Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg

Reviews of Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg

Nursing Home Reviews for Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg

August 09, 2016

By Hay Aghchig

They don't care about your family member. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have handed my father's life in their dirty hands. My father was much much better when he was home and in our care. They medicaid all their patients, so they can't talk and say anything about what goes in that building, and how they treat them. Now I have to live with this bad guilt for sending my dear father, who all he did was working hard, and taking care of all of us. No matter what keep your family member at home with you, and under your care. You will feel great at the end.

March 07, 2016

By Dede Orr

Our 91 year mother had two strokes, a series of UTI infections, and was showing early signs of dementia. She needed to gain strength before going home, and have her medications stabilized. The PT and OT departments were warm, caring, friendly and hands on at all times with mom. TEC has an incredible caring and loving staff. Dr. Fermo and her staff on 3 South were exceptionally patient with our mom during the most difficult times. They care about the patient and your entire family which is unique. Dan Schaffer, the facility administrator, checks in on his patients and families on a regular basis. We were extremely impressed with the activities for all patients. Mom likes to stay busy and TEC provided many things to keep her active. The News review, Bingo, religious services, educational movies were some of her favorites. We went to China for Chinese New Year! They even served Chinese food! That was her favorite. The facility is spotless! The location is conveniently located near the Meadowbrook Parkway. The staff really cares about their patients. Take the time to meet them, you won't be disappointed.

March 03, 2016

By KeepFighting!

My wife is battling to recover from 5-brain surgeries --- and a medically induced coma as the result of an infection incurred in a hospital . Transferred to Townhouse, she has shown incremental --- but remarkable improvement. The staff at Townhouse --- in its entirety --- is committed to having her emerge and recover. Nobody can tell how this nightmare will end --- but the work of the entire Townhouse team of caregivers --- Respiratory Therapists; RNs, LPNs, CNAs; OT/PT therapists; --- the members of the engineering and maintenance staff -- even security staff --- provide expert care and personalized contact that cannot be described. They are all professionals. But they give new meaning to the word CARE-givers.

March 03, 2016

By JoyceMH

Everyone at TownHouse from the transporters to the physical and occupational therapists work together to help my rehabilitation. Their enthusiasm and dedication to me was truly amazing. These people make TownHouse a great place for getting better.

November 24, 2015

By Anonymous lady10

My sister and I toured Townhouse Extended Care and loved it, but they have a very long waiting list. The staff was very friendly and outgoing. We happen to know a friend who’s been there and was happy.

April 24, 2015

The rehabilitation staff was good. I did have some current concerns regarding the nursing staff. I think they could be a little quicker in assessing changes in her condition. The facility is very clean. I had no problems with that. It was a very nice looking facility as well. The rooms were clean, and the bathrooms were clean, so that was a plus. I think they can improve on their nursing communication with family members.

October 29, 2014

By mindhunter

Sorry to say that I learned the hard way that this place does not care about their patients. From the person that runs the facility down to the caregivers. Left my mother in her soiled depends for over 2 hours and only changed her because I was yelling at them. They did not respond to the calls for help almost everyday. Good luck if you put someone there.

November 20, 2013

By Caring71908850

My friend was in Townhouse for a couple of weeks for rehab. He has a private room, it was very nice and they kept him close to the nurses' station. The daytime care was okay but the night time care looked like they could use more help. The food was okay but he did complain about the food. Some of the aides need a little more training.

January 30, 2013

By Zaidy

I was very impressed with the level of care and concern that was shown to my family member. The facility is clean and the staff is very friendly and warm.

August 26, 2012

By Kim6

My mom was staying here for 2 months now. So far everything was good. The place was clean and well kept. They have a nice atmosphere and a gardened patios. They have 2 dining areas and they served good food. The people were nice and staff were professional and caring. Everyone was taken care of. I'm glad that we chose this facility!

April 09, 2012

By David_Shin

This place - everything from the environment to the guard to the nurses - was excellent. My grandmother lived in this nursing home for the last 5 years of her life, until she passed away last Thanksgiving. We would visit her every weekend, and she would always tell us how kind the nurses and other patients were.It was a very low-stress, carefree environment with nothing to worry about, because lots of people were available to help. Here's some specific details:STAFF: Professional and kind. Whenever we needed something, they would get it, and actually more often were proactive about washing, cleaning for patients.AMENITIES: Good. This place didn't focus on amenities, but the few it had were kept clean.FACILITIES: Very clean. All the bathrooms and any rooms we visited were always clean and nice smelling. I was almost surprised how consistently clean they were.I am glad my grandmother was there, and that she was under their care until she passed away.

February 22, 2012

By allonsy

As far as nursing homes go, Town House is livable, even pleasant. The atrium, where most of the visiting is done, is a lovely room with a lot of sunlight and a lot of open space. The mobile and sentient patients spend a lot of time here, as do their families and visiting friends. The rest of the facility is basically a hospital, which is to be expected, but still a bit depressing. The staff is extremely pleasant, and do their best to remember family members and friends of patients by name. They treat the patients with respect, and their patience is legendary. When my grandfather was living in Town House, the entire staff, as well as many of the other residents and their families, were very helpful in trying to get him up and about, even when he wasn't necessarily sure what was going on, or where he was.

Services and Amenities of Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg

Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg is a senior living provider in Uniondale, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg for more details on services and rates.

Map of Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation & Nrsg