Heritage Green of Hanover

Reviews of Heritage Green of Hanover

Assisted Living Reviews for Heritage Green of Hanover

February 17, 2016

By snowball23

I seem to have had a different experience than the other reviewers on here. My mother was a resident here for almost 2 years. The majority of the nursing staff was excellent. The activities director was superb. I mostly had problems with the management. I very rarely got a return phone call when I had a question or needed help for some reason. That is the reason I pulled her out and brought her home. Even now, after 2 mos., I have been trying to get her wheelchair back. I have called 5 times with no return calls. I even had the serial # and make and model of the wheelchair. Nothing from anyone there. Anyway, the rooms were fine, a little small for 2 people, but great for one person.The weekdays went well, but weekends were mostly quiet and the housekeeping was not good.. You have to hunt down washcloths, towels and toilet paper. The food was average, but palatable. I simply got too frustrated with the way that management constantly put you on the back burner.

Your experience is so atypical for Heritage Green! The Executive Director’s office is right inside the front door and she is famous for popping out of her chair to say “hello” to visitors and family members. It is incredibly unfortunate that that after both ‘excellent’ nursing care and ‘superb’ activities employees, you’ve had a negative experience with communication. Please reach out to the Executive Director ~ directly. I know that she will be eager to get this situation resolved.

December 17, 2014

By CarolW2006

My husband is a resident in the memory care unit. From the day I toured the facility I knew this was THE place- it was clean, all the staff were friendly and caring. I have not been disappointed. They have given him excellent compassionate care around the clock. They are always looking for ways to help him. What a blessing!

May 25, 2012

By MaryBT

My mother recently passed at age 85 after a long struggle with Alzheimer's. During her time at this facility she was given quality care, individual attention and most of all heart-felt love and compassion from the nursing staff, management and healthcare assistants. Hospice care was equally excellent and compassionate. Thanks to Heritage Green for taking such good care of her - we are at peace knowing and witnessing first-hand the love and care she received.

Questions about Heritage Green of Hanover

What safety features or security measures does Heritage Green of Hanover offer to assisted living residents?

The building has a state of the art fire alarm system which will automatically summons the local fire and police departments. A call bell system in each assisted living apartment will immediately summon one of the care staff who are in the building 24/7.

What safety features or security measures does Heritage Green of Hanover provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care environment is a secured area where residents can move freely and safely.

Describe the neighborhood around Heritage Green of Hanover. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

HG is located in a residential area of Mechanicsville. A Skilled rehab( not affiliated with us) is located just across the street from us.

Is Heritage Green of Hanover affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes. Memorial Regional is located just minutes from Heritage Green.

Costs for Heritage Green of Hanover

• Pharma

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8 To 1
  • Minimum Age: None

About Heritage Green of Hanover

At Heritage Green we make it simple! There are no lifetime deposits, no long term leases. Peace of mind comes to our residents at affordable rates. A comfortable room, three delicious meals daily, 24 hour personal care assistance, weekly housekeeping and laundry services, medication administration as well as therapeutic, recreational and social activities are included for both Assisted Living and Memory care.

Map of Heritage Green of Hanover