Island Assisted Living

Reviews of Island Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Island Assisted Living

December 31, 2015

By GDS

Island Assisted Living not only extended my mother's life but increased the quality of her life as well. After my dad passed away, my mom's health declined and she became increasingly isolated in her own home. From the initial tour, through the application process and move in day, everything went smoothly. My mom's health is attended to with medication management as well as medical professionals on staff. When off site medical visits are needed, appointments and transportation are arranged. My mom's hygiene, taking care of laundry, clean surroundings and preparation of meals, had become a concern. My mom and our family are now at ease with these needs met. Being a social person, with three meals a day provided in the spacious, attractive dining room, as well as activities on site and trips, my mom has met and socializes with others. She especially enjoys the daily wide variety of movies. My mom enjoys the monthly birthday parties and recently raved about the holiday party with endless food and entertainment. My mom has her hair and nails done on a regular basis at the facilities on site beauty parlor. She looks great and this increases her self esteem. I especially appreciate the facility security in that there is always someone at the front desk requesting guest sign in. After a certain time of day, the doors are locked and residents as well as visitors must be buzzed in. Various religious preferences are recognized with regular religious services. Staff is pleasant. Upper management are always available, approachable and happy to address any concerns or needs. At a time when people are living longer, but are not always able to take care of themselves, Island Assisted Living is a welcome option, which my mom and I are grateful for!

October 24, 2015

By happy daughyet

I needed a safe environment for my mother and found it here. As said, the staff, from the administration down, is caring and involved. The upkeep is outstanding, it is always clean. The aides are always helpful and friendly. They are very conscientious with medication and care. My mother has been active and made friends. There is much to choose from and I appreciate that they have services in the major religions. The Library has up to date literature plus classics, computers, games, movies, outings, and entertainment that is brought in on a regular basis. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for an alternative living situation for a family member.

October 14, 2015

By ronnie110963

My mom has flourished since moving in. The staff are very nice and it seems they really care about what they do. She loves to go on the trips and there is always something for her to do. It's very clean and a warm place.

August 24, 2015

By Don112105350

Island was kind of dark and dreary to me. It seemed like they were short-staffed, but even then the staff was OK. They do the best that they can, I guess, with what they have. It did seem, at some point, like it was overwhelming to the staff, but they did what they could do. The rooms were tight. I saw the rooms, and I am not even interested in that. They had some basic things like arts and crafts kind of things, group sessions, and things of that nature. They had occupational therapy and physical therapy. Considering all things, the staff was really good. They should get more staff to do the job at hand because when you have workers that are overworked, things aren't done, are overlooked, or are being done in a hasty manner that puts the residents in jeopardy. Because of the staff, I'd give it a three.

About Island Assisted Living

Island Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Hempstead, New York that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Island Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Island Assisted Living