First Colonial Inn

First Colonial Inn (800) 385-2527

Reviews of First Colonial Inn

Assisted Living Reviews for First Colonial Inn

June 27, 2014

My brother-in-law lived in the independent living part of First Colonial Inn for a couple of months before he went downhill. He has dementia, and he transferred to the assisted living part. They had a new assisted living apartment. It was delightful, and I would have loved to live there myself. They take good care of the people, and they’ve got good facilities. They’ve got a bus, they take people on excursions, shopping trips, and they take them to museums and doctor’s appointments. The staff is very nice and cordial. They’ve got a nurse on staff who evaluates the people and sees what they need, but they weren’t really equipped to handle my brother-in-law.

August 13, 2013

By Eisenbach

I visited this facility to find a place for my mother. The location was good, but the building itself was very old. I felt the apartments were overpriced compared to newer communities. I tried lunch there and the food was just so-so. I ended up moving my mother to another facility that I thought was much nicer and more affordable.

September 10, 2012

By Travesty

The facility is a great place for both people who need little help and those that need a lot of help. The staff is very attentive to the residents needs, and are always available to help a resident find something if they've lost it, or if they just need direction to find the restroom or community rooms for an event. The executive director of the facility is a wonderful person who is in touch with not only her staff, but as many of the residents as possible, on a nearly weekly basis. If a complaint is given, she makes a point to find the reasoning behind the issue and fix it. The facility itself is really nice, with three floors of apartments, and elevators at every hallway, it's easy to navigate. The grounds of the facility are very well kept as well, with a group being brought in to take care of them on a weekly basis during the summer, and slightly less frequently during the rest of the year.

Independent Living Reviews for First Colonial Inn

January 06, 2017

By Jim482277

My mother has been in First Colonial Inn for two months in a $3,000, one-bedroom apartment that's just the right size. She fixes her own meals. It's six blocks from my business, so I can visit almost every day. It's a very nice three-story building, with very nice staff. It's less expensive than the other places I looked at. However, the meals were mediocre.

September 01, 2016

By Karen375007

My dad moved into First Colonial Inn. It’s very nice and has recently been updated. The apartment itself is kind of drab, but the general facilities are very nice. My dad is happy there. The staff seems very friendly. We don't have any complaints with them. My dad has participated in a few activities. He has gone to chair yoga and lectures. The food is very good. They have a library, an exercise room, and physical therapy on site. They have a bus for transportation, a chauffeur for private transportation, and a garden there, too.

October 27, 2015

By Sherry C

My visit with First Colonial Inn was very positive. It's a nice facility. They had lots of activities, and it seemed to be well-run. It's in a nice location. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. The rooms were very nice, well-maintained, and had lots of storage space. The grounds were well-maintained and had a park-like setting with lots of woods and trees. It's conveniently located to the Hilltop Shopping Center, which was nice.

August 11, 2015

By Lillian Dotolo

My sisters and I were thrilled to find this home for mom. There are so many activities and the staff are wonderful. We love to stroll out back by the duck pond or sit in the breeze way. The residents are very friendly and welcomed mom with open arms. One great thing is the onsite physical and occupational therapy offered by Genesis, as well as the beauty salon. Having these services right in the building is so convenient. The staff take the time to get to know all the residents, and the maintenance staff are very helpful. Overall, it's been such a great transition for mom.

Services and Amenities of First Colonial Inn

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: On Call 24/7
  • Pharma

• Renal

• Pets: Small Pets

About First Colonial Inn

In one of the most popular areas of Virginia Beach, First Colonial Inn is the ideal setting for those who desire a lifestyle full of independence with the personalized care that you need. The campus is a friendly and energetic place in the heart of a thriving community where you can enjoy day trips to charming boutiques, local restaurants, museums, theaters and the gorgeous oceanfront. A variety of professional services are also easy to access. As you continue this rewarding chapter in your life, you will have the opportunity to create a healthy, balanced lifestyle with a sense of security for the future.

As a resident of First Colonial Inn, you can take advantage of the refreshing outdoor campus by joining the gardening club, bird watching, or perfecting your putting on the private golf green. Take an afternoon stroll or just relax with a good friend on the terrace. Indoors the energy is contagious, life is vibrant and as busy or as relaxed as you would like. Expand your knowledge, invest time in your favorite hobby or even learn something new. The interiors are comfortable and complement the warm and friendly nature of the residents. You'll also enjoy the attention and service provided by our engaged team of associates allowing you the opportunity to take the time to sit back and enjoy life.

Map of First Colonial Inn