The Watermark At Logan Square

Reviews of The Watermark At Logan Square

Assisted Living Reviews for The Watermark At Logan Square

August 14, 2016

By Caring_2646342

We moved into the independent living section just 10 months ago. And, it felt like home immediately. The apartment was customized and decorated to meet our needs and taste. The staff is professional and kind. And, the residents are extremely friendly and welcoming. We enjoy the dining experience, planned activities, and casual socializing. There's no better place to be at this stage in our lives.

Thank you for choosing The Watermark at Logan Square. It’s our privilege to ensure you’re thriving. Please stay in close contact and let us know if there is anything else we can do to make life great. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

July 31, 2016

By Gary638645

The Watermark at Logan Square had small apartments. It was in a bad location with no parking. It's in Center City, Philadelphia. My parents had friends who live there who rave about the place, and that the staff is excellent. Everyone seemed to be comfortable. They gave us a meal and the food was pretty good. The ambiance in the dining area is very nice. It's close to shopping, theaters, and restaurants. If you're a visitor, it's very hard to find parking around there. You literally have to park on an off-street garage.

I’m happy to inform you that as of mid-July, we now have ample parking for families and guests. Living in the heart of it all in Center City has amazing benefits including being walking distance to shops, restaurants, museums galleries and more. It also means scarce parking - which is why we’re so excited about this recent improvement. Of course, most residents prefer to hop on our Center City loop bus and avoid the hassles of driving and parking all together. Thank you for taking the time to visit and again, for sharing your review. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

October 27, 2015

I liked everything in the Watermark, except the elevators. I had a wonderful meal there, the people were lovely, and dining area was nice. The one-bedroom was small, but it was what I could afford.

June 10, 2015

By Alfredo2

My friend has been in the "Memory Gardens" unit, which is the only locked area in the building. He has a wonderful, caring staff who learned his "ways" and work to help him to integrate with the other residents. His unit (a very large, private room) is kept clean by staff, even though he tends to be a packrat. The staff works with the residents to keep residents occupied and involved. During my visits, I stop by to speak with the full-charge nurse 2x week. We discuss what she sees and what might need intervention. Care and knowledge of my friend's needs and behavior is important to me. She is on top of that and its clear to me that her dedication is an important part of who she is and how she runs the area. Footnote: many members of the area's staff have been there 6,7 10 years at Watermark. That suggests that Watermark does what it can to prevent "burnout" and treats their staff well. I'm glad my friend is at Watermark.

May 29, 2015

By compassion1st

My mother has been in this facility for only 2 days after a nasty fall in which she had major surgery. The next process is a rehabilitation facility to administer physical therapy. We chose Watermark. When we arrive at Watermark the staff was not welcoming and made her feel uncomfortable, did I mention she also suffers from dementia. What really has me ANGRY is she had go to the bathroom and when she calls for assistance there is no response and no one to be found on the floor. She was screaming for help, and finally couldn't hold it anymore. She laid in piss for 30 minutes. When a family member went to the desk and asked the Aide for help, response from the Aide was "I'M ON BREAK." Family member: OK well who is covering? Aide: "I DON'T KNOW." The Aide was very nasty, inconsiderate and not compassionate. The Supervisor was no where to be found. The staff hides and does not want to work. You get the impression that all they are there for is to collect a paycheck for doing as little as possible. I am looking to move my mother. You only have one mother, enough said.

First and foremost I want to apologize that your experience at The Watermark has not been thoroughly positive. Since we received your feedback, I looked at all of our response time logs for your mother and did discover that there were two instances when the response time exceeded our goal time. I have spoken to the entire care team about our expectations that call bells be answered more quickly and reviewed with them that we take this commitment seriously. I have also spoken with your mother and other family members to see what we can do to make her more comfortable and satisfied. We had a productive and positive talk. I want to thank you again for letting us know about your experiences. Feedback from our residents, their family and friends helps us continually improve! If you would like to discuss your concerns further or be updated of our progress in addressing your concerns, please contact me at 215-563-1800. Best regards,

Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director, The Watermark at Logan Square

Posted on behalf of Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director, The Watermark at Logan Square

