15 Assisted Living Facilities near West Babylon, NY
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Babylon area, with 2 in West Babylon and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Babylon is $6,669 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 132 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Babylon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Babylon 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bay Shore with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Babylon, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in West Babylon, NY
13 Assisted Living Facilities near West Babylon, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Babylon
West Babylon is the largest hamlet in the Town of Babylon, located in the southern part of Long Island. Today, around 43,000 people make their homes here, and 15 percent of residents are 65 or older. There are two assisted living facilities in West Babylon offering accommodation to the senior population and another 12 in nearby communities like Amityville and Huntington Station.
The New York State Department of Health regulates three types of Adult Care Facilities (ACF), and these facilities may receive additional licensing to become an Assisted Living Residence (ALR).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Babylon
- Suffolk County, including West Babylon, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Suffolk Transit provides public transportation to West Babylon. Seniors travel at a heavily discounted price, and may also be able to use the Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) Service which provides curb to curb and origin to destination services to eligible riders.
- Senior art lovers in West Babylon have access to Long Island's wide range of arts and culture attractions. Some assisted living facilities may take residents on group trips to see a show or visit one of Suffolk County's many art galleries.
- The Long Island area, including West Babylon, is home to world-class medical facilities, including Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The crime rate in West Babylon is on par with the national averages, and it is safer than 51 percent of other communities in the United States. Compared to New York state averages West Babylon is significantly safer, with the violent crime rate less than a third of the state average, which is good for safety-conscious seniors.
- The cost of living in West Babylon is 32 percent higher than the national average. Although the cost of health care is close to the U.S. average, seniors may find their budgets impacted by expensive grocery and transportation costs.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Babylon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in West Babylon start around $6,669 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Babylon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Babylon
New York's Assisted Living Program (ALP) offers financial assistance to eligible seniors in assisted living facilities, although the assistance available is limited. Seniors who receive Social Security Income may also be able to receive additional funding through the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Babylon
West Babylon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Babylon, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Babylon
West Babylon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near West Babylon, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Babylon
Review of Sunrise of West Babylon
Sunrise of West Babylon is a very beautiful place, but too expensive. It was gorgeous. The people were very nice; they were fantastic. The place was clean. If I could afford it for my mom, I would ... Read more
Review of The Bristal at West Babylon
I have made so many amazing friends who have become like family to me! The staff is some of the best around! They are so kind, warm, and always willing to help you no matter the situation! We are a... Read more
Review of The Bristal at West Babylon
I have made lifelong friends here at The Bristal at West Babylon! I was so concerned at first about living here and adjusting to the change. But I realized I had nothing to be concerned about at al... Read more