The Arbors at Bohemia

Reviews of The Arbors at Bohemia

Assisted Living Reviews for The Arbors at Bohemia

October 30, 2013

By Shellieshirley

The ambience at The Arbors was nice. The facility was decorated, clean and neat. It was also safe. All of the staff was excellent. They also have an RN available. At the time of our visit there, activities were ongoing. As a whole this was a place you would want to go if you needed to go. However, things were not accessible as easy as I would have liked. I used a cane and it was difficult to get around this facility. There were long distances to get from place to place.

October 29, 2012

By LI Native

The facility itself is clean, beautiful and warm. They are always getting new furniture, putting in new gardens and updating existing areas. They have many activitites that keep my mom engaged; we never find her in her room. The personnel are all friendly and genuinely care about the residents. Any concerns we have are addressed immediately and the communication between the staff and the family (us) is very good. The main thing is that mom is happy and well cared for in this facility.

April 26, 2012

By Nancy8

My mother has been here since December. It's very nice and clean. They have a lot of activities. The people there seem to be pretty nice with the my mother and the other residents. The main part is that they do have a lot of activities so they're not just sitting there all day long doing nothing. She plays bingo and all kinds of games, they have current events, they even take them to dinner. This place seems to be up on that. When we first put my mother in the room, there was a strong urine smell. We kept telling them and they kept telling us they cleaned it. After our complaining, they finally determined it was the carpet. They changed the carpeting and we got satisfaction from that.

March 06, 2012

By Rec for Nursing Home

Though I haven't heard the best responses about other Arbors, the one that I am writing this review about was actually really good. As a niece, I was happy that my family was in this place. It seemed that they enjoyed the activities, the cleanliness of the facility, and even her roomate. Because she seemed ok, I made me feel better and let me know that I could depend on the staff to take care of her like family. The only complaint that I didn't like hearing waS that the food was sub par and not appetizing. However, considering what could go on in a facility, that is not the worst complaint by far. Something that I did not like about the facility when I was there was that her room was a little small, but I understand that there are many people that have to live there so there is a limit to what can be done. I enjoyed visiting her, as much as possible, I just wish that we had more privacy. SOmetimes it felt that visitors were bothering other residents and staff by just being there with their family.

November 18, 2011

By smitj62

My Grandmother spent the last two and a half years of her life staying at The Arbors and she seemed relatively pleased with the facility. We had a lot of trouble finding somewhere she was comfortable staying after she had a very bad experience at a home that has since closed down. At The Arbors, they had many fun activities for the residents. Frequently, children from the neighborhood would come in and read or play music for them (which I also did as a child). My grandmother frequently said that the food wasn't amazing but it wasn't the worst she has had. My grandmother was close with a lot of the staff there and from what I saw, most of them were very kind and caring people. There were, of course, some who weren't the best of people but my grandmother was never neglected or mistreated, nor have I heard of other patients being neglected or mistreated.

June 24, 2011

By WainBurke

I have a grandmother who lives at The Arbors. I think it is a rather nice place to be. Her room was a bit small, but it was still clean before she moved in. She seems pretty happy there, although at times there may be a little mishaps here and there. Most of the staff is great, they have the people you love , but on the other hand some people aren't as attentive as the other staff members. The dinning room is very pretty. I feel like the food has great potential, but only sometimes my grandmother complained of the food being cold, other than that she loves it.

Costs for The Arbors at Bohemia

Photos of The Arbors at Bohemia

Services and Amenities of The Arbors at Bohemia

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $3700

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: 700 F 913

About The Arbors at Bohemia

The Arbors Assisted Living Community at Bohemia is more than a retirement community or an apartment complex for active adults. The Arbors senior communities are a place where our loved ones can enjoy life to the fullest. The Arbors Assisted Living offers a nurturing and caring adult living community where each day brings something new to explore.

The Arbors is located a short distance from Long Island’s world-class South Shore beaches. Easily accessible from nearly anywhere on the island, The Arbors Bohemia is convenient for visiting family and friends while offering an extensive choice of area restaurants, shopping, banking and other destinations. Two of the region’s most prominent cultural venues – the Gateway Playhouse (Long Island’s only professional musical theater) and the Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, which showcase a wide array of captivating performances in virtually all areas of live theater production.

The Arbors Assisted Living Community at Bohemia provides an all-inclusive nurturing, supportive, and active environment that fosters independence yet offers assistance when needed.

Services & Amenities Included In Your Monthly Fee:
  • Three Delicious, Chef Prepared Meals Served Restaurant-Style Daily
  • Bistro Open 24 Hours
  • Private Dining
  • 24 Hour Reception
  • Senior-Focused Social, Recreational, Educational, Cultural, and Intergenerational Activities
  • Media Room, Computer Center, Library, On Site Beauty Salon (Minimal Fee)
  • Scheduled Transportation to Nearby Shops, Theaters, Scenic Outings, and So Much More

Our beautiful, one-level community is located in residential Bohemia on 8 acres of woodland.

Map of The Arbors at Bohemia