May 11, 2015

By BethK

Be careful. My parents moved in to independent living March 2015. 1. No security 2. No contract filled out 3. Closets fell off the wall on the movers; no one injured luckily 4. No lights in master bedroom 5. Kitchen sink doesn't work; all pipes replaced on day two 6. Toilets making jack hammer noises 7. Painting done badly and incompletely 8. Cute little mice, yes mice, didn't show up until the fifth day after the move; their nest was behind the kitchen oven 9. Master bedroom window flooding; promised repairs within one year? Mold issues? 10. The Watermark manual was provided after move so almost everything was an experiment with little/no help. 11. The resident welcome coordinator was great; it's her volunteer job and she gave us far more information than all the staff members together. I spoke with property the Executive Director of the Watermark at Logan Square and corporate personal. No explanation, responses or apology. If all these things are OK with you, it's a go. If they're problems, be aware. The dining room experience is fine. The apartments are very nice, when they're without mice and with working appliances and plumbing, and the activities are very good. The location is great. Whole Foods, museums, downtown a short walk. And Sabrina's Cafe a couple of steps outside the back door. But service issues are a major problem.

May 10, 2015

By EmilykL

My grandmother has been here for less than a week, and she has had the most negligent care from all staff. Each staff blames another person for inadequacies, and after repeated requests we have not been able to contact the director to express our concerns. They have messed up her medications, brought the wrong food, left the food in the room when she's unable to feed herself, have waited an hour to clean her after requesting it, and are clothing her in ratty, worn down dressings. Can't disapprove of this facility more at this point.

As Executive Director, I’m very concerned to hear of the dissatisfaction that you and your family have experienced. I’m personally committed to ensuring your issues are quickly resolved to your satisfaction. We are committed to providing outstanding service for residents and their family members and work hard to maintain our high CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) rating. Please call me directly at 215-563-1800 to further discuss your observations. We will then stay in communication through the resolution process. Thank you. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

April 29, 2015

We visited The Watermark recently and the place was fine except the bathrooms were too small. My power chair doesn’t fit into the bathroom. The staff seemed very attentive to our needs during our visit.

December 13, 2014

My aunt was in hospice at Watermark. It made her last days very comfortable. The rooms were adequate. The facility was clean, and the staff was attentive.

November 17, 2014

By Shelby5

I liked Watermarks better, and it is also in town. It seemed friendlier, more amenable, and a nice place in general. There seemed to be a lot of activities. It seems really pretty, clean, and they had a shuttle. It is a very nice place; they had a nice library, they had offered courses -- like you could take French-- and seemed a little more expensive. It is very attractive and well-maintained. I think there was a special lunch, and they invited us to come.

November 07, 2014

We found The Watermark (The Watermark at Logan Square) for my father. It is a beautiful place. The staff is great. They're excellent. Regarding the room, it is clean. They re-did everything. They re-did the closet and re-painted the wall. It looked like brand new. Food is delicious. With regards to activities, they have trips. They have a bus that goes around the city. They have Bible studies and church. They have a whole lot of different things -- more than bingo. As far as security, they're secured. They have security there. One thing they could improve on is their elevators.

October 16, 2014

By George89480450

The staff at The Watermark at Logan Square was very sociable and very friendly. The people appeared to be social as well. There weren't that many wheelchair residents. The problem I had was parking. I have a large family, and I would want -- whatever decision I make -- my children to be able to visit my wife and I without having parking problems.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. It’s true, we are a very sociable community! Also true is your statement that city living usually comes with the challenge of parking. That being said, we are fortunate to have a parking garage. We do offer parking in our garage for guests and spaces are based on availability. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me and again, thank you for your feedback. Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

September 23, 2014

I took a short tour at Watermark, but it was a nice facility. They have one with a little kitchenette and two bedrooms that I really liked. It’s a nice neighborhood, and they have shuttles that will take you into town where you can reach hospitals and shopping centers. The people that were showing us around were very informative. We were invited to a nice lunch, and the food was very good with lots of variety in the menu. They have instructors for computer classes and a library as part of their activities.

