Special Touch Living

Reviews of Special Touch Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Special Touch Living

October 13, 2016

By Rhonda776163

Special Touch Living's location is very nice. It's in a neighborhood, so the residents don't feel like they're in some type of institution. It's very quiet and very peaceful. They have outdoor areas, front porch, and they also have a nice back patio where they can go outside. It's very clean. Mico and Kurt, the owners, were fabulous. I was the POA of the resident, and I was always in the loop of what was going on with my friend. I appreciate that very much. They have to go right by the book of what the doctor says, and that can be frustrating sometimes because they have to have a script for everything. But it's really for the residents' safety, so that's a good thing. I always felt that my loved one was in good care when she was there, so I rate it very high. I like both Mico and Kurt very much. The residents there are treated with respect and the decency that they deserve in their later years. It's more than just an institution. They also coordinate with PT and OT that come in to work. I was very pleased. They were very open to any time I wanted to come in and visit, but I always call just to make sure that PT or OT wasn’t there. The communication was excellent between me and the facility. My loved one has been at other facility where the communication wasn't there, so I appreciate being kept abreast of everything that was going on at the home.
Thank you very much, we really enjoyed having your loved one with us!

Questions about Special Touch Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Special Touch Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

70 and up

What programs or activities does Special Touch Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Arts CraftsParks design to Simulate memory

What places are near Special Touch Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Parks,Shopping,centers, restaurants churches

What transportation services does Special Touch Living offer to assisted living residents?

We provide Private an alternative transportation providers.

What makes the chef or dining program at Special Touch Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We provide delicious and healthy menus .

What safety features or security measures does Special Touch Living offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour monitoring security system

How does Special Touch Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Either monthly or weekly Face to face, Telephone or email updates

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Special Touch Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

1 to 5 ratio!9!

If Special Touch Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Visitation Of pets outside only

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Owners & staff are Frequently training in areas Dementia, Alzheimers, care and safety of residents.

What safety features or security measures does Special Touch Living provide to protect residents who wander?

Wonder Guards and 24 hour monitoring security system

Costs for Special Touch Living

Photos of Special Touch Living

Services and Amenities of Special Touch Living

• Housing Extra: Private & Shared Rooms

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: FC1060141

• About Special Touch Living

Special Touch Living senior assisted living home is the alternate choice to nursing home placement. Our Residential assisted living home is perfect for seniors who want to live a stress-free lifestyle while keeping their dignity and independence. We provide assistance to residents who may require 24/7 care and attention.

At Special Touch living you will benefit from the amenities that our Residential assisted living home has to offer, while enjoying safety, security and peace of mind. Special Touch Living is located in Huntersville, North Carolina and tucked away in the quiet Shepherds Vineyard neighborhood and close to two major hospitals, parks, churches, shopping centers and senior citizens centers.

Our ultimate goal is to care for you or your loved one with dignity, compassion, love and respect. Our licensed and certified staff has several years of nursing experience and resides on the property to assist residents with top quality care 24/7.

As a new family member, you will receive three home cooked meals, assistance with eating, bathing, dressing, incontinent , grooming, quite and safe neighborhood, large back patio, 24/7 care, experienced CNA‘S / RN, laundering service, private and semi-private rooms.

Aside from our attractive activities program, we take pleasure in making sure that our residential home bears no resemblance to an institutionalized facility. We take pride in offering our residents a lavishly decorated home with hardwood floors throughout and nice carpeting in the bedrooms.

Map of Special Touch Living