Harmony at Oakbrooke

Reviews of Harmony at Oakbrooke

Assisted Living Reviews for Harmony at Oakbrooke

May 11, 2021

By Andrew

We went to Harmony at Oakbrooke. It was a good tour experience. It was very big and very spacious. The staff was good, super nice, and professional. The facility looked clean and well taken care of. They had a fitness center in there.

Thank you for your 5-star review!

January 18, 2021

By memoo1234

Do not look any further for a forever home for your loved one. I am blown away with Harmony at Oakbrooke. The facility is beautiful on the inside and out. The staff goes above and beyond for my Grandmama. They are very clean and they take high precautions concerning COVID. Her room is always clean. The food is great. They have always throw such fun themed parties for their residents that my Grandmama can never stop talking about. (Such as I love Lucy & Mickey Mouse.) She loves watching her favorite movies in the theater room they they offer. Do not wait any longer, go give them a tour!

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comment. Also, thank you for taking the time to share. We do our absolute best to keep our Harmony family safe and happy. If we may ask one small favor, would you please also post this to our google reviews. Not everyone notices the effort. Even fewer will to take the time to give thanks/praise when they do.

November 24, 2020

By Tisha

I visited Harmony at Oakbrooke. Everybody was really nice. The residents seemed to enjoy themselves. It was clean, and they had a lot of activities. I saw both independent and assisted living. It's a beautiful facility. The food was very good. It's a new building.

Tisha we are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit. You and your family are always welcome. Thank you for this kind and thoughtful review. We are families serving families, and always aim to please.

March 31, 2020

By Zoe

I went to Harmony at Oakbrooke. The facility was absolutely gorgeous, it was brand new, it was out of our price range, but the gentleman we talked to was a little more aggressive and pushy. They had bingo, they had people coming in singing and playing the piano, they had them going out shopping and to museums, and I really liked that. The staff was nice, but definitely a sales person.

Hello ZOE! We are so pleased you found time to visit our Chesapeake location, and hope you can visit us again. Our sales team often ask questions that may feel personal and we apologize if it made you feel uncomfortable. Our goal is to help older adults and their families reduce adverse results and develop positive outcomes. We are so happy you liked our gorgeous community & thank you for your positive review!

February 10, 2020

By William

Harmony at Oakbrooke was brand new. They had land space where you could walk your dogs. The person who showed us around was very helpful, followed up with phone calls, very informative, and gave some financial help with my VA. Everything was good. They take you to doctors' appointments, and they had a gym, dining rooms, a nice library, and nice apartments. It felt homey.

August 11, 2019

By Reviewer080919

My mother seems to be doing OK there. They play bingo, watch movies, and there are happy hours. The staff has been excellent, very sweet, and very kind. They know the residents' names within a few days after they're there, so it's very welcoming. Her room for the most part is clean. She was in memory care for a week and the food there was not very good, but since she's been in their assisted living she has enjoyed the food. They have a beauty shop, a library, and a bus service. They've been short on staff a couple of times, but her evening nurse has been really good. It's a brand-new building. The price is extraordinarily high and I'm paying additional money for the actual pills and the packaging, which I wasn't expecting.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that your mom is satisfied with her care and services in our assisted living community. As we offer 3 tiers of living serving 3 different populations there are a few differences in amenities with each population. The entrée items in our memory neighborhood are identical to what we offer our assisted living and independent living meals. The differences with meals are we don't offer a' la cart items because the population in our memory care become confused & overwhelmed when we give them more than 2 choices. I am sorry you were not expecting to pay for medications; as all private pay assisted living communities charge for ordering and dispensing medications. Again thank you for your review and please see the executive director or health care coordinator for any assistance we may be able to offer as your mom continues to settle into her new home. We are so happy you have decided to live in Harmony!

December 30, 2018

By Erika

My dad moved in and our experience so far has been wonderful. It's a beautiful community and they have very attentive staff members. One thing I can say is that since he's been there his health has improved. So that's really wonderful. It's a new community, and they have two others, so it's not completely full. They're trying to accommodate my dad's special needs, and they're providing transportation to and from dialysis twice a week. They always make sure that he's feeling well and that he gets socialization. They bring him down to the dining room, and the food is very good. They have a concierge that's there 24 hours a day. I've been to other places, but this one is a nice place. Some of the staff members are off the charts, but there are some that are not. They have a lot of activities, like they go out on movie nights. And compared to others I've seen, they have a lot to offer. The value for the money is comparative. I would rate it a five.

August 09, 2018

By Danora

It was beautiful. It was a very nice community. They had a very beautiful studio apartment that I was interested in, but I couldn't get my things together in time to get that apartment. The Crossings at Oakbrooke was very friendly, and they seemed to have a lot of activities. I like that they had increased care, especially for memory care. They have a full calendar of options and activities. They go on outings, they have exercise time, and they have church meetings available in the building too. The community is brand new and the location is good. The price is competitive with everybody else. I had a meal there, and the food was good. The administrator took me around. He was knowledgeable and had a good understanding of the place. Everything was nice.

Hi Danora! Thank you for visiting our Harmony community in Chesapeake. I am so glad your experience at The Crossings at Oakbrooke was a good one. I hope you visit us again whenever you are in the area.

Independent Living Reviews for Harmony at Oakbrooke

October 02, 2019

By Wanda

I liked Harmony at Oakbrooke, but it wasn't in our budget. We saw a two-bedroom on the first and second floors. The staff was pretty nice. The food seemed good, and they showed us the menus. The facility was clean and nice. We saw the theater room and their calendar of events. Meals are included, and they also do housekeeping once a week.

April 19, 2019

By Terrie

It is brand new, very pretty, very well done, very well kept, and shiny and new, but it's out of my moms' price range. The people were very nice. It seemed like a very nice community, and they seemed to care for the people. The staff was very nice, and she's the only only one I interacted with. She was very personable and business like. The dining area looked clean. They had movie nights, shopping days, and game nights.

December 03, 2018

By Mary

It's beautiful and we had a good tour. It was very well-appointed. I liked that it has a full kitchen, but they only have showers, and none of the showers have a ledge or seat. The staff member was a hoot, she asked questions, and we had a good time. The facility is new, bright, and shiny. They have an exercise room, a couple of libraries, a music room, and planned trips.

Memory Care Reviews for Harmony at Oakbrooke

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: Pending

About Harmony at Oakbrooke

Harmony at Oakbrooke is designed to put you in control of your future offering Independent Living Assisted Living and Memory services- all on one private campus. Harmony at Oakbrooke offers a community service by providing senior living in the Greenbrier area Chesapeake. The community is conveniently located one mile from Chesapeake Regional Healthcare Center and adjacent to several medical service providers in Oakbrooke Business Technology Center.

No Large buy-in- a one time entry fee is all it takes; Beautiful apartments that fit every budget and lifestyle;. Weekly Housekeeping; Delicious chef-prepared dining featuring farm- to -table fresh foods; Gorgeous open-air courtyards; 24-hour emergency call system; Continuing Care and Memory Care support, should the need ever arise.

Map of Harmony at Oakbrooke