Preston Place Plano, TX

Reviews of Preston Place

Independent Living Reviews for Preston Place

October 09, 2016

By Travis Young

After one year in residence, my father moved out for health reasons. While there, the maintenance team replaced his bathtub. The repair stained the carpet. My father asked them three times to have the stains removed but they claimed they would not come out and the carpet would need to be replaced. The maintenance team also dented the dishwasher during a repair. When my father moved out, he was charged for the carpet and the dishwasher. When I inquired about the charges they directed me to Emily at the Spectrum Corporate office. I phoned her and emailed her several times over a two-month period. I also sent her a certified letter asking a refund. She never even responded to my email or returned my phone calls. I would not recommend this or any other spectrum property.

Mr. Young, Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that your experience was not to your satisfaction. We take pride in offering superior customer service to our residents past and present and are concerned that we did not meet your expectations. I encourage you to call Preston Place and schedule a meeting with the Community Director who will address your concerns. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

February 22, 2016

Preston Place is one of my top choices among all that I have visited because the apartment has a full kitchen and a washer-dryer connection. They have a lot of activities on their calendar and an outdoor pool. It is near a lot of public transportation, so it's convenient to the shopping areas and restaurants. They provide meals at the facility.

Thank you for visiting Preston Place. We are glad you liked what you saw. We provide the full kitchens recognizing that many residents like the choice of preparing their own meal but also like the option to join us in the Veranda for a wonderful chef prepared meal. We are conveniently located to public transportation and we provide scheduled transportation to near by locations as well if you prefer to use the community bus. Please let us know if you have any questions and thanks again for visiting Preston Place. Sincerely, The Preston Place staff.

January 25, 2016

By Visitor241

Preston Place would probably be one of my top picks for my father. It was all very clean, well kept, and had a real nice homey feel about it. The staff was wonderful. They did offer activities. I think the location was nice.

December 30, 2015

By Suzanne39

I visited Preston Place and it was nice. It was more like an apartment; everything was separated. You have to go outside to get to the main building. The staff was nice. The rooms were clean and they have full kitchen.

June 26, 2014

By Don33

I had two tours of Preston Place. It's very good. The first time I took a tour, they didn't have the floor plan I was interested in. But it was very nice. It's a condominium-type setup and several buildings. You need to go outside to get to certain activities. But they deliver dinner to your room and things like that.

April 08, 2014

Preston Place is a comfortable place. They have one group of apartments that didn't have elevators and that they were renting out as independent living. Their apartments were efficient. On the rating of 1 to 10, where 10 is the best and 1 is the worst, I would give it a 7. They also have a very large community center with different functions going on almost all the time. For my needs, that would have been fine. The staff there was also very accommodating and very knowledgeable.

March 31, 2014

We visited Preston Place. It was the style that I didn't care for, and they can't change it. It's garden style, and I prefer hotel style. I was impressed. I just didn't like the walk from the apartments to the main building. I saw a room; it was nice. I met one of the sales people, and she was very nice.

Questions about Preston Place

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Best shopping in Plano. We are near The Willow Bend Mall, Baylor Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital and Medical City Plano, Chicos, Stein Mart, Market Street, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Nordstrom Rack, Chick- fil-A, Luby's, Walgreens, and so much more.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Preston Place has organized?

Dallas Farmers Market, Winstar Casino, Mary Kay Museum, The Eisemann Center, Stonebriar Mall, Weekly Restaurant outings for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Happy Hours.

What transportation services does Preston Place offer to independent living residents?

Doctor appointments, other appointments and resident destinations within a 5-mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Preston Place exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Optional dining- chef-prepared from scratch in our kitchen; dine-in or delivery (delivery no extra charge). We have an ever-changing menu with fresh ingredients based on resident suggestions and preferences. Sunday Brunch- London Broil, Salmon Cake topped with Beurre Blanc sauce, Omlet station, Homemade cilantro rice, roasted red bliss potatoes, Vegetable medley, biscuits, country gravy, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit platter, assorted desserts, mimosas. Signature lobster plate- Buttered Lobster til with queso blanco macaroni and fresh baked roll Blackened red snapper, served over saffron grits, okra with tomatoes, creamy ranch salad, strawberry shortcake.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a 12,000 square foot community center with a library, fitness center, bar area with pool table, restaurant, bistro area, business center with WiFi. Large outdoor pool and spa, beauty salon, putting green, walking paths, dog park and dog waste areas. There is covered parking throughout.

What safety features or security measures does Preston Place offer to independent living residents?

Police office lives on-site and is available to residents 24 x 7. Security on foot overnight, Key Track security system so there is no master key for staff, Security cameras throughout the property, Gated community with the gate closed at all times with code-access or fob access only.

If Preston Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dog park, walking paths, pet waste stations. Patios/balconies for each unit.

Does Preston Place work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes, we offer balance classes, wellness programs and have relationships with Home Health companies that can provide additional services.

Costs for Preston Place

• Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

About Preston Place

At Preston Place, you’ll discover a sophisticated retirement community with a beautiful combination of first-class amenities and upscale apartment living — all with no large upfront entrance fee. You’ll feel right at home in the Plano area you already love, surrounded by a landscape that’s welcoming and beautiful architecture. Trade the housekeeping and maintenance duties of homeownership for an apartment that you customize and a range of convenient services you’re sure to love. Make the most of diverse dining choices, a wide range of amenities and outstanding customer service.

Our prime Plano, Texas, location is just a short drive from delightful outdoor recreation areas and parks. Off-site entertainment and cultural options that keep your mind stimulated can be found close by at venues. And living in a community with a convenient location also makes it easy for you to continue to be socially active with faith-based involvement, volunteerism, and service that let you give your life purpose and meaning. Prime dining and shopping options are just steps away and three major hospitals are in close proximity.

Preston Place is an active-lifestyle retirement community that matches your impeccable style, recognizes your aspirations and values and respects your budget.

In addition to exercise equipment, the Fitness Center offers a variety of programs that include yoga classes and seated exercise classes.

BILLIARDS

The perfect setting for friends to meet and shoot pool or play cards and games.

LIBRARY

Offers books in hardback and paperback with large print and audio books.

ART STUDIO

A functional, comfortable space to be creative.

BUSINESS CENTER

Set up with computers, printer and WiFi.

BISTRO

Offers a variety of menus to suit every taste. Meals are madefrom scratch by our chefs. Continental Breakfast is available Monday through Saturday. Lunch and Sunday Buffet are served in our dining room.

THEATER

Grab some popcorn and some friends and enjoy an afternoon with a variety of featured movies, from classics to new releases.

SPA

Improve your body, mind and spirit with this relaxing experience.

SWIMMING POOL

Relax with friends or take a water aerobics class.

HAIR SALON

A pampering environment with professional hair services.

WOODWORKING SHOP

A fully equipped shop for you to be inventive.

Map of Preston Place