Marycrest Assisted Living

Reviews of Marycrest Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Marycrest Assisted Living

December 31, 2011

By weeezer

This facility seemed just ok for the first year my relative was there. I did notice a high employee turnover of the care givers which indicated to me something was wrong with being employed there. There were -0 LPN's for the first year we were there. Then when they hired LPN's they were too overworked to make a difference in the care. The CNA's or aids that truly loved my relative were fired or quit in the 2nd year because they could not witness and follow through with the horrible instructions given to them by their immediate supervisor that referred to some residents as "old demented people that really didn't matter". (this is how my relative was referred to) I witnessed the fact that they made mediation errors in relationship to my relative. The administration completely changed 2-3 times in the 2nd year and nothing good happened after that. It is obvious the facility is only interested in the bottom line.($$$$) The residents constantly complained about the horrible food, (most of the time the 4 people at my relatives table asked for a sandwich rather than what was served to them for 2 of the 3 meals a day that was not appealing to the eye or taste buds. btw the sandwich served was mostly a piece of bologna between 2 slices of white bread and a small bag of chips. Most certainly not what one would expect for nourishment and paying cash for the rent. There was also lack of attn. to residents in the dining hall, not enough staff to serve the food. I witnessed residents waiting up to 30 minutes for their meal. Very few activities for those that are unable to go 'out', forcing most residents to stay in their apts. I personally witnessed total negligence when residents fell. The carpeting in the hallways had large stains, and some corridors had strong odors from urine, or uncleanliness. They allow people to be there that were a threat to women, I saw a man with his pants half way down, no underwear....and you can imagine. He also stocked women (they feared him) and the facility just warned him many, many times. He still lives there. It appears as though they may have people there that need a higher level of care then Marycrest is certified to do. I witnessed safety issues that were not addressed quickly. When I called the Ombuds person I was told "oh yes, Marycrest is ALWAYS at the top of our radar screen". The governmental office that oversees asst. living told me they were "far to busy to make a site visit any time soon". I would never suggest this facility to anyone that cares about what happens to their relative. The management they have now smile in your face and behind your back are non-caring, and mean spirited. All staff seemed to be afraid for their jobs. My relative no longer lives there.

September 29, 2011

By Italian xx

The Maycrest facility has been a great place for my mother. She has lived in the facility for over a year and has improvedmhernhealthnsince she moved outnof my house. She needed to have companionship that was lacking in my home. Shenhasnmet a lot of new friends and her vocabulary has even improved. The staff is friendly and very responsive to her needs. The nursing care is great and I have no concerns about my mother getting the best service. The extracurricular activites provide a great break in the weekly routine and my mother enjoys each weekly activity. I find a lot of comfort in knowing she is happy and well taken cre of.

About Marycrest Assisted Living

Marycrest Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Denver, Colorado that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Marycrest Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Marycrest Assisted Living