Chesapeake Place Senior Living

1508 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Chesapeake Place Senior Living (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

April Showers of Savings! Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Chesapeake Place Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Chesapeake Place Senior Living

May 15, 2018

By Tonya1146

I toured this community. The staff was friendly and attentive to the residents. The lady I had an appointment with was pleasant and helpful. She gave us a lot of information and answered questions we had not even thought of! They gave us lunch (unscheduled)which was wonderful! The studio apartment we are looking at opens to a beautiful courtyard that is going to be perfect for my mother as she loves roses. The Activity Director was helping some ladies bake a cake that smelled amazing. Great experience all they way around!

July 27, 2016

By Diane587117

Chesapeake Place is a very nice place with a very nice dining area and a room where they could go for activities and games. They have a library and a nice beauty parlor. It’s really such a nice place.

December 20, 2015

By Dina6

If I had to choose a place for my mom, I would pick Chesapeake Place. It's a very clean place. They had a recreation place. The food smelled wonderful, although I don’t know how it tastes. If I had to choose a place, I would go there.

July 14, 2015

I did go to visit a friend at Chesapeake Place, so I looked it over just as a guest there, but not to take a tour. It was clean all the way -- everything I saw was clean -- and the people were friendly to me as I was trying to find my way around there. I have heard that the food is not good; there have been a lot of problems with the food. The rooms were nice, it was a nice size, and the people were putting her pictures on the wall for her, so it was homey. I was in two or three rooms because she wanted me to meet some of her friends, and they all seemed nice. I guess everybody has their own furniture in the rooms, so each one was different. I didn’t have to sign in -- which when I go to visit some other places in my neighborhood I would have to sign in and sign out, but I didn't there. She did sign out when we left for lunch, and then she signed in when she came back. It had no smell at all -- just like you were going to an apartment building anywhere. I heard from her that one of her friends plays the piano on a regular basis in the evening. They are all quite proud of her because she is nearly 100 and still playing the piano and singing. And I suppose they play Bingo and do things like that, but my friend is not interested in that kind of thing, so she doesn't get involved. I will consider this place for myself, and the reason is because you can handle your own medication. I get my medication free from my insurance, and you can do that, whereas in some places, you have to get your medication through them. I wasn't aware of that, but that makes a big difference because medication can get quite expensive.

November 03, 2014

My experience at Chesapeake was very good. The staff was very nice, informative, and helpful; I was very impressed with everyone I met there. The rooms were very clean and spacious. It is not as old as the other facility I went to, and the residents all seemed very content, they had a lot of interaction and seemed to be very happy.

Questions about Chesapeake Place Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All new staff members receive training in dementia care and approach. This training is followed up with refresher courses on a regularly scheduled basis.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Chesapeake Place Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Residents range from their early 60s to well over 100 years young! We enjoy socializing, bingo, crafts, and card games.

What programs or activities does Chesapeake Place Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have fun staying strong mentally, physically, and spiritually through our weekly Bible studies, exercise programs, and brain games such as Trivia and jigsaw puzzles.

What places are near Chesapeake Place Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Taco Bell and Dollar General are just a short walk away. Just across the street from that is a 7-11, CVS, Wendy’s, and Harris Teeter.

What transportation services does Chesapeake Place Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We can assist with transportation to doctor appointments twice a week within a 5-mile radius of the community. The activity department schedules shopping trips and lunch outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Chesapeake Place Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Start the day off right with eggs of your choice, bacon or sausage, along with all the fixings right down to your choice of hot or cold cereals. Lunches are normally a little heavier and you can expect anything from fried chicken and mashed potatoes to shrimp, meatloaf, or the delicious Apple Ginger Pork Chops. Dinner is a little lighter side but still tasty with a chicken salad croissant, cold plate, or soup and sandwich type options.

What safety features or security measures does Chesapeake Place Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

You will feel safe and secure with 24/7 staffing here to protect you. Our doors are locked at night and you have the option to also lock your apartment.

How does Chesapeake Place Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a monthly newsletter to inform everyone of upcoming events. Families can also be on our email list to receive important updates that are relevant to the general population. Care Plan meetings and personal phone calls with the responsible party are scheduled for personal and individual updates.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Chesapeake Place Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

1:15 around the clock

If Chesapeake Place Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet-friendly community so go ahead and bring your small dog or cat with you. The grounds have plenty of grassy areas for pet walking and a sidewalk around the assisted living building for you and your furry friend to get some exercise.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff is kept up to date on training through monthly in-services and training

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

1:10 around the clock

What safety features or security measures does Chesapeake Place Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

Our secure memory care provides lots of room for your loved one to wander safely indoors, or enjoy a stroll in our gated back yard accompanied by a staff member.

What programs or activities does Chesapeake Place Senior Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our memory care programming is based on the acuity of our residents. Each person has an individualized service plan. Some residents enjoy bingo, cards, and crafts while others enjoy being engaged in those lifelong activities such as folding clothes and sorting silverware. We all enjoy reminiscing about days gone by.

Our Resident Care Coordinator, LPN, performs all assessments on new residents. Assessments are completed again thirty days after admission, and then every six months unless there is a major health change beforehand. A new assessment can be requested at any time.

What techniques does Chesapeake Place Senior Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our residents enjoy home-cooked meals, served restaurant-style in our beautiful dining room. Soft music is often played while the staff is always available to assist in whatever way is needed.

How does Chesapeake Place Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Chesapeake Place Senior Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Chesapeake Place is located across the street from the Alden Park neighborhood so we have the feel of being in a residential area but the convenience of shopping within a short drive of the community.

Is Chesapeake Place Senior Living affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any particular hospital. Chesapeake Regional is the closest hospital at four miles away. Sentara Leigh Hospital is nine miles away while Sentara Norfolk General Hospital is thirteen miles.

Costs for Chesapeake Place Senior Living

Photos of Chesapeake Place Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Chesapeake Place Senior Living

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Get Costs

About Chesapeake Place Senior Living

Escape to Chesapeake Place and discover a community where residents come first and their needs are met 24 hours a day. We offer Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Chesapeake, Virginia, and our talented staff members create an atmosphere of professionalism and comfort as they help residents find enjoyment and relaxation. Located just minutes from Virginia Beach and the city of Chesapeake, our community strikes the perfect balance between tranquility and excitement. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living – freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning in surroundings that are kind and gracious – with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Both our Assisted Living and Memory Care buildings offer residents peace of mind and comfort with our safety features and sought-after amenities. Besides our exceptional onsite recreation and entertainment programming, our residents are also just minutes away from offsite fun with great shopping, dining, and entertainment destinations.

Map of Chesapeake Place Senior Living