Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin

Reviews of Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin

Nursing Home Reviews for Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin

June 01, 2018

By Concerned friend-Cath

An elderly friend with Stage 4 cancer, dizziness, etc. spent 4 days at Manor Care, 870 Patricia Ave, Duneedin, in late May 2018. She reported this: During her stay, she was not allowed to leave her room or taken for a walk outside the room. My friend pressed the button for assistance using the toilet. She waited 20 minutes or more for helper to arrive. Wrong medication--A nurse helper appeared in her room, said ,"Here's your pain medication." She replied that it was not hers. He left the room, left med. on table, & for over 4 hours a man cried and screamed "Where is my pain medication?" No food, snacks or beverages were available after the 5pm dinner. The "kitchen" opened the next morning at 8am. 14 hours! One eve. she asked for a cup of milk. The nurse helper yelled, "It's closed! Kitchen is closed!" No fridge for beverages that someone ill might need? Sink in her room had no towel, no soap, no washcloth. One night another patient screamed out, "Help me! Please could someone help me? Help!" This went on for 6 minutes. When the helper entered my friend's room, she asked the helper, "Can't you help that poor man?" The helper replied "I was on break." Extremely noisy at night, unable to sleep. TV's blasted all night. The helper told my friend that's how the Alzheimers patients sleep--with their tv's on. All patients were "awakened" at 4:45am & handed a foam cup of water. Once a day for 20 minutes, a therapist visited her to observe/evaluate skills (in her room) To be released from Manor Care, she had to strip, wash her private parts standing, using the sink in her room. The observer stood in the doorway--not close enough to aid if there were dizziness, etc. This facility should be investigated. Could rehabilitation actually happen in a place where no one checks on patients or responds in a timely manner? I'm concerned for the other Alzheimer's patients who can't report neglect or abuse. Nurse helpers were rude and very slow to respond. Unprofessional.

Cath, we are sorry that your friend had a negative experience with their care and therapy at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

February 20, 2018

By Magenta B.

We admitted my mother in law after being discharged from Largo Med Rehab. Since she couldn't immediately go home because of a severe fracture. When she was admitted to Dunedin she had been having uncontrolled pain and with the help of the nurse practitioner got her pain under control. The personal care she received from aides and nurses was superb, they were constantly checking on her. When she didn't like the meal they were quick to offer her something else to eat. The rehab staff got her strong enough to go home before the doctor thought she would be ready. We have absolutely no complaints about anything. I would highly recommend them.

January 23, 2018

By amysigma6

My grandmother was admitted to Manor Care after having a stroke that left her unable to walk. My mother fed her every day at lunch, seven days a week. I visited with my mother many times during her stay. Grandma was a cash pay patient with the cost being approximately $10k per month. She shared a very small cramped room with another patient. The room was almost always filthy. It smelled of urine, small bugs were flying around on several occasions, the water and juices left out were dated and time stamped in permanent marker, so I could see that they had been sitting there from the day before. Small items of clothing and blankets would go missing. I don't think they were being stolen, but this does speak to the overall disorganization. I can attest that most of the day staff I met were caring and wanted to help grandma if they could with her daily activities like getting up and in her wheel chair. Then there was an influenza outbreak at Manor Care. My grandmother contracted the flu was kept in the wing with her roommate (who did not have the flu, which seemed dangerous for the roommate). We were not allowed to see her or feed her. My mother could not get anyone to put grandma on the phone, they would only transfer her to the roommate. Five days ago my grandmother passed at Manor Care. I know she was elderly and we would need to prepare for the day, but not this way. We didn't get to see her. She died alone with the flu. A nurse called my mom the day before she passed to say she wasn't drinking and they would give an IV but they could only do it once, whatever that meant. I will never forgive this place for the way they allowed this to happen.

e are sorry that you are having a negative experience with your grandmother's care at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

July 30, 2017

By andrew5962

I went to visit a friend today the minute you walk on the floor you get hit with a very strong smell of urine. I found the room my friend was in she was in pain the call light was out of her reach and the phone was on the floor. She wanted some water found her cup on the floor with the water spilled all underneath her bed and on the floor. Put the call light on no one answered her light but I did see many employees walk by her door without acknowledging the call light. I walked out into the hall to see a nurse sitting at the desk with the light ringing right over his head but he just sat there and ignored the light. I waited for 15 minutes called the front desk to ask if anyone was working today she asked me what was the problem and what room I was calling about. She placed me on hold and a minute went by and the nurse came into the room and asked what we needed and also apologized stating the CNA was on lunch that's why the light rang so long. Shouldn't they have other staff covering people's lunches what if there was a medical emergency and no one bothered to answer the light?

