40 Assisted Living Facilities near East Northport, NY
Also serving communities of Northport.
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Northport area, with 4 in East Northport and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in East Northport is $4,197 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Nesconset with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 319 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Northport. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Northport 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Huntington Station with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Northport, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in East Northport, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Northport
East Northport is a hamlet on Long Island that's home to around 20,000 people. There are 38 assisted living facilities, or residences, in the hamlet and surrounding communities that cater to people aged 65 and older, almost 16 percent of the population.
Regulated by the New York State Department of Health, there are three types of Adult Care Facilities (ACF); facilities can become an Assisted Living Residence (ALR) with additional licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Northport
- Suffolk Transit provides public transportation in East Northport. Seniors aged 60 and older are eligible for reduced fares on the service. Some seniors may be able to access Suffolk County Accessible Transportation, which provides a curb-to-curb service to people unable to use the regular service.
- Suffolk County, including East Northport, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The East Northport area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Huntington Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In East Northport, the low temperature in January averages 25 degrees and the hamlet gets 26 inches of snow each year. Some seniors may find the cold keeps them inside more than they'd prefer over winter. However, there are 203 sunny days each year, two fewer than the national average, so seniors still have the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine.
- East Northport's overall crime rate is 10 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is lower than average for communities of a similar size in the U.S. The violent crime rate is just 0.39, more than three points lower than the state average. Property crime is also low, which may help seniors feel safe in their assisted living community.
- The Sperling index rates East Northport's cost of living at 150, 50 points higher than the national average. The high cost of everyday expenses, including groceries, utilities and transportation can impact the budget of seniors on a fixed income, although healthcare costs are one point lower than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Northport
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in East Northport start around $4,197 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Northport and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Northport
The Optional State Supplement (OSS) offers financial assistance to seniors who receive income from Social Security. The Assisted Living Program (ALP) also helps fund care for people in assisted living in New York, although it's only available to a limited number of people.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Northport
East Northport and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Northport, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Northport
East Northport-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near East Northport, NY
Other Options in East Northport, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Northport
Review of The Bristal Assisted Living at East Northport
The Staff is extremely helpful, kind and conscientious. Read more
Review of Birchwood Suites
My aunt is a resident at Birchwood Suites. Its a very warm caring place. Very charming, clean and they take great care of her. They treat her like their family! The rooms are beautiful and ... Read more
Review of Birchwood Suites
My sister decided to stay home, but I went to Birchwood Suites. It looked like a nice residence, but the rooms were very small. The staff was wonderful, and very nice. However, they had very low co... Read more