Heritage Green of Hanover

Reviews of Heritage Green of Hanover

Assisted Living Reviews for Heritage Green of Hanover

December 05, 2020

By ReviewerRC#1031

The Heritage Green Senior living is close to where me and my daughter live and they seem to be pretty good. They're doing what they need to do, so we're kinda OK with that. The staff members have been great so far. We got her a private room; it's pretty nice. She broke her hip, so she's not able to walk right now, so she's not able to do any activities at the moment. Food seems to be great. She can only eat so much, but she's doing OK. They really work at this one. They've been calling and talking to my daughter and saying like everything's OK. We're getting more from what we're paying for.

November 25, 2020

By L.P.

I went to Heritage Green of Hanover. My experience was fine, the lady was very nice, she took us all over the facility, she was very accommodating, and she continues to contact me periodically with special programs that they have going on, but it's way out of the price range that my father could afford. The facility is nice, it looks like they take good care of the people, and I was impressed with it. The rooms were more like studios, they're really small, and most have two people in them. The day I was there, they had a singer in, and they were all out in their common area listening to a singer. I did see the dining area, and a common area room that they have.

June 09, 2020

By Bruce Jones

We looked for an assisted living facility for our Mom, who needed some extra care now that she is in her 90's. Found Heritage Green in Mechanicsville, and from the very first meeting knew this would be the perfect place. Everyone and I mean everyone has been so nice, so caring and helpful not just to our Mom, but to every resident there. She has a cute shared room, that we were able to decorate like she wants. They have many activities games, puzzles, sing alongs, and a favorite happy hour on Fridays, and outings for them. The facility is beautiful, and so clean, and they have been very careful with the Covid-19 outbreak in protecting the residents. The food is delicious, and I like how you can have lunch with your family member. I like that it is not one of those huge places, this is a smaller facility and they can spend more time with each resident, and even have on site PT and OT. Well worth the time to check out Heritage Green, if you are in need of assisted living for your loved one, I don't think you can find a better one in the area.

May 08, 2020

By Bonnie K

Dad has been living at Heritage Gren since August of 2019. He moved here from rehab having to use a wheelchair and the therapists had him back on his feet with his walker within the month! All of hte staff are wonderful - everyone is so friendly and caring. During this health crisis HG has done a great job keeping the residents safe and providing ways for families to stay in touch, even though we cannot visit in person. I am very grateful to everyone at Heritage Green and highly recommend this facility.

May 07, 2020

By Sabena Moretz

My parents lived at HG for a little over a year and the staff there took very good care of them. While my dad was reticent at first (they went because of my mom's decline in health), he quickly became a huge fan. They worked to accommodate their individual needs and preferences. The therapists are awesome, and the staff makes you feel like you've left your loved ones with others in your family. There is a lot of love and care in the building. I recommend HG very highly.

November 02, 2019

By happycamper.pm

My parents live at Heritage Green right now. We visited a number or places before we settled there. They are not watched over by paid staff - they are CARED for by loving people who enjoy and respect them. There is always something going on - I got to watch an interesting presentation about the history of rock and roll with Mama - really fun! I love the indoor birds!

October 05, 2019

By Gloria

I visited Heritage Green of Hanover, but I didn't get to look in one of the rooms. It was a general tour, just walking around and seeing the recreation areas, but for some reason, the guy doing the tour didn't have a key to show me an actual room. The living atmosphere was very nice. They had entertainment going on. It seemed like a very pleasant atmosphere; I was impressed with it. The staff was very courteous and knowledgeable, but for some reason he can't locate the key. I really wanted to see what a room looks like inside because that would help me make a decision, so that was disappointing. The dining area looked clean, and it had a nice pleasant atmosphere. It was above OK. The community was very nice.

Hello! Thank you so much for coming and visiting Heritage Green. I'm really sorry that you weren't able to see one of our resident apartments. I hope that you'll come back when someone from our Marketing Department is working so you can the different room types. We have One Bedroom, Studio, and Companion apartments.

November 01, 2018

By Judy

Previously having two brothers-in-law who passed away and a sister currently at Heritage Green, I am so pleased with the care given. I rate it excellent. The staff is caring and compassionate. The food selection and quality is excellent. The activities are varied, interesting, and fun for the residents. The medical care seems to be professional, caring, and appropriate for the residents.

October 18, 2018

By Niacevets

My mother is 90 and has been at Heritage Green for 10 months. Originally had her own room, but now is preparing to move into a suite with a new friend. The facility is in excellent condition and the staff are uniformly cheerful, knowledgeable, understanding, energetic and honest. There are daily, interesting, well attended activities and the food is plentiful and tasty. Could not be happier with the place!

March 20, 2018

By Ed

I am so thankful we chose Heritage Green. Great management, that actually cares! Awesome team of caregivers. Heritage Green is not the only choice you will have, but it will be the BEST choice you could make.

August 23, 2017

By Victor

My wife, Betty, receives fine care. She cannot walk and is assisted in moving from her reclining chair to her wheelchair. Staff helps her to dress, go to the toilet, move around, etc.

