The Argyle

The Argyle (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Argyle

Assisted Living Reviews for The Argyle

October 22, 2014

My mother is in The Argyle, and we are really happy because she is being taken good care of there. She's very comfortable, and she has lots of friends. They have their restaurants, and they have meals three times a day. They do yoga, trips, and things like that. It has a wonderful atmosphere. It is a lot like having your parents somewhere that you really trust the staff and the environment is great. It is a great place, and I highly recommend it.

February 26, 2014

Argyle is antique, it’s beautiful and when you walk in there, you feel you’ve come home. I would appreciate more staff though, I think there’s not enough staff to care for all these people. They also do not have air conditioning in the room and only in the hallways but everything is excellent. I would prefer a tailored diet for my mother and they don’t offer that at all. The room is beautiful but I would appreciated an eating area so we can put her dishes and wash them there instead in the bathroom.

December 21, 2013

By Mare1

When looking for a place mom would like, we came across the Argyle. It just so happened to be in a convenient location for others of the family to visit. The fine wood banisters and old wood trim in the building lend itself to a nostalgic feel that, I believe, the residents living there can relate to. Mom's room is small, I wish it were a bit larger, but for those that are social butterflies, the room size doesn't matter that much because they have the freedom to visit the social areas of the building, and there are many. I appreciate the fact that all of mom's doctor visits are taken care of and that she has three meals a day there plus snacks anytime. However, once in awhile the meals leave something to be desired. I have to realize that even at home when she was living with me, we'd have a meal that wasn't neccessarily ideal. All in all I think they deserve

April 11, 2013

By Ann16

Dayspring Villa is at a good location. It's nice, clean, modern and well-organized. Everyone seems very nice. My friend is in an apartment, with a kitchenette all to himself. The room is nice but smaller than I expected. My friend says that the food is okay. Maybe they can improve the quality of the food.

November 17, 2011

By samiam76

This facility provides the basic needs, nothing more in my estimation. the food is not very good. What it has going for it is that is affordable?

August 06, 2011

By June2

The facility felt like you were visiting someones home. It was very "homey". The staff member that showed us the facility was patient with my parents, my sister, and I, as we asked several questions while being shown the facility. The facility itself seemed clean and well kept. The residents there also seemed to be relaxed, which gave you a peaceful feeling about the place. We would definitely consider The Argyle if and when my parents are ready to be placed.

Questions about The Argyle

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Argyle. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 75 years old. Popular activities include happy hour, bingo, outings, movies, and much more.

What programs or activities does The Argyle offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Argyle has a special wellness program offered to all residents free of charge. This wellness program focuses on balance, flexibility, strengthening, and cardiovascular health.

What places are near The Argyle or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Argyle is in the popular Highland neighborhood of Denver. The neighborhood boasts many restaurants, stores, and shops within walking distance.

What transportation services does The Argyle offer to assisted living residents?

The Argyle has a bus to transport residents and we are also conveniently located near public transportation.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Argyle exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Argyle employs a Director of Dining who has been with the community for 20 years. We offer a menu rotation of entrees and we also offer a grill menu as an alternative to the day's entree.

What safety features or security measures does The Argyle offer to assisted living residents?

The Argyle has pull cords in the private studio and in the private bathroom. We will be transitioning to a pendant call system this year. The Argyle also has 24 hour front desk concierge and security.

How does The Argyle keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a system of communication called Voice Friend which allows families and residents to be informed of any community or individual updates.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Argyle during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staff to resident ratio in assisted living is 6 to 1 in our Raleigh Garden's neighborhood and we staff to 8 in our regular AL.

If The Argyle accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Argyle does not allow pets at this time. We continue to review this policy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff are properly credentialed and are always up to date with required continuing education.

What safety features or security measures does The Argyle provide to protect residents who wander?

We are not a locked facility; therefore, we do not allow residents in our community who might wander or get lost.

Costs for The Argyle

Photos of The Argyle

Services and Amenities of The Argyle

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

Payment options

• Check

About The Argyle

The Argyle is an assisted living community in the Highland neighborhood of Denver, Colorado. We have been serving seniors in the Denver area since 1874. Our community features 137 private studios and private baths. The Argyle is non-profit and has an extremely strong mission to care for seniors at an affordable price.

Included in our basic services, our residents enjoy three meals a day, weekly housekeeping, weekly laundry, transportation to outings, 24-hour front desk security, robust activity program and a wellness program to encourage strengthening and stamina in our residents. We do have an outdoor smoking section. We love pets; however, we only invite pets to visit and not to live in the community.

Our community will be renovating our common areas and resident rooms over the next two years and we are very excited to provide an updated community to live and work.

The Argyle is a reasonably priced assisted living option for seniors who prefer character in their surroundings and to live in a non-profit community with a strong mission and purpose.

Map of The Argyle