July 08, 2014

By daugtherlee

My 81 year old father is currently a resident in the skilled nursing unit. He also had a 6 week stay at Watermark in subacute rehab about 4 years ago after a fall/broken hip. The physical location is convenient to public transportation and public parking is available for 5.00 just around the corner just north of 17th and Callowhill (the lot is on 17th street and says "PUBLIC PARKING". The physical facility is quite nice, decorated in hardwood floor/oriental rug/traditional furniture kind of way. OUr case worker at Jefferson Hospital told us it is the nicest subacute rehab and/or skilled nursing in the Center City area. However, my biggest reservation is that the staff/patient ratio seems insufficient to adequately take care of the patients who are bedridden or need a higher level of care. The place may be great for those who only need assisted living, but my father for example is paralyzed from the chest down and incontinent. When his diaper needs to be changed due to a bowel movement, we have waited up to 50 minutes after ringing the bell for someone to finally come. Some tasks require 2 people to move him, and it is virtually impossible to find TWO people. Speaking to other family members of residents and staff members, it seems there were significant cuts made in March to an already lean staff and as a result, morale is low and the staff are frustrated because one person cannot handle the work that used to be done by 1.5-2 people prior to March 2014. Looking at the Medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare page, it looks like the five star ratings were done during the last inspection, which was prior to this change in staffing. So if you have a pretty independent resident who does not need a high level of care, who wants nice carpet, wallpaper, etc and a convenient location, this is for you. If you have a fragile, relatively disabled loved one, you are in trouble unless you want to sit by their side 24/7 and advocate for them.

At The Watermark at Logan Square, we want our residents to have an extraordinary experience in all aspects of their stay. We appreciate that you commended us on the areas you felt we were exemplary and commented on the areas you felt we needed to improve. As the administrator, I can assure you we have not experienced any major staffing changes and our staff to patient ratio is well above the required state minimum. I apologize that your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations in every way and again, thank you for your comments. We hope we can serve you again and if you have any issues at all, please bring them to the immediate attention of the nursing supervisor or myself.

Sincere thanks, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

June 17, 2014

The Watermark at Logan Square is very nice and very upscale. The rooms are very nice. The person that gave me the tour was courteous. There are a lot of activities that they do there. I know they have recreational activities, and they have an exercise room. Overall, they seem to have everything pretty much covered.

May 30, 2014

By Jean48

I have a brother-in-law at The Watermark and a couple of friends. They're happy that they're there. It's very posh. It's very expensive. I've had meals there. The food is absolutely top shelf, and the accommodations, depending on what you're paying for, can be deluxe. It's definitely the nicest place. Their dining room is super. As far as the accommodations, I guess it's what you're willing to pay. My brother-in-law has a very nice 1-bedroom. He has a living room, bedroom, bathroom, and plenty of storage space, and he has help coming in. As far as I know, he's fine and as happy as he can be. There are programs all over the place. They have a barber shop and a beauty parlor. It's like a high class hotel and a beautiful building in the downtown area, and they have a bus that takes you farther downtown to the shopping center. It's very convenient. If you don't want to take a bus, or if you've missed the bus, there are always cabs around to get. It has every amenity you can think of, but that's why it's so expensive.

May 21, 2014

By Myrna Bloom Marcus

Our love affair began a few weeks ago when the dream of living in center city Philadelphia became a possibility. Now a reality for me and my husband for one week, The Watermark feels like a luxury hotel, and like home at the same time. An extraor-dinarily friendly and helpful staff, fine restaurant eager to please, daily activities exercising both body and mind - all are already evident. Stimulating conversations with real people sharing interests and life stories are easily engaged in, views of the city are spectacular. In love, yes. Hoping to live here for a long time, yes. No place could be a happier one.

December 22, 2013

By mise13

Lovely building. Very pleasant and helpful staff. But Mom has waited over 45 minutes for an aid to come when she rings- a real problem for a bedridden patient.

December 10, 2013

By Toniblain

The community is beautiful and the few times I have visited, I just absolutely love it. The building is clean, the employees are wonderfully friendly and most certainly the food is great. I would highly recommend seniors to consider moving in.

September 08, 2013

By babraid

My mom and dad both lived there (mom in asst living. dad in the alzheimer's unit), and for the price it was an ok place. A few things to note before moving there: 1. Parking is extremely limited. 2. The apts have a shower in the tub, and some tubs still have the regular high sides. You will be asked to pay about $800 (I forget exact amount) if you need the side cut down to make entry easier. 3. Staffing is EXTREMELY lean. Average wait time for call-bell response is 1/2 hour, on assisted living and in rehab. I timed this on 5 occasions in both rehab and assisted living b/c mom wouldn't ring for help to get to the bathroom, saying there was no point in ringing. 4. The elevators are really slow, even tho I see a response from someone about elevator upgrades, they are still super-slow. 5. After living there for a while both mom and dad were required by the Watermark to have personal aides. Be sure to understand how and when this mandate may go into effect for your loved one. It's very expensive, and altho sometimes necessary, this wasn't something the marketing people brought up--what will happen when they don't have the staff to take care of your parent. All that being said, there are some genuinely caring people there. When dad died the staff did everything they could to make that time easier for mom.

August 14, 2013

By Arnold3

The Watermarks is a reasonable place. But they had been very lean with staffing and they don't have the ratio of staff to people to provide the right level of support.

July 12, 2013

I didn't care for The Watermark because I felt I was like a camper when I was there. I went around dinner time and everybody was waiting outside the locked dining room and that made me feel very uncomfortable that everybody was sort of herd together and waiting in their wheelchair and stuff. I thought also that it was an old hotel that became a residential community. It was really too big for me and I didn't like the size of it.

June 12, 2013

By Deborah12

Watermark is a very well-kept facility. My mother has a small one-bedroom unit there that she couldn't get anywhere for a similar price. That's one of the reasons she decided to stay in Philadelphia. The staff was fine though I didn't have much interaction with them. The food is also good, not great, but for all the people that they're feeding there, it is pretty good.

October 22, 2012

By Erica Rivera

The Place is great, however the elevators are terrible. My mother struggles to make it to dinner on time and most eleavators are always down. The director of security is terrible. myy mother waited 2 weeks for a mail box key, and God forbid she needed something else. she is 95 and does not need to wait that long especially for all we pay. I want to know how i can reach the human resources regional manger and make a complaint. I complained to the executive diretor multiple times and still nothing.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that your experience at The Watermark was anything less than extraordinary. My team and I are committed to making every experience a positive one. Here's what's in progress to solve the issues. Regarding keys, we have increased shipment orders to maintain stock at all times. No new resident should ever have to wait for a key again. Regarding the elevators, we have instituted a new policy that there will be no moves to our community (which take a lot of space on the elevators) during peak hours or meal times. Additionally, we now have operators manning the elevators during dinner hours and high traffic event times. We have also purchased software that will adjust the load capacity. It actually slightly reduces the load capacity and therefore will prevent overloading which will greatly expedite timing. I would be glad to speak with you about your concerns. Please call my cell at 215-375-4465 any time if you would like to discuss this or any matter. Additionally, if you would like to speak with our National Director of Human Resources, you can reach Mike Burkhart at 520-797-4000. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director, The Watermark at Logan Square.

August 27, 2012

By tsg

My most recent memory of the Watermark was my great-grandmother's 100th birthday party. The staff was great help and they even provided us with plates for our cake. I think that my great-grandmother lived out her final years in happiness thanks to the care from the people at the Watermark.The reason I gave the facility three stars as opposed to five stars is the fact that my great-grandmother was not able to bring her car with her. I understand that it may be policy to have no animals at the the center, but it would have made the transition much easier on her. Furthermore, as great as the staff was; the center was extremely understaffed. There was a general sense of chaoticness in the facility which is really the opposite of what you want somewhere like that. Other than that, I believe that this facility provides a fairly smooth transition from everyday civilian life, the life in an assisted living facility.

March 27, 2012

By marksemily14

The staff is always helpful when I enter the facility. My boyfriend's grandparents are both residents and when several times they had some serious health problems they were taken care of with delicacy and professionalism. While I find that it is very pricey, the service is quite excellent. I would put my own grandmother there.

June 30, 2011

By elemide

Aaaahh.. talk about retiring in style. This is the complete package if you ask me. Has a five-star hotel themed setting and comes with everything one requires; a fitness center, barbershop and lady's salon, massage parlor, chefs, a bar, front patios and balconies that over-look the rest of the city and a 24 hour staff on stand-by for one's every need. Been to a number of retirement facilities and can say this ranks high and is among one the better managed retirement centers there is within the Philadelphia area. If I was ever to retire tomorrow and having to consider a home away from my home, this would be it.

June 24, 2011

By SteveRol

My mother has resided in the Watermark's independent living section for a few years now. I have found that the community is Great. Also, the nursing care for the independent living folks is excellent. They are responsive (to both the resident and their families), have excellent judgment, get to know the residents as people, not just diagnoses. All the staff members I have dealt with are well-trained, patient, and understand what is required when working with senior citizens. What a great place for my mother to live independently! This is a full-service community setting where warmth, caring and integrity are but a part of what I see as the vision that creates The Watermark's culture! The fantastic staff always have smiles and warm words for both residents and visitors. It really seems that the associates have a great interest in the success and wellbeing of the residents and the community at large. In addition to the great atmosphere, there is a huge comfort level in knowing that there are skilled staff members just a call away at all times. This is a great place and I have recommended many of my friends to explore this as an opportunity and a great place for their parents also! My mother says moving to the Watermark has turned out to be one of the best lifestyle choices she could have made. Partly because of the Watermark's proximity to philadelphia. In addition, therer are daily events presented right here at the Watermark such as recitals, instructive classes, etc. Last, but not least, there is the comaraderie of the many friends you meeti and socialize with, as well as the services of a caring staff. Again, The staff is extremely caring and takes each resident's wellbeing seriously. They go out of their way to help them through the inevitable difficulties that emerge for old people. Nothing in this world is better than feeling secure!!

May 31, 2011

By JoshP4ri5

Visited this facility

My grandmother lives at this facility, I really enjoy visiting her and she truly enjoys living there. Its located in a really nice area of Philadelphia so I feel safe visiting my grandmother, and I have never heard of her feeling un easy about traveling around the area. They have a really great services that they provide to help keep residents busy. There is a hair salon that my grandmother goes to located on site as well as a day spa, i am not sure how often she goes there but im positive that she takes advantage of it because lord knows i would!. They have a excellent restaurant that we go to from time to time when i visit her the food is pretty good and the staff is very nice and professional. My grandma lives in the one bedroom apartment and it has the feel of a luxury hotel, I not know how much she pays but it is worth every penny.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Watermark At Logan Square

December 27, 2015

By Rubin B.

I am 93, and I am normally not a complainer, but I was pushed to the edge at Watermark! I was a patient at Watermark for over a month. I was brought to the rehab/nursing facility at Watermark by ambulance from Magee Rehabilitation Hospital on Saturday, April 25, 2015. I was immobile due to a hip fracture, and I was also suffering from a bedsore. I was put into a bed by the ambulance attendants and just left there, completely unattended for hours. When someone finally came in, I said that I had a bed sore and needed to be turned every two hours, but I was told that no one there could touch me until I was evaluated. I was not evaluated until the next day, and was not taken care of at all for any of my medical needs! Despite the fact that I had severe edema and my legs were terribly swollen (approximately 24 lb. of excess water), and the fact that I am diabetic, it was difficult to get the appropriate diet. Even though this is supposed to be a skilled nursing facility, the dietary staff seems unable to grasp the concept that they are dealing with patients who have different medical dietary requirements. There was also a problem with the dietary staff either not filling out menus or not getting the information at all on menu requests. A major problem at Watermark is that they don't have enough employees to take care of patients. Even though I was not supposed to get out of bed myself, after waiting over 20 minutes for someone to help me get to the bathroom, I risked falling and hobbled there myself. I had such a hard time using the toilet that I ended up messing up the bathroom. Another time, when I had difficulty using a urinal in bed, an aide refused to help me telling me that I had to learn to do it myself. When I said I would report her, she said, "Go ahead, report me!" For three days, I was not given my diabetic medication. I was told that the pharmacy hadn't delivered it yet. I was given the same reason when I did not get my glaucoma eye drop. Obviously, the nursing staff doesn't keep up with pharmacy prescriptions in a timely way. When my diabetic medication was there, the nursing staff did not administer it at the proper time in relation to meals, something that's very important for a diabetic. At one point, when I was about to get insulin, I had to have a quick bathroom trip, but the nurse just left. I had to track her down to have her give me my insulin. I was still non-weightbearing when I had an appointment with a doctor outside of Watermark. I was in a wheelchair, and Watermark was supposed to send me to the doctor in a van with an aide. They said they couldn't spare anyone and wanted to send me alone in the van. Fortunately, they were able to send an aide with me, maybe because they would have been legally responsible if I had been injured on the trip to the doctor. I had so many problems with the care I was receiving that I requested a meeting with the head of Watermark, the head nurse, the nutritionist, and the social worker. Only the head nurse, the nutritionist, and the social worker came to the meeting, and after 20 minutes, the head nurse said they had to leave and I should put my complaints in writing. When I did thank the head nurse for sending me to the doctor with an aide, she knew nothing about it. She pointed her finger at me and said, "You didn't tell me that an aide went with you to the doctor!" I answered her, "Am I your patient or your employee?" She backed off. On another occasion, I was sent to a doctor's appointment, without a aide. Needless to say, the problems and concerns I raised at the meeting were ignored. When I was supposed to be returned to Magee Rehabilition Hospital after being approved by my doctor for weight bearing on May 13th, the Watermark social worker acted as though he had never requested a hospital transfer before and endlessly delayed my transfer back to Magee--a scheduled transfer that never took place. Since the Watermark facility is only approved for 30 days, this delay cost me a lot of money, which I would not have had to pay if I had been properly transferred to Magee. A Watermark administrator actually came to my room with a bill when I was two days over the 30-day limit! That wasn't the end, though, and another bill arrived when I got home. The only good thing about Watermark was the physical therapy department. When I entered Watermark initially as a rehab patient, I was actually interested in possibly moving to a Watermark apartment when I was back on my feet. My experience there was so horrible that I would never recommend Watermark to anyone. Even the people who are healthy and enjoy the independent lifestyle at Watermark must fear the possibility of needing the nursing care on the second floor.

I’m very sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. I reviewed the care and communication records of your stay with us this past summer. I would like to learn about your admission experience; could you please contact me at 215-563-1800 at your convenience? I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction and hope to speak with you soon. Thank you for helping us learn more and improve. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

February 10, 2015

By oldie but goodie1

My mother was at The Watermark a couple of years ago. It was good. They are assisted living, but they also have a rehab. Our rehab experience with them was excellent. They had incredible physical therapists. They really worked my mother well. They prepared her to go home. My only complaint about The Watermark was the food. My mother was very unhappy with the food. She didn't like it. She said the food was very bland.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Watermark At Logan Square

March 23, 2015

The Watermark is one of the places that I visited. My parents are both there for rehabilitation right now. My dad has been there for a couple of weeks, and mom has been there for a month. They have a tremendous rehab. It is excellent. They have activities. They have a Saint Patrick's Day party. On Saturday, they had Irish dancers. The people are there for rehabilitation for the most part, but they have a tremendous activities program in their assisted living. I will recommend it to elderly people who need rehabilitation. It is a very nice place. It looks like a hotel, and it is like being in a hotel. I had a tour there, and I was looking at it as a possibility for assisted living. Then my parents ended up in the hospital. My father went into the hospital first, and then my mother went into the hospital, but she was there for a short time. When I was looking for a short-term rehabilitation for her, The Watermark is one of the places that first come to my mind. It is one of the top choices, and they were able to place her there. Then a couple of weeks later, they were able to place my father there. We have been very blessed.

December 30, 2014

By Charles99305250

Watermark in Logan Square is a highly thought of place. It is a high rise, and the only reason I am not thinking seriously of it is that I have ties to my church, and my office is still in Doylestown, otherwise I would consider Watermark as perhaps my first choice.

December 05, 2014

By Juanita5

I appreciated the cleanliness and the customer service at The Watermark At Logan Square. They were wonderful and very open. The facility was very clean. I liked the openness. They had a lot of activities. There was movement. The staff was very knowledgeable, which I appreciated the most. They were very friendly. I did notice that everyone was in the main hall. They were engaged and talking. The people were not just in their rooms. I absolutely recommend The Watermark at Logan Square.

