Denver is the capital city of Colorado and features some beautiful examples of early 19th-century architecture. The city has a population of about 720,000, and 11.5% of residents are over the age of 65. Seniors in Denver have access to excellent medical care facilities at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital, which is nationally ranked in nine different procedures and rated as high-performing in geriatrics by US News

Nursing home care focuses on assisting seniors who require around-the-clock medical care and supervision. This type of care is often the most expensive care option available due to the number of qualified staff required. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Denver is $9,064 for a semiprivate room. Family members may want to look at alternative care options such as assisted living and home care if nursing home care isn’t required.

This guide looks at care costs in Denver and surrounding cities as well as resources that may be of interest to seniors in the Denver area.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Denver, CO

Montage Hills

2500 South Roslyn Street, Denver, CO, 80231

My mother was in the skilled nursing wing of Montage Hills. The rooms are okay, nothing fancy. The nurses, particularly Sowet and Genet, are very good. The rest of the care is spotty. The place often … (read more)

2015

The Courtyards at Mountain View

8101 East Mississippi Ave., Denver, CO, 80247

The Courtyards at Mountain View offers different levels of care, from an independent living wing to more supervised help with daily life tasks and mobility. More active seniors have private apartments … (read more)

Rowan Community

4601 E. Asbury Circle, Denver, CO, 80222

I visited my mother once in Rowan Community. It’s very well put together and kept up. It’s a bit of a younger community, aged more around the 50-60 area. She’s happy and well taken care of by very hel … (read more)

Denver North Care Center

2201 Downing Street, Denver, CO, 80205

Denver North Care Facility is an awesome place. The Staff is so nice and courteous, always! They have numerous outings for their patients; and their food is healthy and so delicious, it’s unbelievable … (read more)

Health Center at Franklin Park

1535 PARK AVENUE, Denver, CO, 80218

i think it is a ok facility and would recomend it to others to bring there family and friends if needed just check out the facility for yourself to find out plus the cna’s and nurses that ive meet see … (read more)

Amberwood Court Rehabilitation And Care Community

4686 East Asbury Circle, Denver, CO, 80222

I loved the care my mom received there. The nursing staff was very professional and caring. Beautiful facility and food was very good!

Hallmark Nursing Center

3701 WEST RADCLIFFE AVENUE, Denver, CO, 80236

Thank you for taking excellent care of my mom! This review is long overdue but better late than never. My mom fell last year and went to Hallmark Nursing Center for rehab. They were outstanding and … (read more)

Highline Rehabilitation and Care Community

6060 East Illif, Denver, CO, 80222

I have been a resident here for the past 20 days for rehab. The PT and OT team is awesome and had me standing on one leg in no time, as I have been non-weight bearing since my fall. They carefully p … (read more)

Little Sisters of the Poor Mullen Home

3629 West 29th Avenue, Denver, CO, 80211

Little Sisters of the Poor care facility is run by Catholic Charities. It is a medium sized nursing home. There is another wing for just assisted living with apartments. It is as the name indicates fo … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services – Denver

290 SOUTH MONACO PARKWAY, Denver, CO, 80224

This facility is horrible. My sister went in over a year ago with a broken wrist and over the course of Covid and that time period, she became wheelchair dependent and wears a diaper around the clock. … (read more)

St Paul Health Center

1667 ST PAUL STREET, Denver, CO, 80206

My experience at St. Paul has been good. The people are very friendly. Staff treats me very well and the therapy I’ve received here is good and they are very helpful in helping me recover and get my l … (read more)

Berkley Manor Care Center

735 SOUTH LOCUST STREET, Denver, CO, 80224

Need an AED in the facility!
Need an AED in the facility!

