Dominican Village

Reviews of Dominican Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Dominican Village

February 29, 2016

By Jack120138850

Dominican Village was nice but I couldn’t afford them. The people were very good. They offered us a lunch sandwich, to sit down, talk, and have coffee. They showed us the rooms and the outside and everything they had. Everything was fine; it was just the money. They had something for everybody. They had movies to go to. They take people shopping. They had a little place where, once a week, they could go out to have a beer or wine. I liked it.

Thank you for your kind words. We here at Dominican Village work very hard to my certain our residents and families are pleased with the services offered here. Our cost for services and amenities are all inclusive and we can proudly say that our pricing is significantly lower than our competitors, offering the same or comparable amenities and services. Again thank you for visiting Dominican Village

January 29, 2016

By John119000850

Dominican Village was not as fancy as the other place I visited, but they do have independent apartments that have cooking facilities. Very nice apartments, and if you wanted to, you could cook. They have all the other services as well including exercise. They have medical facilities too. There are several buildings. It’s a pretty large place. I found it very clean. The staff was very accommodating. I would have to say that of the places I visited that was the least expensive. They have movies, exercise, and a big card room; pretty much anything you’d want. You would have to live there for anything. The dining area was very nice, extremely adequate, clean, and well-organized. It’s like a restaurant with three meals a day.

Thank you for your positive review. We value client interaction and communication. We are constantly looking for ways we can better serve those of our community especially our senior population and their families. We invite you to visit our website for upcoming community events' we would love to see you again!

September 12, 2015

Dominican Village staff was friendly. The rooms were nice, but they do not have full kitchens or as many activities as other places I've seen. It’s nice and clean. The dining area was nice, clean, and restaurant-looking, and the menu looks fine. The residents were happy.

June 20, 2015

By Caring108091950

Dominican Village is very nice. The staff seems very nice and very pleasant. My parents seem happy there. They do two meals a day in the common dining area. They seem to be happy with the food. They have a social environment there. I know they are trying to give my parents involved in it, but my mother is ill at the moment, so it is not going very well on that, but hopefully overtime it will. The apartment is fine. It is almost as big as the area that they are using in the house. From my visit so far, I will recommend it.

June 13, 2015

Dominican Village is just a lovely place with beautiful grounds, the meals are good, and the price was very affordable; that's the thing that is very important. Everybody was very nice. There was no problem with that at all. My parents have been here for two months now.

January 29, 2015

By Steven15

We all thought Dominican Village was nice, and my mother would consider staying there if she actually looking for a place to stay at this point. The fact that she is willing to live there should say enough about the facility. The rooms were small but nice. The tour we had was very nice; the woman that gave the tour was very professional and made my mother feel at ease. When we there, they were getting ready to watch a movie, some were eating, and some were just sitting in the lounge area. But the surroundings were not dated.

January 20, 2015

Dominican Village is a very large community. There are many buildings, and so far it has been very pleasant. The staff was wonderful, they couldn’t be nicer. I have two very good sized rooms; one is the bedroom, one is the living room. I have a private bathroom and a full equipped kitchen. They go out by bus almost every day to take people if they want to go shopping or other activities. So far the food has been very good -- not great -- but very good.

July 14, 2014

By BewareDominican

PLEASE BEWARE!!!!! We recently moved Mom over to Assisted Living from Independent Living within Dominican Village. We bought a trundle bed so that my sister could stay over on weekends (as she was doing previously). They informed us the day of the move that she would no longer be able to stay over and to remove the trundle within 3 days or they were going to evict my 88 year old mother out into the street (I kid you not!). When we asked why, they stated that the Dept. of Health did not allow another person to stay over in the assisted living room. We called the Dept. of Health and were told there was no such regulation. The people who run this facility, specifically the CEO and his wife, were combative, dishonest and disrespectful during any and all conversations we have had with them. I would encourage you to please be VERY careful and explore all other options before considering Dominican Village as an assisted living facility for your loved one.

Dominican Village’s Assisted Living Residence is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and must operate within the scope of the appropriate New York State regulations. From time to time, resident and family requests must be approved by the New York State Department of Health prior to accommodating the request. In this particular instance, the resident’s and family member’s request was accommodated by working together in a professional manner with the New York State Department of Health and filing a waiver specific to the resident’s and family member’s request.

March 29, 2014

By Laura31

Dominican Village was referred to us for my mother-in-law. I like the facility because it's clean and bright. The staff seem fine. The apartment is nice, spacious enough, and has what she needs. It has a nice bathroom as well.

July 31, 2013

By Primary Care Physician

I am a physician, my mom was at Dominican Village for 7 years before she needed more care and moved to a nursing home. Terrific staff and care! Thank God for the nuns doing God's Work!

September 10, 2012

By bella1

This looked very nice on the outside, it is in next to a nunnery I think. The residence was very clean. There was a beauty parlor and cafeteria area. The apartment area was nice with a little kitchnette. We thought the area was very nice and clean. The neighborhood was not all that great though. The place itself seemed really nice and had a lot of activities available for residents.The people that worked there seemed very friendly. The residents I saw living there seemed to be quite happy at the residence. My aunt seemed to like the place too. She decided not to move there because of the surrounding neighborhood. Im sure it was safe but she was put off by the people she saw in the area.

November 21, 2011

By Betty5

Caring personnel; many activities available; good dining

Independent Living Reviews for Dominican Village

• General Store

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: With Outstanding Programs, Services And Amenities On A Sprawling 13 Acre Campus, We Cater To The Diverse Needs Of Each Resident While Ensuring All Feel Secure And At Home At Dominican Village.

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 700-s-287

About Dominican Village

With outstanding programs, services and amenities on a sprawling 13-acre campus, we cater to the diverse needs of each resident while ensuring all feel secure and at home at Dominican Village.

Dominican Village, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Dominic of Amityville, New York, is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian rental retirement community and assisted living residence. Its mission is to provide a supportive environment in which the sacredness of life and the dignity of each person are held in the highest regard and to offer its residents a choice of programs and services which foster independence, promote physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, and maximize opportunities for socialization.

Map of Dominican Village