted living or Alzheimer?s unit; it looks like you are at a resort vacation. We felt they would get taken care of well there.

June 08, 2015

Osprey Lodge was a very nice place. I recommend it to anybody that can afford it. It looked more like a hotel. It was very pleasant. They had activities most of the time. They had a wine bar where the residents can go sit, have wine, and listen to music once a week. They also had a dining area where the family can come and dine on birthdays and things like that. They had cards, movies, and chair exercises. They had a billiard room as well where the men can play pool. They were very pleasant. The people that work there were very good.

March 27, 2015

By Elizabeth108385850

My mother was very ill, and they could not stay in their place anymore. So we placed her in an assisted living facility in Florida for the time being. It is Osprey Lodge in Tavares. The builder's father had Alzheimer's, so he built it with kind of the Alzheimer's patient in mind. It has the regular assisted living and memory care in the same building. It is kind of a rustic Colorado lodge. It has wood floors and a great big living area with high ceilings. It is really very nice. The back of it has a huge porch that looks out on the lake. The chef is changing, so I cannot speak for the future, but they have an Italian chef that comes in 4am every morning to make homemade pastries. I had lasagna there with the meal I ate, and it was comparable to any good Italian restaurant I've gone to. Their food is excellent. They have a little café which has a dispenser for coffee or orange juice. Homemade baked goods are always there and little snack items. They have a calendar every month, and then every night at dinner, they get a calendar for the next day printed out and given to them. They have a lot of things like they have a morning walk by the lake. They have different exercises, and they have entertainment that comes in. They do a lot of trips to grocery store but also to site seeing things, or they plan different events. Normally every day at three o'clock they have something going on down in the café like Milkshake Monday. There are a lot of things going on, and they have different groups for like bingo and people that get together that play dominoes. I'm totally impressed with the care. My mom and step dad are on the same floor actually in the nurse's station. It is a special rating where they can actually keep someone until the end of their life. They are very happy with it. Coming home and being that far away, I feel they are in good hands.

February 21, 2015

By Timematters

The building itself is nice, but the services are poor. The food isn't much better than fast food and the service is very slow. They used to provide residents with 6 food tickets per month so family and friends could eat with the residents. No more. And they charge an outrageous amount to eat there. They also can't deal with special meals like vegetarians which seems odd. Housekeeping stopped supplying plastic bags for the trash and now the residents are supposed to supply the bags themselves. Though the hospital is less than a half a mile away, they won't pick residents up from there, though they will take them to doctors appointments. They raised the rents again and for what you get, it isn't worth the money.

February 18, 2015

By LEEMAC

My relative has been in a facility called Osprey Lodge in Tavares about 20 minutes from where we live. She went there early October. This is an excellent facility. The aides there are good, and the management is good. The rooms are beautiful, and they're quite large. They have two major rooms; one is called the Boulder, the other is a Colorado, and they are as big as an apartment. There are three rooms and a bath. The services are good. They have movies, and they have singers and musicians come in. They have bingo and a lot of different activities.

January 13, 2015

Osprey Lodge is lovely decorated, but I find the food on the poor side. They don't have a gym or a pool. It is an assisted living, and I guess they feel that people are not capable of using those features. They do have people that come in to do physical and occupational therapy, but that is it as far as exercise is concerned. They do have a path around the place where the resident can take a walk if they want. Most of the other facilities assume you are a single person and don't accommodate couples. This particular facility has three small rooms and two baths, and that is the reason we chose it. This is the biggest facility for a couple that I could find.

September 29, 2014

By Caring95200750

My mother is in Osprey Lodge for two months now. It is owned by some people I know from the Church. It is two years old. It is very nice, beautiful, gorgeous, but it is an expensive facility. It is working out very well.

September 29, 2014

Osprey Lodge was very nice too. The ground was beautiful. It has very easy access. It’s a step up from another facility I looked at. It’s beautiful, upscale, and very expensive. The rooms were very, very nice. I’ve wanted to have lunch there but we just never got around to it. From what I’ve seen, I think the staff was alright. I guess the residents seemed happy enough.

July 31, 2014

Osprey Lodge was a beautiful facility. It seemed very organized. They had a lot of activities, which was important for my mom. I thought the staffing was very adequate too. They were able to answer questions and they were all very helpful in offering recommendations. I looked the menu and the presentation of the area and out of all the facilities I had visited, I thought they were the top. They were very impressive. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. It was a larger facility and they offered many activities. They have crafts, they take them on tours and they have a dog there that they could pet if they choose to. They have a library. They have movie nights. They just have a whole list of activities. Also they have plenty of parking in the area.

September 26, 2013

By Leaf9

The Osprey House was the best one I've been to. They took me on a very nice tour and they were all very friendly. The facilities were top notch. The rooms were very nice.

July 24, 2013

My husband stayed at Osprey Lodge for about a month before he passed away. We chose it because it was close to my daughter and it was brand new, beautiful, didn't have any odors and kept-immaculate. His apartment had a bedroom, bathroom and sitting room. They treated him very well, showered him everyday and brought him downstairs for his meals. I liked that when he buzzed the staff, they came immediately. They also had activities like movie night, meetings, wood workshop for men or just sat outside. The food was good too. I would recommend this place to others.

Memory Care Reviews for Osprey Lodge

December 01, 2019

By Shari L.

Horror stories. A fight broke out in the hall between two residents. One ended up in the hospital with a broken arm. Where was the staff to break up the fight? My husband finds other people's clothes in his closet and at one time, a wheelchair. Laundry piles up for days even after my complaints. Sometimes, it goes out and isn't returned for two or three days even after I get after them. Hubby does like the food and the service, but resents the invasion of his privacy when he is scheduled to take a shower. I put him there for respite care while I collected my self. He can bathe, dress, and feed himself. He has no hearing or vision problems. He's not in a wheel chair and interacts well with staff. But the other residents are obviously in the final stages. He's not, but management refuses to let me take him out in spite of my doctor's approval.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for Osprey Lodge

Photos of Osprey Lodge

Services and Amenities of Osprey Lodge

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Osprey Lodge

Located on the banks of Lake Frances, Osprey Lodge offers the rustic warmth of a Colorado Lodge within the picturesque rolling hills of Central Florida. We serve residents in the region surrounding Tavares, Mount Dora, Eustis, Leesburg, Lady Lake, and Lake Mary.

You will find that the lifestyle and culture of Osprey Lodge is a unique approach to senior living. We provide high-quality health care services, and an environment of socialization and volunteerism that provides connections, joy and daily purpose. Our standards for these services and amenities are upheld by our dedicated and experienced staff.

Community Features:

• Restaurant style dining
  • On site medical suite for visiting physicians, dentist & podiatrist
  • Cafe general store
  • Private dining room for family & guests
  • Full service beauty salon
  • Library
  • 24 hr staffing and emergency pendant
  • Complimentary laundry facilities on each floor
  • Vaulted screened-in patio with outdoor seating
  • Walking paths with lush landscaping
  • Resident dog walking area
  • Sitting room with lodge style fireplace
  • Play are for children

Apartment Features:

• Spacious apartments with 9 ft. ceilings
  • Kitchenette complete with full size refrigerator
  • Emergency response system
  • Walk in shower
  • Individually controlled heating and cooling
  • Wireless internet
  • Fire sprinkler system
  • Vertical and horizontal safety grab bars
  • Spacious closets with ample shelving

Personal Assistance:

• Clothing selection and dressing assistance
  • Escort to meals and activities
  • Bath and shower assistance
  • Incontinence assistance
  • Personal Hygiene Assistance

Medication Management:

• Coordinating medication with physician and pharmacist
  • Medication organization and distribution

Food Service Assistance:

• Meal reminders
  • Escort assistance to meals
  • Tray service to apartment during periods of illness
  • Resident self-monitor own meal selections

Transportation Coordination:

• Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
  • Planned outings and events
  • Grocer shopping and errands

Housekeeping and Laundry:

• Launder personal clothing in addition to one load per week
  • Change linens in addition to once per week
  • Freshen up bathrooms