15 Assisted Living Facilities near Saginaw, MI
Also serving communities of Bridgeport, Saint Charles.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saginaw area, with 12 in Saginaw and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saginaw is $3,347 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 91 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saginaw. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saginaw 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Frankenmuth with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Saginaw find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saginaw, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saginaw, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saginaw
Saginaw is located in Central Michigan and features 10,000 acre wildlife preserve called "The Flats." During the day, seniors can walk through the preserve, observing animals and plants, and in the evening be entertained by a show at the Temple Theatre after dinner in one of the area restaurants.
The 63 assisted living facilities in Saginaw, Michigan, are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services. Such facilities are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents, aged 55 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saginaw
- Saginaw, Michigan, located in central Michigan along the Detroit River, experiences all four seasons. The average high temperature in January is 29 degrees Fahrenheit and 83 degrees in July.
- Saginaw offers a number of community services, including the Saginaw Commission on Aging, an organization that provides meals on wheels, exercise programs, free cell phones and senior bus transportation, as well as three senior centers.
- Although the crime rate in Saginaw has decreased by seven percent in recent years, crime, especially theft and property crime, continues to be a major problem. The city's crime rate is 18 percent higher than the national average, making Saginaw safer than just eight percent of U.S. cities.
- The Saginaw area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Mary's of Michigan and Covenant Health Care, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- It's easy to get around Saginaw. The city is located directly on I-75 and I-675. In addition, the Saginaw Transit Authority Regional Services (STARS) provides regularly scheduled bus service throughout Saginaw and the surrounding area. For those seniors with difficulty walking, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations.
- There are a myriad of cultural events and activities in and around Saginaw. These include the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum, the Castle Museum and the Japanese Cultural Center. Senior discounts are offered at most Saginaw events and attractions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saginaw
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Saginaw start around $3,347 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saginaw and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saginaw
Several state and federal programs are available to help eligible Saginaw seniors with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include the Medicaid State Plan, MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saginaw
Saginaw and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saginaw, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saginaw
Saginaw-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Saginaw, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saginaw
Review of Bickford of Saginaw
I toured Bickford of Saginaw for my relative. The staff were wonderful, knowledgeable, patient, and very thorough. The place was well organized and clean. Read more
Review of Community Village
My wife is in the Community Village. They have activities, and the staff are very friendly and very cooperative. They are very concerned, and I am very pleased with them. I haven't seen the activit... Read more
Review of New Hope Valley
My grandma was a resident at this community until she passed in March. She went from being at home very depressed after my grandpa died to partaking in activities and getting her spunk back after m... Read more