Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo

Reviews of Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo

Assisted Living Reviews for Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo

July 17, 2017

By Lou

Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo have individual cottages where the staff members have a very limited number of people they're looking after and the facility itself only houses a small number of individuals. It's all been broken down to where they get better visual and hearing coverage because their residents are all in the small cottages. It's not one big building. The nurses who attend to the day to day needs are all in the small cottages. The senior staff has been there for a long time and that's important when you look at turnover of the administrative staff that is running the place -- there's continuity. The kitchen was spotless and the menu was outstanding. The other nice thing is that they allow the individual in a particular apartment to do a fair amount of decorationing with their own stuff. One of them even had their pet cat in there.

December 16, 2016

By Bbaronoff@aol.com

My mom was in Savannah Court #2. It was clean, beautifully decorated and activities going on all the time. The staff are caring, loving and attentive. The food is fresh and very good. I like that it's small and personable.

September 10, 2016

By Beth465708

I went to see Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo, and the place seemed to be pretty active. It has a very pleasant and open feel to it. It was clean and organized. Their staff was readily available. With their dining area, it’s broken up where not all the guest could see each other at the same time, but I don’t think that is a bad thing. It seemed like there were two separate dining areas instead of one large dining area.

August 23, 2016

By Karen486221

We only talked to Savannah Court and are getting started on putting my mother-in-law there. It’s clean, pleasant, and has activities every day. The staff is very friendly, and the residents seem to be reasonably happy. The apartments are fine, clean, and well maintained.

January 16, 2016

By Trisha7

We are in the process of moving my mom into Savannah Court & Cottage of Oviedo, and we are absolutely thrilled. We like that it’s small and very personalized. They have a 24-hour nurse on duty day and night, and a consistent staff that have worked there for 10+ years, which tells me that they are happy and treated well. They have interesting activities designed for memory care residents. They have a little courtyard and covered and uncovered porches.

December 28, 2015

By AnonymousSpouse

Savannah Court was able to accommodate me for the respite. They didn’t get my husband as involved in the activities as I would have liked, but I think that was his choice. It was OK for the short term. The rooms were adequate, but it was normally furnished by the patient, where in our case, they just put in a bed and a chair, and then we brought in a TV. The food seemed to be adequate.

November 09, 2015

By Pat113960150

I liked Savannah Court so much. It was set up like a little community. They had different areas for long-term care and one facility for dementia and Alzheimer's patients. They had them separated where they could get better care and keep closer watch on everybody. The place was spotless and had a very large kitchen where they made everything fresh. You could go sit in the kitchen or in the dining room where you ccould sit at the diner bar. Every building had a big living room. They were doing things like family cook-offs; patients would submit their favorite thing that they had cooked at home, and the families would make the person’s meal. They all got to eat the home-cooked meal and rotate turns. They had a lot of things like that going on plus entertainment like a guy that came and sang older songs. In one room I visited, all of the people in wheelchairs were playing volleyball with a balloon and having a ball. The facility seemed like it had a lot to offer. My dad was going to have a private room. The rooms were very clean; they weren’t too big but did have a shower and a toilet. You could bring everything in, like personal items, and set it up like their personal room. I think he would have really liked it there. The staff was fantastic, very friendly, and right on time when I got there. They took me through all of the buildings and showed me everything they had available. We went over the cost and how it worked.

May 31, 2015

By Christine107285050

Savannah Court and Cottage has a pleasant setting. They have two units that are for assisted living, and they have one cottage for memory care. My mother is in the assisted living in the Level 3 Care. She does have Alzheimer's, but she doesn't really need to go into memory care. She is doing well. It is a huge adjustment for her, but I can say she is happy as she can be. She is making friends a little bit. They have a lot of activities and things she won't go on. They go to the beach, or they go shopping, which is really nice. Every other week, they have someone come in to do hand massages and paint their nails. They pay a lot of attention to them. The food is average or a little bit better than average. This is the only one I have visited. The reason I went is because of the proximity to my home, and it was what she can afford. It is real close to my home, and what I like is having a nurse on duty all the time and things like that which are important to me. You can go sit out on the front porch. It's not on a heavily travelled street, and it is far back from the road, but you can sit watch the traffic go by. They have a lot of trees around it, and they have bird feeders, which is nice and calming.

March 10, 2015

By Karen107441550

The name of the facility is Savannah Court. It is for my mom, and she is doing great. I like the therapy, and I like the personal care. She has been there for two weeks. The activities are awesome. The food and the room are awesome. She's actually in an independent room, and it is huge. It is affordable, and it is clean. It is fully staffed. There are a lot of amenities and a lot of activities.

September 08, 2014

Savannah Court of Oviedo is very nice. A friend from church lives at this community. They have decent size rooms. My friend's room is very beautiful. She has a nice single room.

July 31, 2014

The people of Savannah Court are very caring. My mother participates in ballroom dancing. They also have exercises: they play ball; they walk around outside; and they have movies. They're always doing something. They serve nutritious food. The staff answered my questions and went that extra mile for me.

February 18, 2014

By nanamurphy

Savannah Courts of Oviedo has a very welcoming atmosphere and home like feeling from the moment you walk in the front door. The rooms are kept very clean, the staff is friendly and attentive to the needs of the residents. I would highly recommend this ALF for your loved ones.

December 11, 2012

By Resident Caregiver

My mother attended this facility while in Adult Day Care and is now a resident of the Memory Care Unit. I would recommend this facility to anyone in the area. It is hard to find "the perfect" place to put your loved one, but this one comes very close. I have gotten to know the caregivers and residents. It is a hard disease to work with, but they do a great job.

June 01, 2012

By Hbenz91

The community seemed very nice and open. The pathway that led into it showed numerous makeshift homes for those living there. In the middle of the entrance was a town center home for the folks to gather to hang out and play games or do other activities. The workers seemed very responsible and sincere. A few told me about how long they had worked here and how they had personally gotten to know many of the people they cared for. The elders that I happened to run into seemed content with their surroundings, no one had anything negative to say about their living arrangements. One guest told me the help he received was excellent and he thought of the place like home.

June 23, 2011

By Debbe Caldwell

After attending my elderly mother for some time after her stroke,our family was no longer able to provide adequately for her needs and knew we needed professional assistance. The warm and caring atmosphere as well as the excellent physical care provided to the residents of this facility assure me that Savannah Court in Oviedo was the right choice for her and our family.The surroundings are beautiful and comfortably serene.The staff is warmly pleasant and sincerely caring in regards to the physical and emotional well-being of the residents.The dining room is conducive to social opportunity and the meals are not only nutritious and delicious but well-presented.The activities provided are enjoyable and varied.My mother is loved by and is very happy with her extended family.My heartfelt thanks to EVERYONE at the facility for all that they have done for us.I highly recommend Savannah Court Oviedo to any family in need of assisted living services for their loved one.

Costs for Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo

• Pharma

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

About Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo

Savannah Court of Oviedo and Savannah Cottage consist of two senior assisted living communities and one memory care residence nestled on a beautiful campus setting. Each community is the ideal size offering an intimate atmosphere, a warm and comfortable feel throughout, yet is full of vibrant activity. Both Savannah Courts provide affordable assisted living while Savannah Cottage provides affordable memory care in a secure setting for those who need additional support. Whether it is one of the Savannah Court communities or the Savannah Cottage residence, each delivers personal services to all residents, their families and our guests. Soothing, yet striking colors, decor and style throughout will hold your attention as you stroll through this incredible and intimate retirement assisted living campus with three unique communities.

Map of Savannah Court and Cottage of Oviedo