The Arbors at Bohemia

1065 Smithtown Avenue, Bohemia, NY 11716
The Arbors at Bohemia (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 36 days

Ask about our Heroes Welcome Program up to 5% off Select Accommodations. Heroes include Veterans, First Responders, & Health Care Heroes. *SafeCare Excluded & Can not be combined with other offers

Reviews of The Arbors at Bohemia

Assisted Living Reviews for The Arbors at Bohemia

July 09, 2021

By Kathy

I toured The Arbors at Bohemia for my mom, and I can say that they were very welcoming. They gave a fantastic tour. They showed me every component of the facility. They let me know about available activities, the amenities, the different ways we can visit with my mom while she's there, and I was very pleased. They have an outdoor barbecue area. They had a game room, they had a beauty salon, and they were able to do day trips. They have a family room that you can sign out and have dinners with your family, either catered by the facility for a charge, or you could bring food in from the outside. It was very clean, and the staff was all friendly and outgoing.

Hi Kathy Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you received all of the information during your visit to help you in your decision making process to find the best place for Mom. As always we are here to answer any additional questions you may have. Have a wonderful day. John

March 30, 2021

By smolloy

My mom is a resident at The Arbors at Bohemia. Placing a loved one in an assisted living community is a difficult decision that I faced three years ago. Now I can say with certainty, it was the best decision. The staff at the Arbors go above and beyond to welcome residents into the community. Because it is a smaller community, the wellness department can address the individual needs of each resident. During visits, I am able to watch these ladies perform their duties with patience and care. The staff has become part of our family, and that is what makes being at The Arbors like being home!

Thank you very much for your kind review. We strive to make our community feel like the residents & families new home. It makes us feel good to see the families are seeing our efforts.

October 28, 2020

By Timmi

My dad moved into The Arbors at Bohemia. What I seemed to like most was it's all one level for him. He has a vision problem, so going up the elevator would be difficult for him. He has a back door to his room, so he gets to go outside in his lounge chair and enjoy the outdoors, which he loves. Everyone that works there is very friendly and nice, so he's been very happy with his care. It's very clean, very nice in and out, and they always decorate it for different events or holidays.

September 28, 2019

By melanie d

Great facility, good caring people. My mom feels very much at home here. I would highly recommend considering this for your loved one. Room is very comfortable she has everything she needs. Staff is interactive and knows mom well. Mom enjoys most activities.

July 22, 2019

By Maureen

My mother-in-law is now at The Arbors at Bohemia. I love it. We're very happy and I think they're great. It's like a big living room, but it's not overly fancy. It's very nice, with couches, chairs, a beautiful dining room, and shared and private rooms which are also very nice. The staff is very pleasant, accommodating, and patient. I think the food is great and they have nice choices. I haven't tasted the food, but we've seen how it's laid out and what they serve, and it's very nice. They don't charge you by the levels; it's one rate. My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair so she needs help and they're very great with that, plus she needs medication help and they take care of that. They have an activity going every hour. I would definitely rate the staff with a five. They're amazing. And the facilities there are good, so we're happy with that.

December 19, 2018

By Vivian

I was very highly impressed with The Arbors Bohemia. The staff was wonderful. The facility was very clean, kept up very nicely, and I was very happy with it. They had arts and crafts, lectures, and movies. They had a nice array of various activities for the people. The outside grounds were very pretty and had a vegetable garden that the residents took care of. There were lots of flowers around. They had a beautiful lobby and the bedrooms were lovely.

February 29, 2016

By Caring relative16

The Arbors wasn’t as nice, but it was a more reasonable place. They said that they provide a lot of activities, but I did not witness any of them. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and small, but they were nice. Their common area was quite nice as well. I liked that it’s one level, my aunt prefers a one-level, and it’s more reasonably priced than the other place I looked at.

January 23, 2016

By Sandy119004250

My mother’s sister is at the Arbors. It was very much like a nursing home, and it didn’t quite fit my mom who was a little bit independent. The people in there needed a little bit more attention. The staff was great, accommodating, and we had a wonderful time. I think they did a fabulous job with my aunt.

August 21, 2015

By Anonymous111937450

I liked The Arbors at Bohemia. The rooms were nice. The grounds were beautiful, and they had gardens and fountains. The residents were actively engaged in a musical program that they were having when I was there. The woman who took us around was very interesting.

January 17, 2015

My husband's mother got put in The Arbors, and they're very compassionate people and taking care of her right now. The staff are all very pleasant. It is a very clean and nice environment. They can improve on just having more options in terms of care for the elderly.

