18 Assisted Living Facilities near Brighton, MI
Also serving communities of Pinckney.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brighton area, with 7 in Brighton and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brighton is $3,025 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 108 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brighton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brighton 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include South Lyon with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Brighton find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brighton, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Brighton, MI
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Brighton, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brighton
Brighton is a suburb of Metro Detroit, located in Livingston County. Downtown Brighton features restaurants, farmers markets, outdoor art exhibits, and walking paths for seniors to enjoy. There are also 57 assisted living facilities located in and around Brighton to support its large senior population of over 20 percent. These facilities provide 24 hour supervision, personal care assistance and medication management for those who can no longer manage these tasks on their own. All facilities in Brighton are are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brighton
- Located in southeast Michigan west of Detroit, Brighton is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 30 degrees Fahrenheit and 82 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Brighton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Livingston County Senior Nutrition Program "Meals on Wheels", an organization that provides meals for home-bound seniors, as well as a senior center.
- Crime is lower in Brighton than it is in many other parts of Michigan. The overall crime rate in Brighton has decreased 13 percent in recent years and is 36 percent lower than the national average.
- The Brighton, Michigan area is home to world-class medical facilities including St. Joseph Mercy Brighton Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While there is no public bus service in Brighton, Michigan Transportation Services provides on-demand transportation throughout Brighton for non-emergency medical needs.
- There are many fun and interesting things to do in and around Brighton. These include the Lingenfelter Collection of vintage automobiles, St. George Shrine and Island Lake State Recreation Area. Most Brighton events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brighton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Brighton start around $3,025 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brighton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brighton
Brighton, Michigan seniors who meet the eligibility requirements will find a number of state and federal government programs that offer financial assistance to help with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include Medicaid State Plan , MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brighton
Brighton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brighton, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brighton
Brighton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brighton, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brighton
Review of Caretel Inns of Brighton
My father stayed at Caretel Brighton for rehab after his spinal surgery. We were very happy with the care provided by physical, occupational and speech therapy as well as the nursing staff. The few... Read more
Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley
Staff are very concerned about the residents' wellbeing. All are very friendly, caring, and professional Read more
Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley
I like the outside appearance of the building as you drive up. The grounds are kept up well. The inside of the building is clean and always decorated for the appropriate season or holiday. The resi... Read more