Sunrise of Smithtown

30 Hauppauge Road, Route 111, Smithtown, NY 11787
Sunrise of Smithtown (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Please ask about our February Special Incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Smithtown

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Smithtown

March 10, 2012

By cgard318

Sunrise at Smithtown was my grandmother's home for the last two years of her life. Visiting her was often a stressful time. The smell of the facility was not pleasant. The staff did seem to try to engage the residents but I also saw men and women in wheelchairs lining the hallways for hours at a time. The staff would greet my family and I when we would visit. The staff would try to engage my grandmother in conversation but it was often futile. She was always clean. They took care to ensure that she did not get bed sores, which was a concern. Overall my family was very happy with this facility. We have recommended it to other family members and friends. They took care to ensure that my grandmother was always safe. I did see a resident try to walk out of the door on their own a few times and they were always stopped. This made us feel like we entrusted the right facility with my grandmother's well-being. When she died, the nurses were very caring and talked kindly about my grandmother. They thought it was wonderful that she died without a wrinkle on her face. She did, indeed.

Photos of Sunrise of Smithtown