Copper Heights

Reviews of Copper Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Copper Heights

July 18, 2011

By leezee

Definitely reminds you of an apartment complex rather than an assisted living facility. Nicely landscaped with giant queen palms, grass, paved walk ways (with grab rails) and a pretty walkway leading up to the main, covered entrance. They offer both private and shared rooms. My mother, who is seventy and has suffered from some medical issues, is still basically a very independent person but wants to feel secure in an environment where both her freedom is available as is any assistance she might need. We visited Copper Heights together and she talked out loud about the entrance way, the grounds, etc. She said to me more than once, this is nice. Oh, I like that (motioning to a bevy of palms and flowers). We didn't set an appointment. We just tried one of those walk in arrangements, which I kind of prefer. I think it gives a more honest impression because nobody is prepared for your arrival. On entering we noticed right away a resident in a wheelchair. She wasn't alone, a staff member was with her and something the staff member was saying caused the woman to laugh. She even gripped her stomach and we overheard her say: stop it! In the best possible way. That is a great thing to see as soon as you walk in the door to a place that is unfamiliar. We weren't immediately greeted by staff so my mom suggested we just ""go with the flow"" and walk around, which we did. Everywhere we went we noticed activity. In one outdoor area we spotted park benches. I'm not sure if I'm labeling them correctly, but they're benches with a table in between. At several of them were groups of people, mostly men, working on something. We didn't get close enough to see what it was they were up to but my mom thought it was funny. ""Oh,"" she said, ""Perhaps its a man's world after all!"" Add in a New York accent and you'll know how she said it. After walking about for awhile we were approached by a staff person who asked if we needed any assistance and if there was something she could do. I believe she began by saying: Hi. I'm Anne, are you lost? We told her we were checking out different places in the area and she instantly began giving us a grander tour. She was cool with the fact we'd already pretty much walked through the place, just asked if we'd sign a guest card and gave us a couple of brochures. My mother and I both liked the idea that ALL utilities are included, even cable. Normally that's a personal preference, and though my mom doesn't watch a lot of television, having the option in her own room was pretty nice. The Library was nice! Tons of books and my mother really appreciated the Chapel. I won't spout her religious preference here, but it was a nice area suited to fit many beliefs. A nice game room, an obvious agenda of events, which was nice too and 24 hour transportation. The gist of the place, I personally got, was that it is a simple home that easily accustoms to each individual. Very social from what we saw on a spur of the moment visit.

Services and Amenities of Copper Heights

• Payment Options Extra: Unkown

• Licenses: AL6603C
  • State Licenses: AL6603C

About Copper Heights

Copper Heights is a senior living provider in Mesa, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Copper Heights for more details on services and rates.

Map of Copper Heights