Abbotswood at Irving Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Abbotswood at Irving Park

Independent Living Reviews for Abbotswood at Irving Park

April 23, 2015

By Grandma'sGirl25

My grandma lives at Abbotswood and I visit her often. It's a nice place, but they should make some changes. I watched the cleaning lady clean the shower with the same rag she cleaned the toilet with. Then after she swept the floor and vacuumed I could still see dirt. Grandma said she always takes a brush and dust pan and cleans the leftover dirt after the cleaning lady leaves. Also, several employees of the maintenance team are very rude and do not seem to put any care into their work...some are very lazy.

Dear Grandma’sGirl25,

I am sorry to learn of the experience you and your grandmother had at our community. Our Environmental Services Department holds itself to a very high standard here at Abbotswood at Irving Park and the practices that you describe are not a part of that standard.

Honesty, integrity and accountability are a part of our core beliefs as a Kisco Senior Living Community and it is very important to us that the services we deliver are reflective of those beliefs.

We frequently get feedback from individuals who not only praise our service but also appreciate how our dedicated staff make Abbotswood at Irving Park not just a community, but a home. We take all feedback seriously as we seek to continuously improve. If at any time you feel that your grandmother is not getting the very best quality service, I invite you to come speak with me in person. Please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Allison Pait

Executive Director

Abbotswood at Irving Park – A Kisco Community

September 14, 2014

By Hollis2

Abbotswood at Irving Park is a beautiful facility, and it is built in a square with a beautiful courtyard in the middle. The staff is fabulous, fantastic. In my parents' facility, most of the apartments open up to the outside, the others open up to little neighborhood areas, and they all have living rooms where they commune. It is very, very nice. I would definitely recommend this to people who are looking for places to live as they get older. The food is OK, and the dining area is nice. There is no buffet -- it is all sit-down, and they have a nice selection of choices. Their soups are delicious, they have good desserts, and you can get a glass of wine if you want one. They also have a little café, so if you prefer to just have a little sandwich in this café, it is really nice as well. They have activities like Bingo, movies, a lot of music in the evening, different people coming in to play music, always different things around the holidays, craft things, trips around town, and they have drivers that take them to the doctor's, grocery stores, and other places. They have a free bus, I think, once a week that goes to the shopping center and another one that goes to the grocery store. My parents have lived in this facility for six years. They had just moved from independent to assisted living.

July 29, 2011

This magnificent facility is a two-tier, three floor facility that will take your breath away. I only have one complaint and even then I am going to give it five stars. That is how wonderful this place is. I walked through the double doors and I thought I was in a six-star resort. I visited the three-floor side of the buildings. This tier is for people who can get around on their own but may need help from time to time. When I first got there I had to wait to be helped for about five minutes but after that, I had a blast. I spent almost an hour with my "host" being shown around the property. She showed me every single thing they had to offer from the style of rooms they had to offer to the game room to the barber shop. Every single resident was happy, not a frown on any face. Everyone was having a blast. In fact, there were three elderly ladies playing on the Wii game system in the game room competing like it was the Olympics. These women had to be in their 80's or 90's. The age limit to get in this facility is 55 but they said they would make an exception if need be. How many places could say that they would do that for people? This is definitely the best assisted living center I have seen yet and I can honestly say that I may not see a better one.

Memory Care Reviews for Abbotswood at Irving Park

Costs for Abbotswood at Irving Park

Photos of Abbotswood at Irving Park

Services and Amenities of Abbotswood at Irving Park

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: HAL-041-060

About Abbotswood at Irving Park

Here you will find a close-knit community with outstanding “family” relationships between associates and residents. Abbotswood at Irving Park is full of the vibrant energy of both residents and associates who love being served and serving others. Our central location in Irving Park means you’ll find plenty going on. Cultural events, historical sites, beautiful parks, a central city library, downtown Greensboro restaurants, theatre, and shopping are all close.

Amenities:

• Option to add washer/dryer
  • Choose from a variety of dining plans
  • All-day dining hours with two on-site restaurant venues
  • Sunday brunch served weekly
  • Cottage maintenance with 7 days / week coverage
  • Guest accommodations available
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping
  • Personal chauffeur service available
  • Signature Art of Living Well® programs including social and educational events as well as day trips
  • Balance and mobility programs
  • Progression of care with licensed Assisted Living
  • Licensed secure Assisted Living specializing in Memory support
  • Private pay nursing services available

Assisted Living/Memory Care Amenities:

• Pricing includes three dining options daily
  • Multiple menu selections and everyday entrees available
  • Beverages and snacks available anytime
  • Diabetic and heart-healthy options available
  • Individualized assistance with daily activities
  • Personal care services, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Medication management
  • Personalized care plan and regular assessments
  • Registered nurse on duty and 24 hour / day personal caregivers
  • Supportive guidance for residents and families
  • Expanded cable and utilities
  • Weekly housekeeping and personal laundry
  • Emergency Response System with individual pendants
  • Manager on duty 7 days / week
  • Apartment maintenance with 7 days / week coverage
  • Scheduled transportation - shopping and medical appointments
  • Personal valet service available
  • Signature Art of Living Well® programs
  • Planned social and educational events and day trips
  • Balance and mobility programs
  • Personal training and wellness assessments available
  • On-site rehabilitation and therapy services
  • Private pay nursing services available

With warm southern hospitality, Abbotswood at Irving Park welcomes you to a community of easy grace and friendly people. A stately Colonial entrance invites you to an elegant lobby with a cozy fireplace. Abbotswood at Irving Park offers a full spectrum of senior living options including premier beautiful cottages, Independent Living residences, Assisted Living apartments, and secure Assisted Living and Memory Support suites in the Elms.

Map of Abbotswood at Irving Park