South Shore Nursing Home

South Shore Nursing Home (800) 385-2527

Reviews of South Shore Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for South Shore Nursing Home

February 24, 2016

By Run as fast as you can!

The facility is dirty, the nursing staff lack professionalism and compassion, and the admission staff leave a lot to be desired. Both clinical and non clinical staff walk around with mask on. The only bright spot are the Physical Therapists They are the only ones that care about the patient experience. If by chance your loved one is there, get them out as quickly as possible. Be prepared however to deal with a corrupt Admissions personnel. They will do everything they can to delay your transfer.

March 03, 2015

By pippin amanda fair

I am a Nurse, whose Mother was in this facility, aides complained all the time about toileting, bed alarms were not responded to in a timely manner 6 minutes? Too late! Improperly dressed without bra, never groomed, hearing aids left out, wheel chairs left unlocked, aggressive manner in transporting patients in wheelchairs, Mother almost fell out and was stunned by aide, who was abusive and angrily jerked chair backwards then forwards, never announcing herself, creating fear in mother, then disputing the incident after I stopped her and told not to assist my other again! Aides not aware of patients needs thoroughly, don't like their jobs or the patients. Dislike communicating or answering questions at all. NOT HELPFUL!! Have attitudes. Very uncomfortable for family and patients, not safe!!!

March 15, 2014

By dedicateddaughter

This facility was old and decrepit. The help was surly at best and the only attention we got was when we yanked him out after less than 24 hours there. My father had been in the hospital after surgery on his brain. He had many issues and he was put in a room at the end of a long hallway and left there all night with no assistance. I stayed myself just to make sure he was safe. There was yelling and screaming in the hallways with no attempt to quiet or assist the people who were screaming. I would definitely stay away.

June 22, 2012

By Dharohar

My father was admitted to this nursing home from South Nassau Communities Hospital. He was having problems maintaining his balance. On the first day I visited him at this facility, I noticed how well kept the outside grounds were. When I entered the nursing home facility, I was greeted by a receptionist that instructed me to sign in and she directed me to my father's room. The nursing staff was pleasant enough and they always encouraged my father to participate in the community activities which included bingo and crafts. My dad is a very picky eater and he even enjoyed the menu options that were available to him. The choices sounded like something you would find in a 5 star restaurant and menus are tailored to the individual needs of the patient. He went to rehab twice everyday and the therapists were very nice to me and explained his treatment. My father's condition improved quickly and he was discharged in two weeks. The discharge nurse and admissions staff made sure he had everything he needed to continue therapy after he returned home. Great staff, great facility. Highly recommended!

Services and Amenities of South Shore Nursing Home

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About South Shore Nursing Home

South Shore Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Freeport, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact South Shore Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of South Shore Nursing Home