Bickford of Midland

Reviews of Bickford of Midland

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Midland

January 14, 2021

By Julie

My dad is at Bickford Midland. When I got some information about the cost at Bickford, it was a little misleading, because when we went there they charged a lot of extra fees that aren't actually included in the initial quote price that was given to us. That's part of the reason why we're gonna be moving him. He'll be leaving from Bickford. Everything was good, I don't have any complaints for the quality, it is just the cost, it's more than we had initially thought. They charge extra for care every day, $50 extra for care, for the TV, or if they need to have a monitor on their ankles so their alarm goes off if they try to get by the door. There's just a lot of extra fees that were not included in their initial price. Everything seems to be fine with food, activities, the room; everything is good. It seems safe.

December 22, 2020

By Elizabeth

Bickford of Midland was very nice and upscale, the people were friendly, and they had a schedule of activities. There's a nice homey feel to it. It was just out of my parents' price range, and my dad wasn't ready to make the jump then. They could be in assisted living together, and then just down the hall, if mom needed to go to memory care, that would be in the same building. We liked the facility, but my parents didn't like the room because it was so small. It was like going from a house to a room with a bathroom, a shower, and a mini kitchen. It was almost like a studio apartment. They were very nice, friendly and answered all my questions. I just saw the activities lady, the admissions lady and the dining room staff, and they all seemed really nice and seemed to be taking care of people well. They gave me muffins to take home to my parents and a basket of flowers. The facility was pretty new and seemed well maintained.

May 30, 2019

By Liz

Bickford of Midland was a friendly, very homey, and nice facility. I thought the people were very well-cared for, they gave me a basket of flowers to take to my parents, and that was nice. The only downside was it was a little pricey and higher than I thought. They showed me a couple different floor plans. You could take a pet, and one lady had a little dog. The apartments were a little small, but they had privacy, and they could lock the doors if they wanted to. Everything was on the same level and in the same building, so that was a nice touch. They had a schedule of activities, like a guy from the Red Cross who’s going give a seminar, musical people came in, and transportation. They had a room that was multi-purpose where they do chair exercises. My mom may need memory care going down the road, and they have memory care in the same building which was nice.

August 20, 2018

By Dorothy

The rooms at Bickford of Midland were fancy, and I would consider them upscale. It's a beautiful community. When I was there they had a piano player and everyone was singing along. They have a game room with puzzles, card games, and other games like chess or checkers. They can also take out those things to another room if they want to play quietly with a smaller group. The staff member I met was a marvelous young lady who took me on a great tour. It looks like they have an awesome memory care program and area, so that was very nice. The dining area is restaurant style where there are a couple options every day so people can pick and choose, like a la carte. The director also called me several times to make contact. They also have a protective courtyard so people can go out of there freely, and it's all the way enclosed. They can do gardening, or take out their pets since this place allows pets.

June 06, 2017

By a-visitor447368

Bickford of Midland was very a very nice place. The only thing that I did not care for was I felt their rooms were too confining, and the activities that they had were sufficient but not of my interest. I need something a little more than Bingo and some other things. I think even the lady who we talked to and showed us around honestly felt that they do not really have to offer what I was more interested in after discussing interests and so forth.

March 30, 2017

By Shirley164423

My bestfriend is living in Bickford of Midland. For me, the rooms are too small, but my girlfriend and her husband are happy there. They seem to keep them busy. The people are very nice. I think Bickford is a very nice community. They have books that residents could read, and they have puzzles. They also have an exercise room. The staff is very friendly and very nice. They treat me very well. They call me by my first name when I go in and visit there. I like the staff; they're very nice.

November 24, 2016

By Debbie620385

Bickford of Midland was very nice and very home-like, and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were on the smaller side but very nice. The place was very clean without any odors, which is really nice. They sent me home a little pot with some homemade breads that were delicious. They seemed to be receptive to adapting their meal plans to the residents' needs. They had daily activities, and on Sundays, they had a non-denominational Church service. They had a calendar of events up on the wall. They had laundry services or the residents could do their own laundry if they wanted to. Their price seemed pretty reasonable.

October 01, 2016

By GladwechoseBickford

My mother has been a resident for several years, at first in the general memory/assisted living area and now in the more specialized memory care section. Excellent administration has been in place for 2 years. Staffing is stabilized and well-trained CNAs are caring and able. An RN is on duty daily, and can be reached off-hours as well. It feels like home to my mother, and I am grateful for the high quality of care and lovely surroundings, but especially for the personal attention she receives from so many good people.

December 09, 2013

By kmv10305

Staff: Aides are kind and respectful, but over worked. Appears to be a lot of turn-over with the staff. Positives: Facility is clean and nicely decorated. Negatives: Facility appears to have no contingency plans when cook or nurse is gone. Meals are good to mediocre and aide staff is expected to provide the meals when cooks are not there. Concerns are addressed in what I would consider a very "canned response." Unfortunately, since Midland is a small town the choice of assisted living is limited. therefore, I believe there is no real competition to make this a first class facility. I would like to see the corporations pay for activities for the residents. Most activities are from volunteers, so they aren't very interesting. I wish we had other solutions for caring for my parent.

November 28, 2013

By dupuisloucrl

Bickford was smaller and much pricey. The apartments were small and I believed all they had were studio apartments. However, the people working there were nice. They had activities and it was close to home.

May 11, 2013

By Melody3

My mom stayed for about a month at Bickford of Midland. It was good but not excellent. We did not feel confident with the care that she got. And the communication with the family was not good compared to the other facility.

August 03, 2012

By annszer1

Other

My Father lived at Bickford Cottage in Midland Michigan and they treated him with love respect and friendship. The staff was always kind and caring and was more like family then staff and made the end of his life easier and more peaceful. Thank you!

Memory Care Reviews for Bickford of Midland

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: AH560278460

About Bickford of Midland

Bickford of Midland is a premier assisted living and memory care community. They offer the fullest expression of assistance with an intimate understanding of their residents. They know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones, so they strive to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story. At Bickford of Midland, they don't ask residents to give up their home or memories. Instead, they want them to bring the pieces of the home they love into their assisted living and memory care community and make it their own.

Map of Bickford of Midland