14 Assisted Living Facilities near Babylon, NY
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Babylon area, with 2 in Babylon and 12 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 107 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Babylon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Babylon 1.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include West Babylon with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Babylon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Babylon, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Babylon
Babylon is located in Suffolk County, on Long Island, New York. The community is on the Atlantic Coast, a lovely place for seniors who enjoy the outdoors to stroll along the shore, fish or shop in the quaint downtown area. Its population is 213,000, 14% of whom are seniors aged 65 and older. As these seniors age, those who need accommodations in an assisted living facility can choose from two in Babylon and 12 others that are nearby.
Assisted living communities in Babylon are licensed and regulated by the New York State Office for the Aging. These regulations include staff certification and access to nursing care depending on the residents' needs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Babylon
- Seniors in Babylon, as in all of New York, are not taxed by the state on income derived from Social Security benefits, which may be helpful to those on a budget. Retirement account withdrawals under $20,000 per year are also state tax exempt.
- The climate in Babylon includes warm summers, with cool breezes from the Atlantic Ocean and cold, snowy winters. Seniors sensitive to high heat may find relief living here.
- The Manlius area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cost of living in the U.S. starts at a baseline of 100. In Babylon, the overall cost of living is 143, mainly due to high housing costs which are 215 compared to the national average of 100. Higher housing expenses may increase the cost of operations for assisted living facilities and the fees for residents, which is something that some seniors may need to consider.
Crime rates in Babylon are slightly higher than the national average. Property crimes, including theft, are on par with the national average of 35 out of 100, while violent crimes are 27, compared to the national average of 23. Crime rates are based on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest.
- Babylon, as part of Suffolk County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Babylon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Babylon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Babylon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Babylon
New York offers an Assisted Living Program (ALP) to help residents who need nursing care pay for room and board in assisted living facilities. This is a Community First Choice State Plan Option (CFCO), similar to a Medicaid waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Babylon
Babylon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Babylon, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Babylon
Babylon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Babylon, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Babylon
Review of Babylon Beach House
I love Babylon Beach House's setting. It's beautiful, but it's a little city looking. The people were old, but everybody seemed happy and that's what I'm looking forward to. They were very expensiv... Read more
Review of Bayview Home for Adults
Offers little to no care. administer meds with no supervision. Read more
Review of Bayview Home for Adults
Awful place, should be shut down. food is poor and rationed, heat off much of the winter. A/C units removed in summer because usage was to great horible living conditions Read more