Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

May 30, 2012

By Buffy1

When my father had an extended hospital stay for COPD, that left him very weak, he needed an inpatient rehabilitation facility to help him get strong enough to be able to go home again. He stayed for five weeks at Stratford and was able to eventually return home. We had visited three area facilities before making our choice, and really liked Stratford Village Nursing Home, so we chose to place my father in that facility.My mother and I ate several meals there with my father, and the food was very good. The staff was friendly, even when my father got agitated and lashed out with some harsh words at times. Their response time, when my father pushed his call light, was rather slow (roughly 10 to 12 minutes each time), and the doctor was only there once a week, and doctors took turns, so the times when the doctor would be there varied, which made it very difficult to talk to the doctor if you had a question or problem, because you never knew when they would be there.Also, the doctors and the six residents took turns providing care at Stratford, so each one would have to have each patient repeat their history when they would see them on their week, because it was a different doctor almost every week, so the continuity of care was broken. I found it odd that any patient in the clinic or hospital affiliated with this nursing home would have both the resident and their supervising physician caring for the patient; whereas, at the nursing home, the resident physicians were allowed to see the patients without the supervising physician present, making one think that the nursing home patients are not as important as other patients.The staff did not bathe my father very often, and we had to request that they bathe him at least twice a week, after we found out that he had gone two weeks without a bath. The physical therapists were really good. They did a nice job in working with him and getting him strong enough to go back home to be with his family. My father did not like the fact that the social worker at the nursing home would hold meetings with him every other week and kept telling him he was depressed, when he was really just sad that he could not be home with his family. My father's mental capacity was fine, and he did fine on the all the tests for depression they would have him fill out, but the social worker still kept telling him she thought he was depressed.All in all, I still think Stratford Village was the best of the three facilities we toured and that we made the correct choice in placing him there. They did achieve the goal of getting him back home to be with our family, where he was able to stay for five more weeks until he passed away. We think the care my father received there was good care, and, we recommended it to my uncle, who is there now.

Services and Amenities of Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Midland, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Stratford Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center