Harmony at Oakbrooke

Reviews of Harmony at Oakbrooke

Assisted Living Reviews for Harmony at Oakbrooke

August 11, 2019

By Reviewer080919

My mother seems to be doing OK at The Crossings at Oakbrooke. They play bingo, watch movies, and there are happy hours. The staff has been excellent, very sweet, and very kind. They know the residents' names within a few days after they're there, so it's very welcoming. Her room for the most part is clean. She was in memory care for a week and the food there was not very good, but since she's been in their assisted living she has enjoyed the food. They have a beauty shop, a library, and a bus service. They've been short on staff a couple of times, but her evening nurse has been really good. It's a brand-new building. The price is extraordinarily high and I'm paying additional money for the actual pills and the packaging, which I wasn't expecting.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that your mom is satisfied with her care and services in our assisted living community. As we offer 3 tiers of living serving 3 different populations there are a few differences in amenities with each population. The entrée items in our memory neighborhood are identical to what we offer our assisted living and independent living meals. The differences with meals are we don't offer a' la cart items because the population in our memory care become confused & overwhelmed when we give them more than 2 choices. I am sorry you were not expecting to pay for medications; as all private pay assisted living communities charge for ordering and dispensing medications. Again thank you for your review and please see the executive director or health care coordinator for any assistance we may be able to offer as your mom continues to settle into her new home. We are so happy you have decided to live in Harmony!

December 30, 2018

By Erika

My dad moved into The Crossings at Oakbrooke and our experience so far has been wonderful. It's a beautiful community and they have very attentive staff members. One thing I can say is that since he's been there his health has improved. So that's really wonderful. It's a new community, and they have two others, so it's not completely full. They're trying to accommodate my dad's special needs, and they're providing transportation to and from dialysis twice a week. They always make sure that he's feeling well and that he gets socialization. They bring him down to the dining room, and the food is very good. They have a concierge that's there 24 hours a day. I've been to other places, but this one is a nice place. Some of the staff members are off the charts, but there are some that are not. They have a lot of activities, like they go out on movie nights. And compared to others I've seen, they have a lot to offer. The value for the money is comparative. I would rate it a five.

August 09, 2018

By Danora

The Crossings at Oakbrooke was beautiful. It was a very nice community. They had a very beautiful studio apartment that I was interested in, but I couldn't get my things together in time to get that apartment. The Crossings at Oakbrooke was very friendly, and they seemed to have a lot of activities. I like that they had increased care, especially for memory care. They have a full calendar of options and activities. They go on outings, they have exercise time, and they have church meetings available in the building too. The community is brand new and the location is good. The price is competitive with everybody else. I had a meal there, and the food was good. The administrator took me around. He was knowledgeable and had a good understanding of the place. Everything was nice.

Hi Danora! Thank you for visiting our Harmony community in Chesapeake. I am so glad your experience at The Crossings at Oakbrooke was a good one. I hope you visit us again whenever you are in the area.

Independent Living Reviews for Harmony at Oakbrooke

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: Pending

About Harmony at Oakbrooke

Harmony at Oakbrooke is designed to put you in control of your future offering Independent Living Assisted Living and Memory services- all on one private campus. Harmony at Oakbrooke offers a community service by providing senior living in the Greenbrier area Chesapeake. The community is conveniently located one mile from Chesapeake Regional Healthcare Center and adjacent to several medical service providers in Oakbrooke Business Technology Center.

No Large buy-in- a one time entry fee is all it takes; Beautiful apartments that fit every budget and lifestyle;. Weekly Housekeeping; Delicious chef-prepared dining featuring farm- to -table fresh foods; Gorgeous open-air courtyards; 24-hour emergency call system; Continuing Care and Memory Care support, should the need ever arise.

Map of Harmony at Oakbrooke