October 30, 2013

By Shellieshirley

The ambience at The Arbors was nice. The facility was decorated, clean and neat. It was also safe. All of the staff was excellent. They also have an RN available. At the time of our visit there, activities were ongoing. As a whole this was a place you would want to go if you needed to go. However, things were not accessible as easy as I would have liked. I used a cane and it was difficult to get around this facility. There were long distances to get from place to place.

October 29, 2012

By LI Native

The facility itself is clean, beautiful and warm. They are always getting new furniture, putting in new gardens and updating existing areas. They have many activitites that keep my mom engaged; we never find her in her room. The personnel are all friendly and genuinely care about the residents. Any concerns we have are addressed immediately and the communication between the staff and the family (us) is very good. The main thing is that mom is happy and well cared for in this facility.

April 26, 2012

By Nancy8

My mother has been here since December. It's very nice and clean. They have a lot of activities. The people there seem to be pretty nice with the my mother and the other residents. The main part is that they do have a lot of activities so they're not just sitting there all day long doing nothing. She plays bingo and all kinds of games, they have current events, they even take them to dinner. This place seems to be up on that. When we first put my mother in the room, there was a strong urine smell. We kept telling them and they kept telling us they cleaned it. After our complaining, they finally determined it was the carpet. They changed the carpeting and we got satisfaction from that.

March 06, 2012

By Rec for Nursing Home

Though I haven't heard the best responses about other Arbors, the one that I am writing this review about was actually really good. As a niece, I was happy that my family was in this place. It seemed that they enjoyed the activities, the cleanliness of the facility, and even her roomate. Because she seemed ok, I made me feel better and let me know that I could depend on the staff to take care of her like family. The only complaint that I didn't like hearing waS that the food was sub par and not appetizing. However, considering what could go on in a facility, that is not the worst complaint by far. Something that I did not like about the facility when I was there was that her room was a little small, but I understand that there are many people that have to live there so there is a limit to what can be done. I enjoyed visiting her, as much as possible, I just wish that we had more privacy. SOmetimes it felt that visitors were bothering other residents and staff by just being there with their family.

November 18, 2011

By smitj62

My Grandmother spent the last two and a half years of her life staying at The Arbors and she seemed relatively pleased with the facility. We had a lot of trouble finding somewhere she was comfortable staying after she had a very bad experience at a home that has since closed down. At The Arbors, they had many fun activities for the residents. Frequently, children from the neighborhood would come in and read or play music for them (which I also did as a child). My grandmother frequently said that the food wasn't amazing but it wasn't the worst she has had. My grandmother was close with a lot of the staff there and from what I saw, most of them were very kind and caring people. There were, of course, some who weren't the best of people but my grandmother was never neglected or mistreated, nor have I heard of other patients being neglected or mistreated.

June 24, 2011

By WainBurke

I have a grandmother who lives at The Arbors. I think it is a rather nice place to be. Her room was a bit small, but it was still clean before she moved in. She seems pretty happy there, although at times there may be a little mishaps here and there. Most of the staff is great, they have the people you love , but on the other hand some people aren't as attentive as the other staff members. The dinning room is very pretty. I feel like the food has great potential, but only sometimes my grandmother complained of the food being cold, other than that she loves it.

Costs for The Arbors at Bohemia

Photos of The Arbors at Bohemia

Services and Amenities of The Arbors at Bohemia

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $3700

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: 700 F 913

About The Arbors at Bohemia

The Arbors Assisted Living Community at Bohemia is more than a retirement community or an apartment complex for active adults. The Arbors senior communities are a place where our loved ones can enjoy life to the fullest. The Arbors Assisted Living offers a nurturing and caring adult living community where each day brings something new to explore.

The Arbors is located a short distance from Long Island’s world-class South Shore beaches. Easily accessible from nearly anywhere on the island, The Arbors Bohemia is convenient for visiting family and friends while offering an extensive choice of area restaurants, shopping, banking and other destinations. Two of the region’s most prominent cultural venues – the Gateway Playhouse (Long Island’s only professional musical theater) and the Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, which showcase a wide array of captivating performances in virtually all areas of live theater production.

The Arbors Assisted Living Community at Bohemia provides an all-inclusive nurturing, supportive, and active environment that fosters independence yet offers assistance when needed.

Services & Amenities Included In Your Monthly Fee:
  • Three Delicious, Chef Prepared Meals Served Restaurant-Style Daily
  • Bistro Open 24 Hours
  • Private Dining
  • 24 Hour Reception
  • Senior-Focused Social, Recreational, Educational, Cultural, and Intergenerational Activities
  • Media Room, Computer Center, Library, On Site Beauty Salon (Minimal Fee)
  • Scheduled Transportation to Nearby Shops, Theaters, Scenic Outings, and So Much More

Our beautiful, one-level community is located in residential Bohemia on 8 acres of woodland.

Map of The Arbors at Bohemia