South Shore Nursing Home

Reviews of South Shore Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for South Shore Nursing Home

March 15, 2014

By dedicateddaughter

This facility was old and decrepit. The help was surly at best and the only attention we got was when we yanked him out after less than 24 hours there. My father had been in the hospital after surgery on his brain. He had many issues and he was put in a room at the end of a long hallway and left there all night with no assistance. I stayed myself just to make sure he was safe. There was yelling and screaming in the hallways with no attempt to quiet or assist the people who were screaming. I would definitely stay away.

June 22, 2012

By Dharohar

My father was admitted to this nursing home from South Nassau Communities Hospital. He was having problems maintaining his balance. On the first day I visited him at this facility, I noticed how well kept the outside grounds were. When I entered the nursing home facility, I was greeted by a receptionist that instructed me to sign in and she directed me to my father's room. The nursing staff was pleasant enough and they always encouraged my father to participate in the community activities which included bingo and crafts. My dad is a very picky eater and he even enjoyed the menu options that were available to him. The choices sounded like something you would find in a 5 star restaurant and menus are tailored to the individual needs of the patient. He went to rehab twice everyday and the therapists were very nice to me and explained his treatment. My father's condition improved quickly and he was discharged in two weeks. The discharge nurse and admissions staff made sure he had everything he needed to continue therapy after he returned home. Great staff, great facility. Highly recommended!

Services and Amenities of South Shore Nursing Home

About South Shore Nursing Home

South Shore Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Freeport, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact South Shore Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of South Shore Nursing Home