19 Assisted Living Facilities near Brighton, MI
Also serving communities of Pinckney.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brighton area, with 5 in Brighton and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brighton is $4,400 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include South Lyon with an average starting cost of $4,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 92 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brighton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brighton 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include South Lyon with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brighton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brighton, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brighton
Brighton is a suburb of Metro Detroit, located in Livingston County. Downtown Brighton features restaurants, farmers markets, outdoor art exhibits, and walking paths for seniors to enjoy. There are also 57 assisted living facilities located in and around Brighton to support its large senior population of over 20 percent. These facilities provide 24 hour supervision, personal care assistance and medication management for those who can no longer manage these tasks on their own. All facilities in Brighton are are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brighton
- Located in southeast Michigan west of Detroit, Brighton is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 30 degrees Fahrenheit and 82 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Brighton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Livingston County Senior Nutrition Program "Meals on Wheels", an organization that provides meals for home-bound seniors, as well as a senior center.
- Crime is lower in Brighton than it is in many other parts of Michigan. The overall crime rate in Brighton has decreased 13 percent in recent years and is 36 percent lower than the national average.
- The Brighton, Michigan area is home to world-class medical facilities including St. Joseph Mercy Brighton Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While there is no public bus service in Brighton, Michigan Transportation Services provides on-demand transportation throughout Brighton for non-emergency medical needs.
- There are many fun and interesting things to do in and around Brighton. These include the Lingenfelter Collection of vintage automobiles, St. George Shrine and Island Lake State Recreation Area. Most Brighton events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brighton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Brighton start around $4,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brighton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brighton
Brighton, Michigan seniors who meet the eligibility requirements will find a number of state and federal government programs that offer financial assistance to help with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include Medicaid State Plan , MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brighton
Brighton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brighton, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brighton
Brighton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brighton, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brighton
Review of Woodland Village
I did a tour of Woodland Village, and that one I did not like at all. The place is outdated, and it needs a lot of capital to be invested in there to make it look nice. It's just it's a very low-en... Read more
Review of Woodland Village
I like Woodland Village. The person who gave us the tour was very nice. It was nice. They're renovating it, so there was a lot of construction going on while we were going through it. They're updat... Read more
Review of Caretel Inns of Brighton
My mom has been living in the Caretel Inns of Brighton. She's in the assisted living but they care for her like a nursing home. They chop up her food and give her baths. I was surprised how caring ... Read more