Island Assisted Living

Reviews of Island Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Island Assisted Living

October 24, 2015

By happy daughyet

I needed a safe environment for my mother and found it here. As said, the staff, from the administration down, is caring and involved. The upkeep is outstanding, it is always clean. The aides are always helpful and friendly. They are very conscientious with medication and care. My mother has been active and made friends. There is much to choose from and I appreciate that they have services in the major religions. The Library has up to date literature plus classics, computers, games, movies, outings, and entertainment that is brought in on a regular basis. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for an alternative living situation for a family member.

October 14, 2015

By ronnie110963

My mom has flourished since moving in. The staff are very nice and it seems they really care about what they do. She loves to go on the trips and there is always something for her to do. It's very clean and a warm place.

August 24, 2015

By Don112105350

Island was kind of dark and dreary to me. It seemed like they were short-staffed, but even then the staff was OK. They do the best that they can, I guess, with what they have. It did seem, at some point, like it was overwhelming to the staff, but they did what they could do. The rooms were tight. I saw the rooms, and I am not even interested in that. They had some basic things like arts and crafts kind of things, group sessions, and things of that nature. They had occupational therapy and physical therapy. Considering all things, the staff was really good. They should get more staff to do the job at hand because when you have workers that are overworked, things aren't done, are overlooked, or are being done in a hasty manner that puts the residents in jeopardy. Because of the staff, I'd give it a three.

Services and Amenities of Island Assisted Living

About Island Assisted Living

Island Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Hempstead, New York that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Island Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Island Assisted Living