Waterford Estates Senior Living

Reviews of Waterford Estates Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Waterford Estates Senior Living

September 25, 2021

By Felita

I liked the way the rooms were set up at Waterford Estates Senior Living. I liked the staff. I liked the cleanliness. It was a very friendly and a good feel environment. They didn't force me to do anything. They let me take my time and let me know that I had options. They weren't trying to make it where they were the only one. They were very nice, very professional, very neat, and very clean. The dining area was beautiful, and there were people sitting there eating their early dinner. I think it's a very good place. I was very happy with what I saw there. I was very pleased with them.

September 13, 2021

By Fred

Waterford Estates Senior Living was fine. The staff gave us a pretty thorough walk-through and told me about the stuff that he had to offer the residents there, and I like what I saw. The one-bedroom is small, but it's large enough for my brother. It seems like a well-kept place. The staff was kind. He was a nice guy. He was thorough and he answered any questions we might have had. He took his time. The dining area looked nice, but I didn't taste any meal. Everything I saw was nice. They have games and on certain nights, they have live entertainment. They told me that they have tours. It seemed like they have activities for the residents enough to keep them busy. It's beautiful. It seems like it's calm, peaceful, and quiet. It's a nice area with trees, it's got a calming effect around there. I think he would enjoy it once he is in there. The place is clean. Everybody seems to be nice. They showed us the menu and it looked like they have a nice menu and they don't repeat the same thing day after day. They have a variety of food, which is good.

September 09, 2021

By Mercedes

At Waterford Estates Senior Living, the grounds and the appearance from outside was fine. Inside it just seemed OK, and was just a little bit dated. The apartment was mediocre because the front of the building was overlooked. The other apartment was a little bit better. It had a window facing the back, which was bucolic, trees, and grass; it seemed a little bit nicer to be there, see more, and to look out the window. The staff was very nice. He was very well informed, and he gave me a lot of good information. He was very helpful overall. I thought it was clean enough. It was just kind of dingy and old looking. If I were looking for myself, it would not be my first choice.

August 23, 2021

By Charles

I liked Waterford Estates Senior Living. It seemed very nice. The rooms were excellent. They had an indoor pool, a place for you to worship, and a library. When the weather is permitting, they can go outside and dabble in the plants or whatnot. I like the lunchroom. They had it set up a sort of like a restaurant. I like the style they have because they have an everyday menu and they had extra things that you could order as well. It was set up real nice. It seemed like they have a lot of activities for them. I didn't meet a lot of staff.

August 21, 2021

By Carla

We went to the Waterford Estates Senior Living and we liked it for my cousin. It was clean. The people seemed genuine, and it seemed that they really care. They gave us a tour of the whole facility. They have a dining room, a hair salon, a library, a theater, and a game room.

June 24, 2021

By Carrie

Waterford Estates Senior Living was nice looking, and the staff was friendly. It seemed like they had activities that would be enjoyable. The actual apartments were very nice. There was an outdoor area and I think they have a pool, that was nice. The place was very well-maintained.

June 23, 2021

By Cornell

Waterford Estates Senior Living was nice and clean. It reminds me of stepping into a nice hotel; it has that feel. The rooms that we saw were nice and we saw some with balconies. There was also a patio and a back room. They were small living spaces, but we also saw 2-bedrooms; they seem adequate. The person who accommodated us during the tour was well-informed and told us everything that we can possibly think of. He gave us his card and also gave us a call back. He took us to the different rooms that they had available. They told us all about the activities that they had and how their program works. We got a lot of information just from that first visit. The dining area looked really nice and well-kept. They didn't have anything going on at the time, but they showed us a board on how they got it all mapped out and different things at the time. The person who gave the tour was really good. He was nice and friendly. He took his time and was not rushing.

June 19, 2021

By Katie

The people at Waterford Estates Senior Living were very pleasant and very professional. The scenery part was very attractive. The staff was nice enough, doing her job, very pleasant, didn't go overboard, and stayed in her lane. It's very clean, and it didn't smell. They have a beauty salon where they do their nails, and they have a library, too. The facility was very nice. I didn't see the menu, but the staff told me everything would be fresh, and not like TV dinner or stuff like that. They cook their meals there, so I appreciate that. It's gorgeous. If I were to go, I would go to one of these.

