15 Assisted Living Facilities near Midland, MI
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Midland area, with 11 in Midland and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Midland is $3,633 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 59 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Midland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Midland 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Auburn with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Midland find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Midland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Midland, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Midland
The 44 assisted living facilities located in and around Midland, Michigan are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services. The state defines these facilities as those that have 25 or more residents aged 55 or older. An ALF in Midland costs an average of $4,750 per month which is substantially higher than the state median cost of $3,500 and the national average of $3,750 per month.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Midland
- Located in central Michigan, Midland is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 29 degrees Fahrenheit and 82 degrees Fahrenheit in July, both of which can be uncomfortable for seniors.
- Midland has an array of community resources for seniors, including meals, wellness classes, handyman services and discounted transportation offered by the City of Midland, as well as three senior centers.
- Crime is not quite the problem in Midland as it is in many other parts of Michigan. The overall crime rate in Midland has decreased by five percent in recent years, and is 53 percent lower than the national average, making Midland safer than 73 percent of U.S. cities.
- The Midland, Michigan area is home to world-class medical facilities including MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While there is no public bus service in Midland, Dial-a-Ride and Michigan Transportation Services provides on-demand transportation throughout Midland (with advance notice) to seniors for non-emergency medical needs.
- There are many fun and interesting things to do in and around Midland. These include Dow Gardens, the Alden Dow Home and Studio and the Chippewa Nature Center. Most Midland events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Midland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Midland start around $3,633 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Midland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Midland
Midland, Michigan seniors who meet the eligibility requirements will find a number of state and federal government programs that offer financial assistance to help with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include Medicaid State Plan, MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Midland
Midland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Midland, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Midland
Midland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Midland, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Midland
Review of Bickford of Midland
Everything went well during our tour of Bickford of Midland Assisted Living and Memory Care. It was a beautiful place, everything was top-notch. The person who gave the tour was very helpful, very ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Midland (MI)
My mom has moved into Brookdale Midland. We have chosen this one because when we walked in, it was peaceful, it was quiet, and there were not a lot of people moaning, groaning, and yelling. It was ... Read more
Review of Bickford of Midland
Bickford is like no other place. Our mother was a long time resident and the staff took phenomenal care of her and her cat. We have not one bad thing to say. The Director picks amazing staff, and t... Read more