11 Assisted Living Facilities near Floyds Knobs, IN
Also serving communities of Georgetown.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Floyds Knobs area, with 1 in Floyds Knobs and 10 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Floyds Knobs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Floyds Knobs 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Floyds Knobs, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Floyds Knobs, IN
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Floyds Knobs, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Floyds Knobs
Floyds Knobs is a small, unincorporated Indiana community on the outskirts of Louisville, Kentucky. Seniors here experience quiet, small-town living while just a few miles from the convenience and amenities of the city. There is only one assisted living facility within Floyds Knobs but seniors have 25 additional options in nearby areas from which to choose if they are no longer independent. In Floyds Knobs, and all of Indiana, assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities, and they are licensed through the Indiana State Board of Health Facility Administrators.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Floyds Knobs
- Seniors who prefer warmer weather may not be happy in Floyds Knobs' cooler climate. Average temperatures range from July highs of 86 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows of 23 degrees Fahrenheit. Despite an annual rain average of 46 inches, the area only sees around nine inches of snow each year.
- Seniors can feel safe knowing that Floyds Knobs is safer than 68 percent of United States cities. All crime rate types are below the national average with chances of violent crime being 1 in 1140.
- The cost of living in Floyds Knobs is just 4.7 percent over the national average with the highest expenses in housing and transportation. Seniors will see savings in groceries and health care costs.
- The Floyds Knobs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Indiana is not known as a tax friendly state for seniors. The state does not tax social security benefits but retirement accounts and pensions are taxed at the normal rate.
- For seniors with sensitivity to air quality issues, it's important to note that Floyd County received an F rating for high ozone days by the American Lung Association. High particle pollution days in the area was given a B grade.
Paying for Assisted Living in Floyds Knobs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Floyds Knobs start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Floyds Knobs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Floyds Knobs
Seniors who need financial help to afford assisted living costs can take advantage of the Indiana Medicaid's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver, the Consumer-Directed Attendant Care (CDAC) program/Aged and Disabled waiver. It provides aid for a variety of services to eligible seniors in need of assisted care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Floyds Knobs
Floyds Knobs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Floyds Knobs, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Floyds Knobs
Floyds Knobs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Floyds Knobs, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Floyds Knobs
Review of Azalea Hills
The dining area at Azalea Hills was excellent and clean. They had bingo and everything else. The rooms were big and clean. The people were very good, friendly, and helpful. Read more
Review of Azalea Hills
I visited Azalea Hills. There are several things that we like about this place. We immediately like the people that were in the office area. They were very congenial. Also we like the option that t... Read more