Heritage House Wilkes Barre, PA

Reviews of Heritage House

Nursing Home Reviews for Heritage House

December 21, 2012

By givetjadollar

My first impression of the facility was neutral. The staff seemed nice enough, but I think the term 'practiced' would fit better. It was as if they'd seen just about every different type of individual admitted, and no longer had the luster of youthful, energetic workers. That's not to say they didn't conduct themselves professionally, or genuinely care about the residents, they just seemed tired. That said, the building itself was a little confusing, and I could easily see a few of those admitted getting lost if they had the opportunity. Though my grandmother wasn't there for very long, she was well taken care of during her time there, and I have nothing overtly negative to say about Heritage House as a result.

September 12, 2012

By Jennifer Joy

Heritage House was a true blessing when my grandmother became to ill to care for herself. My mother was an only child and it was all on her shoulders to care for my grandmother. When she was unable to care for both her mother and her children she turned to Heritage House. The staff there was amazing. They showed incredible kindness and compassion to both my grandmother and our family. The atomsphere there was light-hearted and friendly. I remember going there one day to visit my grandmother and we sat and watched a group of Irish dancers perform. There was always lots of fun activities and socials that my grandmother could participate in when she felt up to it. When my grandmother passed away the staff there stood by our side and helped us move through the grieving process and helping out in anyway they could with final arrangements. No one ever wants to put a loved one in a home but Heritage House definitely helped to ease our minds when my grandmother was there.

July 11, 2012

By R817N7HG5F

Overall, the provider is average. There are many positives, but also many negatives as well. I have had wonderful experiences with some of the staff, who you can tell truly care for their residents and go above and beyond to meet their needs. Other staff members seem to lie to you to try to make it seem like they did something you asked or was required of them for their residents, and have gotten caught in a few lies in my experience. The facility itself is well-furnished and in nice condition. Meals seem good, and there are a mulitude of options for the residents on a given day. Yet, there are times where some of the needs of the residents aren't met, or corners are cut in providing care to these residents. Overall, the facility is nice, and there are some days that I would recommend it to others, but there are some days that I would not recommend it to any family member, as well.

June 28, 2012

By Frank2

I like the place but mom didn't like that because her sister died there and I didn't know it. The place is now called St. Luke's Villa. I thought it was real nice. It's clean and they did overall looked pretty nice. The staff was welcoming. They were warm and friendly. Mom walked up next door and I didn't realize that it's a hospice nextdoor and that's where my mother's sister died. She saw of death when she went there or when we looked at it. I thought it was really nice and the person I was with thought it was really nice. But my mother was crying later that day because she remembered my aunt's death and I never knew of it until that day. I like that there was a priest there. The place was calming, it has a homey environment. It's also centrally located right downtown Wilkes Barre. So they're right around the corner from St. Marys Church, a movie theater, a restaurant and everything. It was actually good place. I was satisfied overall.

About Heritage House

Heritage House is a senior living provider in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes, and Nursing Homes. Contact Heritage House for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heritage House