Willson House

Willson House (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Willson House

Assisted Living Reviews for Willson House

December 23, 2014

Willson House is kept clean. The kitchen, dining room, and bathroom are kept really clean. The rooms are small. The staff is very nice, respectful, and willing to answer lots of questions. They provide Hoyer lift and 2-people lift. I guess the big thing is the bingo. They also have a Bible study every Wednesdays, but they're not exactly church services. The dining area is very nice. As far as the food goes, there's an alternate meal like a corned beef sandwich. They have certain things they offer ongoing, like a restaurant menu that you can get at lunch time and dinner time. It's a restaurant setting. They're open from 7 in the mornings till 6 at night. Their food is tolerable and pretty good. They need to improve on the way they awaken people in the morning. But some changes have been implemented. I guess my reaction would be if you plan on finding a place here, it's close, and it's tolerable. The caregivers were caring. 90% of them do a really good job.

December 29, 2013

When we visited Willson House there were activities going on and people were out and about it. They seem to have a good and positive environment. I think they are understaffed. The staff were low compared to the number of residents that they have. The strength of that facility is that they have on-site child care center and there is a lot of intergenerational activity and I think that is good for both the youngers and the seniors. The person who gave us the tour was the receptionist and she really could not answer pretty basic questions.

July 26, 2011

By hfamily101

Other

I have with a few ladies who were residents of this facility and I am impressed everytime I see the relations the staff have with the residents. When you walk in, it feels like your at home, by the constant smiles and realness in their talk. How well in tune they are with the care and the residents themselves. The residents feel good about where they are and thisis such an important feeling to have when you've lost so much to actively dying. They nurture and continue friendships and are all together very close.

Costs for Willson House

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Inter Generational Activities With Our Day Care

About Willson House

Welcome to Willson House, an assisted living community for seniors located in beautiful Salem, Oregon.

Nestled in a park-like setting along the Mill Creek, Willson House offers a rich tradition of providing compassionate care in a warm, friendly environment since 1909.

Support can be as simple as making life easier or as complex as helping with all activities of daily living. With nurses on site on a daily basis, Willson House is uniquely positioned to offer increasing care and support as a person's care needs change without requiring a relocation to a new living environment.

The restaurant at Willson House offers a full menu from 7 am - 6 pm, with breakfast served all day. Many specials are available, too. Whether our residents want a full meal, or just to enjoy coffee and cookies with a friend, it's their choice. And not that we mean to boast, but our food is really, really good! We invite you to join us for lunch and taste it for yourself.

Map of Willson House