The Devonshire

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

2220 Executive Drive, Hampton, VA 23666
The Devonshire (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 17 days

$99 first month rent, waived community fee and $100 off one bedroom apartments!

Reviews of The Devonshire

Assisted Living Reviews for The Devonshire

November 09, 2015

By Barbara115472450

I was impressed with the interaction between the residents and the activities going on at Devonshire. We were given a tour of several different apartments with different arrangements and sizes, and I liked the rooms. Devonshire was older but well-kept, adequate, and modernized. They had a very nice lounge, gazebo, and patio. They allowed us to have a meal, and the food was very good. It was a very well-balanced, hot meal, and we had choices as to what to eat. My relative is happier, socializes more, and enjoys the food. She’s quite pleased with the staff.

August 04, 2011

By ryarboro

The Devonshire, located in Hampton, Virginia, has been the home to my grandmother for the past 10-15 years. Our family is very close one and as a former middle school principal, my grandmother has a lot of pride and wanted to live in a place that would account for her dignity in achieving so much in her life. Her decision to move to an assisted facility came down to concerns from our family about her living in a large two-story house by herself and at the age of 75, the possibility that she could have a fall down some stairs or accident and nobody would be readily available to come to her aid. Like many people in that situation, nursing homes were a possibility at the beginning, but we felt she was capable of doing things on her own...just simply needed a little guidance. I feel The Devonshire has provided that. With activities such as board games, exercise groups and such, the community has much to offer for new residents to become acclimated. My grandmother's room has a couch, large television, comfortable bed and lounge and bath facilities that are more than adequate. The menu options for residents if they prefer are large and account for any residents with illnesses such as diabetes when creating a personal menu day to day. A courtyard gives residents the ability to chat away from their neighbors and in general, the Hampton area has an old-town feel that is welcoming to guests and family members such as myself who come to visit. If someone were looking at The Devonshire for either themselves or a relative, I would highly recommend it. There is a slight issue with overcrowding, but personal attention is not an issue.

Independent Living Reviews for The Devonshire

March 19, 2018

By Nancy

I visited The Devonshire. The apartments were roomy, nice, and convenient. The staff was very nice. They had a nice dining room, and the residents were very friendly. They had activities, but not as many as the others. They had a hair salon, washers and dryers on each floor, and excellent security.

Costs for The Devonshire

Photos of The Devonshire

Services and Amenities of The Devonshire

• Independent Living Starting At: $2060/month

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: Alcoves

• Pets: Yes

About The Devonshire

The Devonshire is a well-maintained and established retirement community offering Independent Living and Assisted Living. We at The Devonshire pride ourselves on our welcoming attitude to all that come through the door. We enjoy giving attention to our residents’ individual needs providing them the esteem and comfort of home. At The Devonshire we believe our hospitality and care is demonstrated not only by our long-term residents of 10+ years, but the commitment and longevity of our staff. We offer a variety of amenities to enrich the lives of our residents.

A few of our highlighted amenities include full size apartments with housekeeping and laundry facilities, 24-hour staffing, emergency system in all units, restaurant style service in dining room, planned actives with transportation, fitness center, beauty salon, library and game room.

Map of The Devonshire