34 Assisted Living Facilities near Nesconset, NY
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Nesconset area, with 3 in Nesconset and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Nesconset is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 269 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nesconset. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nesconset 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Smithtown with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nesconset, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Nesconset, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nesconset
Nesconset is a hamlet on Long Island that is home to around 13,000 people and residents who are aged 65 and older make up over 18 percent of the population. Seniors who wish to remain independent but need some assistance with day-to-day activities can find care in one of the 32 assisted living facilities in the hamlet and surrounding areas. These facilities are monitored by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nesconset
- Suffolk County, including Nesconset, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Nesconset area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation in Nesconset is provided by Suffolk County Transportation. Riders aged 60 years or older are eligible for discounted fares. A curb-to-curb service is also available for people who can't use the regular service.
- The Sperling index ranks Nesconset's cost of living at 148, which is 48 points higher than the national average. Although everyday expenses like groceries and transportation are high, healthcare costs are one point lower than the U.S. average. This may mean lower expenses for seniors with health conditions.
- Nesconset has warm summers and cold winters. The average low temperature in January is 23 degrees and the hamlet gets 27 inches of snow each year, 1 inch more than the national average. The high temperature in July averages 82 degrees. There are around 204 days of sunshine each year, one less than the U.S. average, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy spending time outside.
- Nesconset's crime rate is lower than the average for communities in America that are a similar size. The violent crime rate is 0.52 crimes per 1,000 residents, three points below the New York average and the property crime rate of 10.7 is around five points lower than the state average. This may help seniors who are concerned for their safety feel more secure.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nesconset
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Nesconset start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nesconset and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nesconset
Nesconset seniors may be able to access financial assistance through the Assisted Living Program (ALP), though the program is limited to a small number of participants. Those who receive Social Security benefits may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nesconset
Nesconset and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nesconset, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nesconset
Nesconset-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Nesconset, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nesconset
Review of Olsen Rest Home
I like Olsen Rest Home. It's a small home. The activity room was small, and they didn't seem to have a lot of activities there. It seemed like they were very interested in giving quality care rathe... Read more
Review of Amber Court of Smithtown
My sister lives in Amber Court of Smithtown. She has to share the room with three women, but it's a big facility, and they have a lot of activities. They have bingo and they're very active. The sta... Read more
Review of Olsen Rest Home
Olsen Rest Home is kind of like 5 bungalow houses which they attached them through hallways, and it just makes you feel that you are in a home and not in a hospital. It is small and only has about ... Read more