Briarwood Health Care Center

1440 Vine Street, Denver, CO, 80206

My father is at Briarwood Health Care. It is extremely clean, and you can smell the bleach in the cleaning stuff they’re using. It has four floors, it is extremely clean, and that is a real plus. The … (read more)

Parkview Care Center

3105 W. Arkansas Ave., Denver, CO, 80219

I lived at Parkview Care Center for several months. I liked the food, the people and the staff. I left only because I wanted to be at a higher altitude with a cooler climate. They have a number of act … (read more)

Center At Lowry, Llc

8550 E Lowry Blvd, Denver, CO, 80230

My husband was a resident at Center at Lowry. This place was very disappointing for me. It was very clean, very nice. People were friendly, but I did not feel that he really was treated as well as he … (read more)

Holly Heights Nursing Home Inc

6000 East Iliff Avenue, Denver, CO, 80222

My friend has been placed at Holly Heights Nursing Home Inc and it’s been positive. I’ve been very impressed. They’re very caring and accommodating. I can’t imagine him getting better care anywhere el … (read more)

Jewell Care Center of Denver

4450 EAST JEWELL AVENUE, Denver, CO, 80222

My mom’s a resident at Jewell, such a beautiful place. Clean & modern unit where she lives…decorated in a lovely manor with color coordinated furniture & beautiful lighting. The staff is … (read more)

Uptown Care Center

745 EAST 18TH AVENUE, Denver, CO, 80203

I was VERY happy with the care my brother received before he passed away. The staff from nursing to housekeeping were incredible. I am so happy he was able to spend his final days under Uptown’s ca … (read more)

Autumn Heights Health Care Center

3131 South Federal Boulevard, Denver, CO, 80236

My uncle was in Autumn Heights. The facility was pretty bad but the people working there were awesome. He really received good care from the people. He was a grouchy old man and hard to live with. He … (read more)

Crestmoore Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center

895 SOUTH MONACO PARKWAY, Denver, CO, 80224

We loved Monoco! My father went there for his rehab stay from a stroke and received excellent care. The staff were very knowledgable and friendly. Our family was so happy with the care they provided. … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Denver, CO

Nursing home care in Denver costs an average of $9,064 for a semiprivate room and $10,139 for a private room per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Looking at the average monthly cost of nursing home care in American cities, Denver costs about $1,300 per month more than the national average. Nursing home care in Denver is about $500 per month more than the Colorado state average of $8,517.

Nursing home care in Denver is more expensive than in Colorado Springs ($8,289) and Fort Collins ($8,971). However, it’s similar to neighboring Boulder ($9,049). Across the border in Albuquerque, New Mexico ($8,330), costs are lower.

$9064

Boulder

$8330

Albuquerque, NM

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Family members may be interested in the costs of other senior care options in Denver if they’re not sure that nursing home care is the right option for their loved one. The cheapest senior care option is adult day care, at an average of $1,625 per month. Assisted living comes in at an average cost of $4,850 per month, and homemaker services and home health aide services both cost an average of $5,720 per month. Nursing home care costs an average of $9,064 for a semiprivate room and $10,139 for a private room per month.

$1625

Home care

$5720

Home health care

$9064

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$10139

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Denver, CO

Free Resources for Seniors in Denver, CO

These resources may be useful to seniors living in Denver, and the assistance from these resources may help seniors to remain living safely in their homes for a longer period of time.

ResourceContactServices
Senior Resource Center(303) 238-8151Senior Resource Center is a nonprofit organization that aims to assist seniors to live independently in their homes for as long as possible. Services offered by the organization include shopping assistance, transportation, housekeeping services, assistance with bathing, meal preparation and yard work. Additionally, the group provides in-home respite services to give caregivers a much-needed break. It also runs adult day care centers throughout the city. Some of the services are free, and some incur a charge to help cover costs.
Senior Support Services(303) 832-1622Senior Support Services assist hungry, homeless and low-income seniors in the Denver area. It operates a day center where seniors can safely spend time, socialize and participate in a range of activities. The center provides access to basic medical care and health screenings. A daily hot meal is provided for all seniors at the center. The seniors there have access to transportation and computers with internet access.
Catholic Charities(303) 742-0828The Catholic Charities of Denver operates The Mulroy Senior Center. Seniors 55 and older are eligible to take part in activities at the Center. Some of the activities offered include arts and crafts, exercise classes, games and puzzles. A healthy meal is served at midday each day to seniors taking part in activities. There’s no charge for any of the activities or the meal. Staff members can assist seniors with transportation and health referrals.