Andrew, we are sorry that you had a negative experience with the response to call lights while visiting your friend at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

March 21, 2017

By Kathleen Anne

My 89 year old mother was there after her heart attack and the facility was clean and the staff very professional. I was very happy with her care. The discharge procedure was well coordinated with the Assisted Living Facility that she lives in. I was very happy with the Facility and would recommend it.

Thank you for sharing Kathleen!

February 24, 2017

By rookie five

This is a terrible facility. I visited my father quite regular and the place is always dirty.Most of the staff barely speak English.My father was always dirty with dried food around his mouth and hands. The staff never understood what I was saying.The rooms are always dirty and smell like urine. I have since taken my father out of this place and it should be closed down.

May 10, 2016

By Connie124568450

Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin is very nice, clean, and very professional. Finally, Mom gets some certified professional nursing care and not just people off the streets. Mom has her own private room, and it is spotless. She has her own TV and talking books because she is blind, and she gets beautiful care there. They bring the food to her room, and it tastes good because she eats it.

January 23, 2016

By narrowj

Avoid this facility, if you can. My mother was transferred here from the hospital in order to do rehab after falling. Since she suffers from dementia, we knew that it would likely be a long process, if she could ever relearn to walk. We chose this facility in part because they supposedly had a long-term bed available and we had few other options on short notice. However after several weeks, the facility reported she was not making enough progress in rehab and had refused to go to therapy that morning. Later that day, they immediately gave us notice that she had to be out in a few days. Notice came the day before a long, holiday weekend when other facilities were closed and when my sister (who is local) was out of town. Regardless, the Social Service person harassed us non-stop until we found a suitable alternative for my Mom. Very uncaring and unprofessional. The facility itself is dark, old and cold. Most of the staff seemed okay, if not overly friendly or helpful.

January 12, 2016

By dixiemetzger

Those people are not professional. On Thursday I called their # and was transferred for the 4th time to Carol of course she is at a meeting .I did not leave a message. I called back later in the day and of course a leave a message. So Friday around 11:30 I went up there. I spoke to the older lady at the front desk she made copies of my drivers license,insurance card ,and my rx. She asked the person in the business office if she could help me. She said no give to Carol. So I left after her telling me Carol was at a meeting and she would call me after 1:30 today. No call back on Monday waiting patiently. On Tuesday 1/12/2016 I called for Carol she answered said that I had to speak to the business office they had to get approval, so I spoke to then Suze she said that all they did get was if I had benefits that to call Carol after 1:00 which I did but the that answered the phone said she had to go to a dr's appointment I would have to leave a message. Which I did. Saying I was glad she was the director that I needed to schedule pt and have been through to much to get an appointment. She returned my call and 1st thing she said "WAS THAT SHE COULD NOT WORK WITH ME BECAUSE I LEFT THE MESSAGE " I WAS NOT UGLY IN MY MESSAGE.I TOLD HER SHE HAS THE PROBLEM. HER RESPONSE NOT TO HELP ME WAS TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. THAT SHE NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT HER JOB. I WOULD TAKE CARE OF MY END..

July 01, 2015

By Koozie

This place is ridiculous. Admitted my Mom there for skilled services, also knowing she would remain long term care. As soon as her skilled days were running out they wanted her out. The nursing staff is not that competent. My Mother acquired wounds that were never reported to me. Thankfully I did move my Mom to a nicer more caring and profressional place in Dunedin (MCC), where she spent her last days.

July 22, 2013

By jcs1

I would not reccomend this place to anyone. It looks nice from the outside and inside but is a cold sterile place. My mother was here to recover from a hip replacement and went for over a day without pain meds. she was crying in alot of pain and all they could tell her was to wait till some was recieved which should not have taken over 24 hours . I went to head nurse who was very rude and acted like we should be happy that they took her. Please stay away from this place if you care for your loved ones !!!!!!

November 03, 2012

By Nancy 4

My mother stayed in Manor Care for three months. I thought it's a nice facility. When you walk in the door, there was somebody there in the front desk welcoming. It's more pleasing, they would have coffee or tea for visitors. They have a lot of nice little dining areas. They did a lot more physical therapy for my mom. They engage her a little more on doing things. The rooms were a little nicer. I'm not fond of the food. I think all facilities should limit the amount of salt on the food.

About Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin

Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin is a senior living provider in Dunedin, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manor Care Health Services of Dunedin