January 22, 2021

By Elsa

My mom is going to move into Waterford Estates. We took an in-person tour. It was very pleasant. The personnel were very nice and extremely helpful. We saw the dining room, the entrance, and some recreational areas like a billiard room and a craft room. We also saw three units, and the rooms were very clean and modern. They had an emergency cord in the bathroom. The step was also lower than the bathtub, so that they can get in and out of it. It was nice and very pleasant. Food smelled very good. Everything smelled very delicious. We got to look at the menu. The condition of the facility seemed excellent, nothing was dirty, everything was clean. It was like walking into a 5-star hotel. They had holiday decorations. Everything was very festive and cheery. Some of the residents seemed very friendly and happy.

October 04, 2020

By MJ

Waterford Estates Senior Living is a much larger facility than where my mom is at, and I would not want it for her. I think it's probably a good place for a person that's either independent or assisted, and not for somebody who is in memory care. I had a good first impression. It has about 5 or 6 floors, so it's pretty large. Everything that I saw was really nice. Everything that I saw was very nice. They had some rooms at the time, they were pretty affordable with a little kitchenette. It was almost like home for somebody who's used to be in their own home. The facility I thought was very nice and seemed to be very clean. The gentleman was very informative. It was clean and smelled nice, could probably take a little updating.

May 30, 2019

By T Green

I liked Waterford Estates the best. The people were friendly, the atmosphere was very nice, and very clean. The room was very nice and very clean as well. It's beautiful all the way around. They had an indoor store and an indoor swimming pool. The food was great. The kitchen and the dining area were nice.

November 26, 2018

By Lillie

I really liked Waterford Estates Senior Living. The staff was really nice to us, took their time, and showed us all around the place. The tour was handled really well. Everything was really nice. It's a lovely place and the staff was very helpful. The cafeteria and everything looked in order. The food looked good.

September 13, 2018

By Chiborn

I can’t say enough positive things about Waterford. Every level employee from executive to staff go out of their way to create a comfortable, home-like atmosphere to make each resident feel at ease. An excellent resident-to-staff ratio, a wide variety of options for outings and group activities, healthy delicious meals and an individualized plan for each resident which can be adjusted as life circumstances change, are just a few of the things that attracted my brother and myself to select Waterford for our parents. The caregivers and nurses are attentive, compassionate and friendly. Just knowing that there is on-sight medical care has given us peace of mind that someone is always available to help if needed. Another plus is that physical and occupational therapy can be done without leaving the facility to help residents stay active and engaged. We would definitely recommend Waterford. 10 stars!

May 01, 2018

By RayC

While researching Senior Living Facilities, there was a number of areas I was looking at. First was room size. Does it have everything needed to live comfortably and a place to call home? Second was the staff. Are they friendly and knowledgeable in there rolls? Third was what activities do they offer? ( bingo, church, entertainment, and other type of physical activities). Finally the last piece of importance was the amenities offered. Healthcare, dining-dietary, house cleaning, laundry, and good maintenance. Additional things we considered were availability of a mini grocery store, barber shop, podiatrist, dentist, and transportation to other outings or field trips. Finding all these important factors was challenging to find within one facility, but Waterford Estates has them all. Waterford Estates is located close to the expressway and minutes from a shopping center and a hospital. The facility is very clean and well maintained. My father is one that doesn't like change, but he loves it here. Now when I call him he doesn't have time to talk because he is having too much fun with all that is offered. A big thanks to the staff at Waterford for making my dad feel welcome and has a place he can call home.

April 03, 2018

By Linda Braun

I find Waterford to be very friendly and warm. Management is friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to be helpful. I have a lot of staff friends here already. Waterford is a great place for me at this time.

March 02, 2018

By Ruth A.

The apartments are really beautiful. The Staff is very compassionate, always ready to lend a helping hand. I like the idea of having a bus to take the residents to the banks, stores, and most importantly, the area churches for Masses/Services on Sunday.

February 21, 2018

By Hollie "RICH"

My parents live at Waterford Estates in Assisted Living (since October) They love being there and enjoy the caregivers and staff. I am very impressed on how my mother and father get treated, there are never any issues and they care for them as they are human beings and not just a number. It's a great place. I haven't been able to visit them much but my brother is there and also feels the same about the staff, service and food. He will go and eat lunch with them, the menu is excellent. You can choose from many food items eating downstairs in the bigger dining room.

April 11, 2017

By eutha

The Waterford is a great community for your love one. The staff is greater than great. Katie, Michelle,Norma thank you for always helping my love ones.

February 06, 2017

By LoriG

I think you have a wonderful, caring staff. The food is good. There are plenty of activities. The 2 Shannon's go way out of their way to make sure residents are able to attend and are so good and kind. People are friendly, and most people seem genuinely happy. Lori G

February 03, 2017

By CarrieKla

I wanted to send you some feedback with respect to the experience that my husband and I have had in getting my parents (Barbara and Frank Murzyn) settled into their new apartment at Waterford. On the whole, we have been very pleased. The facility is clean and well-maintained, the meals are quite good, there are on-site activities (especially the exercise classes) that they seem to enjoy, and the staff appear to have a warm and caring rapport with the residents.

January 14, 2017

By Kathy573400

I thought the Waterford Estates was a nice place. The rooms were small, but the staff was friendly. The residents were happy when you talk to them, but when you didn’t, they look bored. I thought it was very good, and I wanted to live there, but it was too expensive for me.

January 13, 2017

By Roxanne R

My father has been living in the Memory Care community, Reflections, for a year. The atmosphere of the facility is cheerful, decorated with bright colors and residents walk around freely within the secure premises. The knowledgeable staff recognizes the distinctive behaviors and personalities of all the residents. This recognition of each individual’s needs has provided me the comfort to know that Dad is treated well and cared for. The staff provides my dad with structure, fun activities and choice. The staff provides me with guidance, updates on dad’s condition, laughter and hugs. Reflections’ highly trained personnel is our extended family. My Dad feels like he is at home and tells me frequently “I like this place.”

November 20, 2016

By Cathy crosby

My friend had been living there for the past 6 years. She did pass away in September but her life there was wonderful. It was everything she wanted in a retirement home. The library, beauty parlor and a lovely dining room. The price was great compared to other facilities. They also have the greatest people working there. Waterford would be my choice when it comes time to retire.

November 05, 2016

By Wanda681471

Waterford Estates catered to more than just memory care. They had a restaurant in there and areas where they had entertainment like if someone comes in and want to play the piano. They also had a store. It was a small intimate setting, which was set up really nicely. They had their own room, but they shared a bathroom, which was across from their bedroom. One bedroom had a closet in the room, while the other bedrooms had it outside of the room. Their nurses were not around the clock; they were only from 7 A.M to 7 P.M. They do have the aides during the night. I know that they do a variety of things.

October 18, 2016

By Jessica822887

I looked at Waterford Estates, and it was beautiful. The place is nice and clean, but it’s just pricey. The rooms are really nice with balconies.

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our senior living community. We welcome you to return at any time for another look and to take advantage of a special FALL promotional offer where you can save up to $200 monthly for the lifetime of your lease!! This is a unique opportunity - so, please call (708-335-1600) Cara or Ben know you provided feedback on-line. Thanks! Bobbi Kelley, Executive Director

October 13, 2016

By Kathy A.

We went to The Waterford Estates. It’s the community that we are looking at. My mother hasn’t moved in yet, but we have given a deposit. It’s a very nice community. It looks very nice. The grounds are pretty. The accommodations are very nice. The person that I have been talking to has been very nice, very accessible, and understanding. There is a lot of stuff going on. You can see them coming back from a bus trip. The last time I was there was Friday, and they were having a church service on the main floor. It’s a very nice community, and it’s very expensive. It costs a lot to live there, but I think they offer a lot. I’ve been there multiple times, and every time I’ve been there, the place is clean. It’s a really nice place. The person that I’m working with is accessible and very nice.

September 14, 2016

By Fred350657

Waterford Estates was an outstanding looking facility, and they’re well equipped. The grounds were well-maintained. The location was a bit out of my neighborhood. The rooms looked very nice. I’ve seen probably 2 rooms, but they both had two beds in the room. I just went for a visit, walked through and was impressed, but I’m actually looking for something a little closer to home. It’s a must see facility, very well-maintained, and with plenty of activities for the residents; it’s a lovely facility.

August 21, 2016

By Tameka883037

Waterford Estates' rooms and apartments were nice, clean, and spacious. The facility had a nice layout. It was roomy, so it wasn't crowded. They could improve the location of their dementia patients because they were kind of off in the basement.

Tameka, Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your compliments. I also genuinely appreciate your input about "the location of our dementia patients" since some people get confused about this topic... The location of our SECURED ALZHEIMER's and ADVANCED DEMENTIA neighborhood is on our Terrace level (basement?). Out of the 253 apartments at Waterford, these 19 apartments are located below grade on our lowest level, which all have windows since we are built into a hill. We elected this layout for safety, since we believe that our most fragile residents must have quick access to the outside if there were to be a crisis. (Better to be safe than sorry!) I like to imagine our memory care neighborhood as ONE large house with 19 bedrooms plus SAFE and lovely patios/garden. Also, persons with dementia are not restricted to just this area. For us, it is all about finding a great balance of both safety and independence! I hope you come back to visit again.

May 10, 2016

By Gwen19

Everything at Waterford Estates Senior Living was excellent. You can transition into assisted living in this place. They have everything that I want - swimming pool, dining area, library, recreation where they do the exercises. The rooms were excellent, everything was brand new in the room. You would bring your own bed, they have a couch, and a kitchen. They have two bedrooms and single bedrooms. The staff was excellent, very knowledgeable, told me the pros and cons. It was just everything you want in a senior housing.

January 16, 2016

By Suzie6

I thought Waterford was a nice place, but I didn’t think that my mother-in-law would fit in very well. The assisted living people were living farther away than the independent people, and for them to come down to do things took a farther walk, and so we didn’t think she would be a good fit there. They did have very nice rooms that seemed pretty clean, but it wasn’t really bright and didn’t feel really inviting, and it was just too long of a walk for her to get down to the areas where they had everything. Assisted living area was all by itself, pushed farther away from the hub where the dining room was and everything else that was going on. For that reason, I just didn’t like this place for my mother-in-law.

January 16, 2016

By Veronica10

Waterford Estates was way too big with too many people. The atmosphere was OK and so were the rooms, which were the right size. The staff was nice.

November 22, 2015

Waterford Estates would not accept my father-in-law. Their rooms were good, and he liked this place, but they weren’t responsive and didn’t get back to us very quickly.

I'm truly sorry to hear that Waterford was not a good "fit" for your family. Honestly, it doesn't happen often but there are times when certain circumstances create difficult situations. As with any LICENSED Assisted Living or Independent Living community, there are various guidelines and regulations that must be followed. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding customer service and I welcome the opportunity to better understand the details of your personal experience. If you would like to call me, I'm available at 708-335-1600.

October 28, 2015

My mother is at Waterford Estates for respite care. It is excellent. The staff is wonderful. My mother really likes them, and so that's a good thing. My mother is in a private room. It is a pretty good sized one-bedroom apartment. The dining area is actually gorgeous. I would recommend this facility. Absolutely! The services are excellent there so far. My mother has been there for a month now.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Many people do not realize that we can offer a "short-term" stay option (you called it Respite Care) and/or a fully furnished apartment for help as a TRANSITION between the hospital and rehab and home. We truly appreciate your kind words and wish your family well. Hopefully, you will bring mom back in the future to visit or to live with us long term!

September 12, 2015

By Caring113319650

The rooms at Waterford Estates were average, and they were small. They didn't offer a complete meal plan; I would have to maybe make some of my own dinners. I only talked to the person who took me on a tour, and she was a very nice lady, she answered any question that I needed to ask, she was very courteous, and she showed me around; I appreciated that. They had outside tables and places where you could walk out to the gardens if you wanted to eat in the gardens. The one thing I liked about it was they had a pool and a sauna, they had places for activities to go on beside the dining hall, and they had a central area. They can arrange for you to have rides if you didn't have your own transportation for going to the doctors outside or shopping.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Waterford Estates and for sharing your thoughts via a personal review! Waterford Estates proudly offers multiple meal plans (2 or 3 daily) plus eleven (11) floor plans, based on availability. Apartments will range in size from modest size studios to extremely large 3 bedroom apartment homes. All apartments feature a kitchen with full size appliances, as well as the option of selecting a patio or balcony. We look forward to talking again, about more specific details. Warmly, Bobbi

July 04, 2015

Waterford Estates was beautiful. They had a lot of amenities. I went there for a scheduled tour, and I was supposed to have lunch. For some reason, someone did not get the things straight. A guy came out as soon as I sat down, and he wanted to do financials right away before I even took the tour. I thought it was very rude. They had two dining rooms -- one on the main floor and one on the fourth floor, I believe. They also had a swimming pool. The place was beautiful.

July 02, 2015

By Gregory5

My aunt is in Waterford Estates. They are very nice. She has a 1-bedroom apartment. It is easy to maneuver and right across the hall from one of the dining rooms there is a nursing station on her floor, so it works out right. I did have meal there and the food is good. They have bingo and they do water sports. I will recommend them to others. It is just north of one of the major hospitals and close to a mall.

May 24, 2015

By MarvaCPruitt

We are currently trying to convince my mom to go to Waterford Estates. I like the apartments because I think they are nice. It is a nice-sized facility. It has a very inviting appearance. When you first walk in, it is almost like you are walking into a very nice hotel. The things that they provide are very good. I like the fact that they have a continuum of services so you can go from independent living all the way to memory care. I really also like the fact that they have a swimming pool indoors. They have a number of areas for activities. They have a medical staff on site, and they are also connected to a hospital not far from its location. I talked to some of the residents there, and they are very happy to be there. Everybody was very pleased with their care.

Thank you for your detailed consumer review, which is often very helpful to other families who are looking for an affordable AND high quality lifestyle for their loved one! Bobbi Kelley, CMP Waterford Estates Senior Living

May 15, 2015

Waterford Estates seemed to be very caring, and they are interested in my mom’s well-being. The rooms were nice and clean. They have computer room, and pricing was good.

April 27, 2015

I put my mom in Waterford Estates, and now they are kicking her out. I guess the rule there for assisted living is that it is supposed to be a one-man assist, and she has been having problems transferring from her wheelchair to the bathroom. It is a nice place, but I feel like they kind of lured me in. I am very disappointed that she was only there for ten days, and now we are in the process of looking for another place. I don't think they gave her a fair chance. The place is nice and clean, and it's a very big place. In my eye, it is more of an independent living. They do have a floor that is assisted living, but I didn't realize that assisted living was just a one-man assist. They allowed us to use an apartment that was fully furnished because her room wasn't ready, and she never got the opportunity to look into her own room. The food was good. Sometimes, my mother said it was OK, but most of the time it was good. The staff is very nice. I think it depends on the individual aide that was helping my mom. Some of them had no problem with her, and then I think it is the ones that had problems who reported it. Most of the people are nice, it is very clean, and they do have a lot of activities, so I can't put it down too low. The director told me that by guidelines of the state law, it should be only one-man assist for assistant living, but I found another place, and they said it's not true.

March 10, 2015

By Leslie41

The name of the facility that we have chosen is Waterford Estates. We went to visit it, and we liked it. It just seems like a very active facility. It seems like the people were engaged and involved, and that is what we wanted for her. The people working there seemed very nice, very concerned, and very caring. They have a calendar that they put out every week. There are many activities on a daily basis, and they try to involve all the residents. Everything seems to be very clean and very nice. There is one thing that I thought could be better. I think all of the employees there should have CPR training because some of them do not. I think that they all should.

February 25, 2015

By Libby3

My mother had stayed at Waterford Estate which had a very nice, homey atmosphere. I trusted the nursing staff with my mom, her health, and her care. The food was very good. They had a lot of places -- especially the dining room downstairs. There were lots of activities.

Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your thoughts about Waterford Estates! All things considered, we understand the complexity of aging and the value we can offer. We have helped hundreds of seniors and family members through the decision making process and try to make things as stress-free and comfortable as possible. Most importantly, we provide personalized services and try our best to meet the needs of each resident! Family reviews, such as yours, are very important to others who are considering a senior living community. Again, thank you for sharing.

January 03, 2015

By Clinton2

When I was told that I needed to find an assisted living facility for my mother, there were four things that I was primarily interested in checking out. One was obviously location. It had to be near a hospital. This particular location is in a very nice and very well maintained area. The second point was the general vibe of the community. So I checked the people, their disposition, and their attitude. It has to have a evidence of activity -- a calendar and such that anyone can have access to. The third point I was looking for was cost. I didn't want my mother's entire pension to get sucked up. And last but not least was the look on the inside. I looked at not only the corridor or the dining area, but even the one bedroom unit. On all points, Waterford Estates is pretty much a 10. They were really wonderful. The staff that assisted me was very precise about the details of the various care packages. They were able to explain the different levels of care. They have great energy and a great personality. They are very knowledgeable. They have a movie night in the movie room and a library utilized by the residents. I just saw the openness of the residents. The dining room is very classy. Obviously nothing is perfect, but it is a very good choice.

December 15, 2014

Waterford Estates is really a beautiful place. We only met with one director, and she showed us where the memory care section was. She was very informative and very pleasant. The rooms were very nice, well kept, and clean. There were windows but they were at ground level, so you really couldn't get a lot of natural light or see outside the facility. There was plenty of staff that supervised their residents. The way they interacted with the residents was very good. However, they only have space for 19 or 20 residents at a time. So, there is a waiting list for that particular area of that facility. They have activities to help residents with their memory care and challenge them. The living environment was adequate. The director did explain that they do try and take their residents on outings if possible.

July 31, 2014

By Beverly41

I went to Waterford Estates. It was very nice. It's a little too expensive for me. The room was very nice but the building was just too big. It looked like an old hotel to me. The staff really talked loud. She thought I couldn't hear but it looked like she was yelling at me. She said she's been there a long time and she took me around. It wasn't very welcoming to me. The dining room is beautiful. It had all the crystal on the table but it was like going to a big dining room. It's an excellent place. It has a swimming pool and all kinds of activities. They serve meals so you wouldn't have to pay for your meals; that's all included. I think it would be great.

July 31, 2014

By Caring89198750

My wife's uncle is in Waterford Estates. It is a nice and well-maintained facility. They have activities but he has limited mobility. They have travels to do shopping. The dining area is very clean and it is almost like a high-class restaurant. The room is spacious and clean.

February 28, 2014

By Jane47

I went to Waterford Estates and I thought the facility is too big for my mom. The staff seemed good, but the place is just too big for her. The place is clean and spacious. Their rooms are very spacious.

April 18, 2013

By Karyn2

Waterford Estates was like a five-star hotel. It was really beautiful. Everyone was smiling, friendly and extra helpful. I tried the food and it was very clean. It tasted like a meal from a restaurant. The dietary staff were very helpful. If the resident was not able to walk, they delivered the food and served it. My aunt was in a one bedroom room. It was spacious, the lighting was good and the bathroom was enormous. The aide and nurse came in three times a week. The medicines were delivered to her, so she did not have to pick them up. There was a wide selection of activities to choose from. There were activity boards and the residents chose what they wanted to do. There were also outings and a bus came and took them to different places. The place was expensive but I would recommend it.

March 29, 2013

By CARING5425

I chose Waterford Estates for no special reasons except that I liked it best. The place is very excellent. The staff and the food are good. They have all kinds of activities, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, bingo; they've got everything there. My mother doesn't like it there though. If they had valet parking, I'd give it a 5 star rating.

June 04, 2012

By Shirley6

My mother-in-law has Parkinson's disease and is now experiencing dementia. She's currently in Waterford Estates for quite a while now. She's been there for 4 years. The majority of the residents live independently. She was actually the one who chose this facility. She heard friends of hers have actually have been in this facility and they were talking about how nice it was. We are very pleased and it was really nice. It is also very close to our home so we can visit her anytime we want. What we like best about this community are the services they offer and the appearance of the place. They've got everything. They have a lot of activities. The dinning room is really nice. How they handle the people there. I saw how very well they treat my mother-in-law. That makes us happy. All the people and staff are really friendly. It looks like a downtown hotel. They have these yearly increases and hopefully that could be eliminated but I can't think of anything else right now. The food is really good & excellent. I like the way they serve. It's like walking in the restaurant, that's the way they handle it. Although her weight is up & down. But she loves it there and it's definitely a great place to recommend. It's just a very very nice facility and I could live there.

June 01, 2012

By eboy2014

The facility that I visited is called Waterford Estate in Hazel Crest, IL which is right by the area that I live. I visited this facility with my family because we were looking for a place for my grandmother to live. My overall impression of the facility is very positive. The staff was very friendly and seem to show kindness and care for the occupants that were living there. The facility was also very clean and very organized. The occupants that lived there seemed to be very happy and enjoyed staying there. Also, the atmosphere was very welcoming and comfortable. The only negative comment I would have to say about this facility is that is located by a busy location and have a lot of traffic near the facility.

March 22, 2012

By JenniferK1

I visited Waterford back in January. My family and I were looking for a nice place with a loving atmosphere to move my great grand father into. I can honestly say of all the places we visited, this one was among the friendliest. They offer independent living and assisted living. The staff was really nice and during our visit we saw a lot of activity between the staff and occupants. One thing I can say is that it is on an extremely busy street. When it comes to retirement/nursing/senior citizen homes, I think a quiet location where can relax would be best.

Independent Living Reviews for Waterford Estates Senior Living

August 09, 2021

By Orlando

It was a good experience touring Waterford Estates Senior Living, and it was also very informative. I like the number of years that they have been around supporting seniors. They are a good establishment. It's independent living and their facility was very clean. It was a little small compared to others, though, and older than some of the newer facilities. The rooms I saw had adequate space. They were very clean and they had smaller bathrooms. The place was in a good location and they had a swimming pool. For activities, they offer bingo, movies, happy hour, swimming, playing cards, and board games.

August 05, 2021

By Toni

My mother is moving into Waterford Estates Senior Living. It's very friendly. There are a lot of activities, and it's very clean. Everybody just seems very caring, as far as our needs, as far as the care that she needs, as far as the nurse on-staff, and someone being able to check on her and her having her independence. The apartment is extremely nice. The family will feel comfortable that we can come and visit or participate in their activities with no problems. There were lots of rooms and lots of activities. It was extremely impressive. The director, Michelle, that we've been working with has gone over and beyond. I haven't tried the food, but I've seen the menus a couple of times. They're very impressive. The cafeteria was set up like you're going to a hotel restaurant. One day I went there, they had an ice cream social. They had a variety of different food, and she has a choice to eat downstairs. On her floor, they have another cafeteria, or it can be brought to her room if she's sick and she can't make it downstairs. She has her own kitchen when the family comes over. The food smelled good when I was there. I haven't tried it, but I am going to definitely try it. Everything looked good, and they had a variety each day. I've been there probably about four or five times. Every time we've been there, it's just impressive. Each floor has more than one laundry room. It's like living in a hotel. They have a swimming pool, games, library, and a movie theater. They have a lot. When you walk in the door, it smells clean all the time. There's just so much to look at.

June 23, 2021

By Barbara

I was impressed with Waterford Estates Senior Living, but they had an issue of not taking Medicaid, so I would have to go and find another place for my sister once her private funds are gone, and that would probably be less than a year and a half. Because of covid, we couldn't see the whole place, so the person just showed me the independent living side. Everything was wonderful. She was very helpful and she gave me a wonderful tour. I saw all of the common rooms and the restaurant. It's a beautiful place. The rooms were nice. It was roomy and it had everything that I felt you would need. There's a bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom. They have a lot of activities and they even had a Red Hatter's meeting going on yesterday.