May 12, 2016

By DorothyJIUHG

The staff at Heritage Green of Hanover is very friendly, and the location is convenient for me. They have daily exercises, and their interactions are good. They serve three meals and snacks a day. My aunt sees the resident doctor at the place, and the staff seems to care about her.

April 06, 2016

By Dorothy122698050

My aunt is in Heritage Green. My visit there was pleasant. The people working there are very friendly, and the facilities are nice and accommodating. They have activities. The dining area is only OK because they are in the process of renovating, so they have a temporary dining area.

February 17, 2016

By snowball23

I seem to have had a different experience than the other reviewers on here. My mother was a resident here for almost 2 years. The majority of the nursing staff was excellent. The activities director was superb. I mostly had problems with the management. I very rarely got a return phone call when I had a question or needed help for some reason. That is the reason I pulled her out and brought her home. Even now, after 2 mos., I have been trying to get her wheelchair back. I have called 5 times with no return calls. I even had the serial # and make and model of the wheelchair. Nothing from anyone there. Anyway, the rooms were fine, a little small for 2 people, but great for one person.The weekdays went well, but weekends were mostly quiet and the housekeeping was not good.. You have to hunt down washcloths, towels and toilet paper. The food was average, but palatable. I simply got too frustrated with the way that management constantly put you on the back burner.

Your experience is so atypical for Heritage Green! The Executive Director’s office is right inside the front door and she is famous for popping out of her chair to say “hello” to visitors and family members. It is incredibly unfortunate that that after both ‘excellent’ nursing care and ‘superb’ activities employees, you’ve had a negative experience with communication. Please reach out to the Executive Director ~ directly. I know that she will be eager to get this situation resolved.

December 17, 2014

By CarolW2006

My husband is a resident in the memory care unit. From the day I toured the facility I knew this was THE place- it was clean, all the staff were friendly and caring. I have not been disappointed. They have given him excellent compassionate care around the clock. They are always looking for ways to help him. What a blessing!

Memory Care Reviews for Heritage Green of Hanover

June 26, 2019

By Stephrob9877

The staff at Heritage Green is amazing! After visiting a couple of nearby facilities, we quickly knew Heritage Green was "the one." Dad had Alzheimer's and needed 24-hour care. So we moved him (along with mom, to be by his side) into the Memory Care unit in August 2018. The staff treated dad with love, dignity, and respect while he was a resident for nearly 10 months. Many of the staff members became family to my parents, my sister, and me. If we ever have a question or concern, staff and/or administration is quick to respond by phone or email. While dad has since passed, mom is looking forward to moving to the Assisted Living unit at Heritage Green. There are numerous activities and outing to keep her busy and stimulated. I can't thank the staff enough for taking such wonderful care of my parents.

June 26, 2019

By Virginia A.

I feel very fortunate that my loved one lives at Heritage Green in memory care. He needs help with all aspects of daily living, and the staff provides this help patiently even though it can be challenging. I am especially happy when I visit and find him engaged in an activity with other residents and seemingly enjoying himself and talking and smiling. The memory care area is attractive with colorful murals of bucolic scenes that evoke a feeling of freedom and fresh air, and it has its own patio with rocking chairs, umbrella, flowers, and a path on which we often walk. Sometimes, when we visit, we sit in the commons area near reception and have a treat, such as hot chocolate or a pastry, and enjoy the bistro setting or the comfortable sofas near the fireplace.

June 20, 2019

By Melanie S.

My sister & I had the most difficult decision of having to place both of our parents together in a memory care facility. Through our endeavor to find quality care, we chose Heritage Green. The care our parents have received at HG has been professional, kind & very compassionate! Heritage is a lovely facility that operates smoothly with meals, activities, laundry services etc. and is very clean. I highly recommend Heritage Green! All of the staff is absolutely amazing!! A special thank you to Jemetrice Blakely!! 😁

May 25, 2012

By MaryBT

My mother recently passed at age 85 after a long struggle with Alzheimer's. During her time at this facility she was given quality care, individual attention and most of all heart-felt love and compassion from the nursing staff, management and healthcare assistants. Hospice care was equally excellent and compassionate. Thanks to Heritage Green for taking such good care of her - we are at peace knowing and witnessing first-hand the love and care she received.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Heritage Green of Hanover

What safety features or security measures does Heritage Green of Hanover offer to assisted living residents?

The building has a state of the art fire alarm system which will automatically summons the local fire and police departments. A call bell system in each assisted living apartment will immediately summon one of the care staff who are in the building 24/7.

What safety features or security measures does Heritage Green of Hanover provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care environment is a secured area where residents can move freely and safely.

Describe the neighborhood around Heritage Green of Hanover. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

HG is located in a residential area of Mechanicsville. A Skilled rehab( not affiliated with us) is located just across the street from us.

Is Heritage Green of Hanover affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes. Memorial Regional is located just minutes from Heritage Green.

Costs for Heritage Green of Hanover

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Heritage Green of Hanover

At Heritage Green we make it simple! There are no lifetime deposits, no long term leases. Peace of mind comes to our residents at affordable rates. A comfortable room, three delicious meals daily, 24 hour personal care assistance, weekly housekeeping and laundry services, medication administration as well as therapeutic, recreational and social activities are included for both Assisted Living and Memory care.

Map of Heritage Green of Hanover