Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor

January 03, 2017

By Karen S.723476

Georgian Manor was an absolutely lovely place. If my mother had the money and was not as physically disabled as she is, then this is where I would want her to go. I had a nice conversation with the director, and they had wonderful activities that I know my mother would have been interested in. They do have a totally separate unit for memory care, which is also very nicely done, and I liked that. It was a really lovely neighborhood. I walked out of there feeling very positive. The problem is that it was a two-story, large place, which with my mother’s limitations would have made it difficult for her. My mother probably needs only assisted living as she could not have managed to get around by herself. It was a beautiful place. The staff was wonderful. All of them came up and introduced themselves to me. I met quite a few of the staff who were very positive and hopeful to see my mom. The overall experience was great. The people were great and the staff was great. I loved the place and the neighborhood it was in. This would have been the place for my mother.

October 29, 2016

By MP712

My parents moved into assisted living at another location in July, 2016. Because mom is in mid-stage Alzheimer's, my parents were forced into the late-stage, lock-down memory care unit. They were miserable. We toured other locations., but Georgian Manor stood out. The brand identity is that of a "community" for seniors in their "sunshine years" (instead of the usual, sterile "facility"). The community is equipped for Aging in Place, which means my parents can enjoy residential/assisted living, together, as long as reasonably possible, during my mom's Alzheimer's journey. The staff is exceptionally qualified in senior care. LPNs provide excellent oversight and management of personalized care plans. Med-Techs are on-site around the clock to administer medications which is a critical need for my parents. Maintenance is genuinely happy to help residents with moving furniture, getting cable/tv up and running, etc. The dining/hospitality is FIRST RATE and provides residents with ability to choose their meals. Menus include nutritious meals/snacks and local fare. There is a monthly activity calendar with a range of activities designed to engage & stimulate across dimensions: Physical, Spiritual, Creative, Music, Field Trips, and Family Nights. I was touched when I received photos/updates of my parents participating in activities. Pricing is comparable to other assisted living communities in Chesapeake with options to meet financial goals. When it's time for mom to move to memory care, she'll experience a differentiated program called "Sweet Memories" focused on artistic/creative engagement with dementia residents. My entire family is beyond impressed with Georgian Manor--I think you will be too.

June 28, 2016

By Kathy288276

Georgian Manor seemed very nicely laid out and had nice activities. The staff member was very friendly and helpful, and she was telling us about the calendar of activites and the things that went on. They had different activities each month, like Mexican month. The dining area was not really big, but the tables were formally set up. The overall layout was what impressed me the most. There was a nice garden area in the middle.

By JackieQEPDF

The staff was amazing at Georgian Manor. It’s a very large, very nice, and well-kept community. I could see everybody who works there loved their job. The food was really great, and they actually grow their own produce. The rooms were very nice but a little bit expensive for us. They had a lot of activities for their residents and a lot of opportunities for the residents’ families to come in and join in their activities.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for visiting our community. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. If there is anything that we can ever do for you, please feel free to contact me at mirlinger@commonwealthal.com or (757) 436-9618. Thank you again! Maria L. Irlinger, LALA, Executive Director at Georgian Manor Assisted Living & Memory Care

By TracyVSBWV

The staff at Georgian Manor was really friendly, and I would move there if I had a chance. The rooms were big and clean. The dining was really nice. I saw some of the activities.

By DorothyJQKWE

I visited Georgian Manor. The people were very nice. It was a beautiful place with lots of light. I liked some of the rooms. We had dinner there, which was very good. They had a variety of games and things to do, and a cute library area where they had snacks and drinks set up, or you could sit there and read or something in a very nice area with a little table and a few seats. They had some drinks like lemonade, water, and tea and different snacks. The staff was wonderful and all very nice.

December 20, 2015

By Dina6

I went to Georgian Manor, and it was very nice, but I wasn’t that impressed, because they had a little, tiny bit of an odor in their locked-down unit. The rooms were smaller. The staff was nice, and everybody I talked to was nice.

August 21, 2015

By gpc

My mother and I are very hard to please. She recently stayed at this facility for seven days to give me a respite and I must say the service and stay were superior. The dining accommodations were great and meals very well prepared. The rooms are large and inviting; and the staff was very caring, supportive, and accommodating. My mother (who didn't want to go) was sad to leave. Without a doubt, I highly recommend this facility.

July 31, 2015

By Phil17

I visited Georgian Manor. I felt like it had a very homey atmosphere. The staff was very friendly. They looked engaged. The rooms were very spacious. There were lots of activities. They have bands that would come in, they would do dancing stuff on the Wii, and they have exercise, just to name a few. I think for its location, the staff, and the room sizes, Georgian Manor would be a place that I feel comfortable having my mother.

February 17, 2015

By Susie13

It was a very comfortable place for my mother.

February 11, 2015

By Caring102033250

I felt like Georgian Manor was the right size and that my husband wouldn’t get lost there as far as locating from where his room is to the dining room and living room area. Right now, they only have maybe 22 patients in the memory care department, and I felt like that was a nice group for my husband. The staff was very friendly, very happy, and caring. I can’t say enough nice things about the staff. They were very helpful to me and made my husband feel like he was very special. It’s a nice big room; he has a dresser, a bed, a TV, and his own bathroom. The food has been very good, my husband has eaten very well, and he is not complaining at all about the food.

January 08, 2015

By Valerie Piltato

After living at another ALF for almost 2 years, we decided to move my grandparents to be closer to us. We chose Georgian Manor and we are so glad that we did. The staff is great and does a much better job at communicating with us that the other place did. My grandparents seem so much happier now and I am impressed with the activities offered by Georgian Manor. Their apartment is very bright and open which also contributes to their better mood.

January 20, 2012

By Oldwisper

The Georgian Manor at Riverwalk was a friendly place and the staff welcomed us seemed to care unlike other place I've seen. The rooms were nice and well kept. As nice as the facility is there planning upgrades to enhance it even more. The staff was prompt to answer any questions we asked and made us feel comfortable. The grounds were well kept and maintained. The location was easy to find and has a very classic look to it. The best part about the whole experience, is knowing that my great grandfather is taken care of from caring staff and I don't have to worry about him. The Georgian Manor allows my family and I to have a peace of mind when it comes to his health and that is in the right hands if any was to happen. I thank everyone a this facility for helping my family and I out. Thanks

Memory Care Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: virginia residential & assisted living

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor, a premier senior living community in Chesapeake that is managed by Commonwealth Assisted Living. Situated in the beautiful and refined River Walk area, our community is located close to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and entertainment. Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It's specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer's or dementia.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor boasts a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. Our commitment to the community was reinforced by a recent renovation that included an elegant dining room and library, among other features. For active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths and their pets are welcome too! Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Georgian Manor is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and weekly housekeeping and linen service.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor further and schedule a tour today.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor