William Penn founded Bucks County in 1682 as one of the original counties of Pennsylvania. It’s now home to more than 625,000 people, an estimated 10.3% of whom are aged 65 and over. These seniors have access to several organizations dedicated to senior well-being as well as high-quality medical care, including one of the highest-ranked hospitals in the entire state, Lehigh Valley Hospital. According to Genworth’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey, the average cost for nursing homes in Bucks County is relatively high. A semiprivate room in a nursing home facility costs an average of $12,471 per month, and a private room costs $13,688.

Nursing homes provide care for seniors who require a more intense level of medical attention and supervision. Nursing home services can include everything from 24-hour emergency care to comprehensive assistance with daily activities. Due to this high level of care, it’s usually more expensive to stay in a nursing facility. Hiring home health care aides or staying in an assisted living facility may be more affordable options for many seniors.

In this guide, seniors and their families can learn more about the free resources available in Bucks County and cost information for different types of care.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Bucks County, PA

Juniper Village at Bucks County

3200 Bensalem Boulevard, Bensalem, PA, 19020

The staff and feel of the place were much better before becoming Juniper. My parents and others have expressed concern over changes that were made and how it is affecting the staff. In addition, th … (read more)

Majestic Oaks Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

333 Newtown Road, Warminster, PA, 18974

Majestic Oaks Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is very caring and very professional. We haven’t had any issues with them at all. I have no complaints. The staff is very patient, helpful, and understa … (read more)

Pennswood Village

ROUTE 413, Newtown, PA, 18940

Greenleaf Nursing Home

400 SOUTH MAIN STREET, Doylestown, PA, 18901

I wrote a better review earlier today. But I asked for my pain medicine at 410pm that I am permitted to get every six hours. I should have received it at 425pm. It is now 630 and has come in three tim … (read more)

Wesley Enhanced Living Doylestown

200 Veterans Lane, Doylestown, PA, 18901

First what is good about this facility. it is clean well cared for, it even smells "normal" I don’t think the food is anything to rave about, but I think a lot of that has to do with the dietary re … (read more)

Neshaminy Manor

1660 Easton Road, Warrington, PA, 18976

If you have a family member on Hospice and facing eminent death DO NOT take them to Neshaminy Manor. Staff and administration show no compassion for the family whatsoever only allowing two people in … (read more)

The Community at Rockhill

3250 State Road, Sellersville, PA, 18960

My mom was in Rockhill Mennonite Community for rehab. It was a good company. They had very nice staff. They had arts and crafts, bingo, and physical therapy. They also had a pool. The food looked like … (read more)

Masonic Village at Warminster

850 Norristown Road, Warminster, PA, 18974

We placed my mother in Masonic Village at Warminster. It is a very nice center, and she likes it there. Obviously, it has secured doors, and there was somebody in the office at the time I first visite … (read more)

Pickering Manor

226 NORTH LINCOLN AVE, Newtown, PA, 18940

My mom moved into Pickering Manor in Newtown and they’ve been great. There’s a lot of activities, socialization, and good food. She initially had rehab there but she is not doing well, she’s declining … (read more)

Chandler Hall

99 Barclay Street, Newtown, PA, 18940

When I visited my aunt I was amazed at how kind and helpful all of the staff members were and the exceptional care they provided to her. The facility itself is beautiful and it has a friendly feel to … (read more)

Renaissance Gardens at Ann’s Choice

16000 Ann’s Choice Way, Warminster, PA, 18934

My parents spent their whole lives in the Detroit area. They didn’t want to move too far away if and when they needed care. After my mother passed and my father needed care I found a beautiful place c … (read more)

Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center

820 Durham Road, Newtown, PA, 18940

I was so disappointed with this facility. I was hoping to put my Dad here but after touring the place, I plan to take him elsewhere. This nursing home is very depressing. It’s dark, dirty and smells h … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services – Yardley

1480 Oxford Valley Road, Yardley, PA, 19067

I wrote a review after I was released from Manor care.I would be remiss if I did not mention the Lady Doctor I had in this facility.Her name is Dr. Fox.She was so kind and understandinding to my situa … (read more)

Attleboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

300 E Winchester Ave, Langhorne, PA, 19047

this is the most awful place! Short staffed. Current staff rude, unhelpful and some are really nasty. dirty place, refuse to help older residents to bathroom and/or lets them sit for hours on bedpa … (read more)

Phoebe Richland Community

108 South Main Street, Richlandtown, PA, 18955

My mother died at this place They failed to test staff for Covid. Stay away.
My mother died at this place They failed to test staff for Covid. Stay away.

Southampton Estates

238 Street Road, Southampton, PA, 18966

I had family members at Southampton Estates for 20 years in all 3 stages of care….I agree with the cleanliness issues- a bathroom was left covered in diarrhea for 3 days while my relative was hospit … (read more)

Statesman Woods

2619 Trenton Rd, Levittown, PA, 19056

Statesman Woods Living Center’s faculty is very friendly and helpful. It’s a small facility so I felt that the residents would receive better care there. They seem to really care about the residents. … (read more)

Pine Run Community

777 Ferry Road, Doylestown, PA, 18901

My 91-year-old mother and my husband have both been in the Pine Run Health Center for acute rehab after stays in the hospital. My mom has been at Pine Run 4 or 5 different times for several weeks at a … (read more)

Lifequest Nursing Center

2450 JOHN FRIES HIGHWAY, Quakertown, PA, 18951

My mother lived with me for more than 2 years. When her medical needs became more involved than what I could handle (I’m not a nurse), I placed her in LifeQuest nursing home. Huge mistake! On her F … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

In Bucks County, the average monthly cost for a semiprivate room in a nursing home is $12,471. The monthly estimate for a private room is $13,688.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

At an estimated cost of $12,471 per month, Bucks County is the most expensive area for nursing home care in Western Pennsylvania. It’s also significantly higher than the state and national averages of $10,038 and $7,756, respectively. Reading has the next most expensive nursing care in the region at $11,724 per month, followed by East Stroudsburg at $11,323. The most populous city in the state, Philadelphia, averages $11,285. The most affordable area in the region is Scranton, where seniors can expect to pay about $9,985 per month.

$12471

Reading

$9985

Scranton

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Like most other areas of the country, families can expect nursing homes to be the most expensive type of senior care available. Those who only require daytime supervision can use adult day health care, which costs an average of $1,625 per month. Seniors at home can opt for homemaker services or a home health care aide for about $4,576 per month. Assisted living communities in Bucks County cost an average of $3,550.

$4576

Adult day health care

$3550

Assisted living

$12471

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$13688

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Bucks County was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Allentown, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Free Resources for Seniors in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Several free resources in or near Bucks County make life easier for seniors at home, transitioning to a nursing home or living in a nursing home facility. In some cases, these resources can delay the need for nursing home care.

ResourceContactService
Bucks County Area Agency on Aging (AAA)(267) 880-5700This local AAA offers several different programs that aim to improve the quality of life for seniors in and out of nursing homes. These include nutrition assistance, care management, legal assistance and home-delivered meals. Their Older Adult Protect Services Program investigates reports of abuse and neglect while their Ombudsman Program advocates on behalf of residents at long-term care facilities.
Bucks County Assistance Office(215) 781-3300The assistance office in Bucks County, part of Pennsylvania’s Department of Health, provides benefits and services to low-income seniors. These include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), health care coverage, home heating, cash assistance and long-term living services. New applications and renewals for services are accepted at the Bucks County Assistance Office and online through the COMPASS system.
Central Bucks Senior Activity Center(215) 348-0565Through various stimulating and entertaining programs, this non-profit center gives seniors in Bucks County the opportunity to express themselves and share their lives with the community. In addition to activities like yoga and dancing, the center organizes excursions to fun destinations, including casinos and seaside resorts. Volunteers are responsible for running many activities, and seniors are encouraged to give their time when they can.
Bucks County Transport (BCT)(215) 794-8360Seniors in Bucks County who need transportation to and from medical appointments can ride for free with Bucks County Transport by applying for their Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP). Rides are available Monday through Friday, and special arrangements can be made for trips on evenings and weekends. Seniors also get discounts to other destinations in Bucks County through BCTs shared-ride program.