July 06, 2014

The visit to Watermark was fine, and the representative, Therese, was very helpful in making things work for my mom. They have larger rooms in the apartments and the food was great, but the price was not in our range. They have a lot more activities. The building is beautiful and huge. They have two different restaurants that you could eat at.

February 27, 2014

I was up at Watermark Logan Square in November. It was very nice. It was a delightful place and very enjoyable to live there. The staff was wonderful. No problem at all. The apartments were adequate. They have all kind of games, a gym, library, because there's a lot of culture. There's one meal a day. It seemed like a lovely facility, very clean, and it looked a fun place to be. It's like a summer camp for adults. The problem has been the weather in Philadelphia. They have more snow that's why I'm not jumping in it.

January 06, 2014

By Maureen9

The Watermark at Logan Square sent me literatures, floor plans, price listings and other things, so I went there with my friend. I asked various questions and the woman very nicely answered everything. The facility was clean, well-kept, gorgeous and lovely. There was no big buy-in, it was a rental place. If you needed services, just pay extra for it. So it was more manageable. She showed me a two-bedroom apartment. It was of good size and very roomy. They had very nice apartments. We went to the dining room but I did not eat because I was in a hurry, but we could have eaten there. Overall, I thought it was a great place and within my price range. Everybody I knew would like to live there.

July 10, 2013

By Addae

The Watermark is a very lovely community. It's right here in the city and it's accessible to all of the theaters and the museums in the area and I like that. It's one of those places that have different levels of care with separate locations, active living which is what I'm still doing and if I progress to need something else it'll be there as well. The rooms are very spacious but it's quite pricey. The staff was very friendly and I liked that a lot. I definitely would recommend Watermark to others.

November 15, 2012

By spinnler

The Watermark at Logan Square was not a place for us when you take in consideration of the age of the population. Everyone relied on the elevator but only one of them is working that day. It was extremely lonely and there was no parking facility. It just didn't fit us. However the staff is absolutely fine.

May 11, 2012

By Naqweda

My mother has resided in the Watermark's independent living section for over 3 yrs. I have found that overall, the community is well run. In particular, the nursing care for the independent living folks is excellent. They are responsive (to both the resident and her family), have excellent judgment, get to know the residents as people, not just diagnoses. All the staff members I have dealt with are well-trained, patient, and understand what is required when working with senior citizens. In the years my mother has lived there, the food has gone from being OK or mediocre to very good to excellent.

January 20, 2012

By PhillyGrandaughter

The Watermark has been a good place for my grandparents to transition to a new phase in their lives. The staff of the Watermark all appear to be knowledgeable and relatively familiar with the residents, however, the front desk staff is a bit inconsistent. There seems to be a lot of turn-over, and I've never seen the same person behind the desk. As a result, they don't seem to recognize repeat visitors, which would make the place seem a bit friendlier. My grandparents are always given their medicine on time and the in-house doctor is very responsive to our calls. My grandparents' room is always very clean. They are also well-looked after as sometimes they will forget to eat, and someone always comes and checks on them. The staff has been very kind and responsive to my grandmother's alzheimers. All in all, I am pleased with the service my grandparents have received at the Watermark.

July 18, 2011

By Anonymous-1

This is beautiful facility with very nice decorations. They have a on site doctors office, and a very large open space for residents to eat together. The health care units are both very well layed out and allow residents to move around freely while still being safe. The apartments are very large and have amazing views of the surrounding city landscape. They also have many outside activies for the residents to take part in and bus trips and shopping trips. The only problem I can see is finding parking
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

• Renal

• French
  • Spanish

• Staff Patient Ratio: Based On The Need Of The Resident
  • Minimum Age: 62+ (There Can Be Exceptions)

• Licenses: Personal Care, Rehab, and SNF licence

About The Watermark At Logan Square

The Watermark at Logan Square in Philadelphia PA is rental retirement community that offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing on a campus that bristles with all the excitement of Center City living. Choose from spacious one-bedroom models to our gorgeous penthouse suites, all recently renovated from top to bottom. The Club brings many aspects of wellness together in one place: Indulge Salon, a full-service beauty salon and spa, Renew Wellness Center, which offers nutritional and preventive care, Vitality Fitness Center and the eco-friendly Gallery Café. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Watermark at Logan Square offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

Map of The Watermark At Logan Square