October 09, 2020

By Bill

Waterford Estates Senior Living was a very nice facility. We just found something that was a better fit for mom. If it doesn't work out where she is now, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Waterford. The people were very nice. It was a nice place. She wasn't there that long, and I had no complaints. The staff was friendly, nice, and attentive. The place was always clean. They were giving her three meals a day, and there was nothing really bad. For assisted living, it was a good value, but if you're independent, we found a little better value.

February 27, 2020

By Carol

Waterford Estates Senior Living is at the top of our list. It's a very nice place. Their staff is very nice and everybody who works there was so friendly. They have a dining room for meals, a hair salon, mini convenient store, and a bus service for outings. They also have entertainment and church services.

January 23, 2020

By Jennifer

My father is in Waterford Estates Senior Living. We're very satisfied with everything. They're very welcoming, very friendly, and very concerned. They offer activities, meals, aide, and housekeeping.

December 09, 2019

By Mary Jane

I went to see Waterford Estates Retirement Community. It has a pool, it's older than the other places I visited, but it was lovely. The rooms were beautiful, it seemed like a nice place, but it was too far away from home for me.

June 18, 2019

By Judith

Waterford Estates was very nice, well kept, and very clean. There were no unpleasant odors. Everything was orderly. The room they showed me were nice. Their grounds were very nice and pleasurable. They showed me their pool, activity schedule, and bus service's daily route. The woman at the front desk was pleasant and the person during the tour was very nice and went out of his way to make sure that I saw everything available. I saw people enjoying their food in the dining room. It's a 12-acre property, and it's located close to my son.

September 16, 2018

By Todd w

Room and price are awesome. Not pleased that we were told that the bus would take her anywhere within 8-miles but they only provide pre-planned trips that often get canceled. Staff members are super awesome except one of the bus drivers is very snippy. The facility is beautiful and offers many activities. Overall would recommend it to anyone but I really wish the bus policy was accurately portrayed up front.

September 01, 2018

By Dean

Waterford Estates Senior Living is top-shelf. The place looks pretty good. The staff member who helped me was very nice, helpful, and followed through when they said they would call me back. The dining area looked like a hotel. Other amenities include a game room, they have a swimming pool, and they have a spacious area around the place where they can walk around in. They have activities like Bingo and so on.

March 20, 2018

By Lynda M

My Mom is a changed person since she moved into Waterford Estates in January. She is happy and energetic. She has met many people and made new friends. She is busy decorating her apartment that she loves. I like the security of the building and the cheerful staff. I like the dining room with several menu selections at each meal. I like that the laundry facilities are conveniently located so Mom can do her own laundry like she did before she moved. And, if she doesn't want to or can't do her laundry for any reason, laundry service is available. That weekly house keeping is included is a real bonus.

March 08, 2018

By Dee Gar

Everyone is very friendly and pleasant, especially Katie. She is always willing to help or say "HI" she makes you feel like she cares about you. I would refer any family and friends to Waterford. I was referred by the daughter of a resident who already lives here.

September 18, 2017

By Linda McConnaughay

We are very happy to have moved my father-in-law into Waterford Estates recently. It's a wonderful facility with friendly staff. Also many activities are set up to keep the residents active and engaged each day!

June 15, 2017

By Kathleen F

We first had my mother-in-law there and loved it! People are helpful,friendly and has much to offer! We recently moved my mom in, in May! She loves everything and says how nice everyone is! My mom has celiac and the head chef has gone above and beyond to insure her food is gluten free! I have visited other places but Waterford is affordable and offers more than most !!!

December 19, 2016

By Katoyk

My mom has been here for a couple of weeks now and just loves it. The staff is very friendly and very easy to work with. The nursing staff is wonderful, my mom always gets her medication right on schedule, I don't have to worry anymore. I am so happy for her and can't wait for the warmer months so that she can enjoy the outdoor environment.

September 30, 2016

By Pat188820

Waterford Estates Senior Living is a very nice place. The staff was very nice and very pleasant. Everything was clean and modernized. The rooms were very nice and were better than average. They had grab bars for the elderly. I’ve seen all of the rooms where the activities are. Overall, I thought the property was very nice and the fact that it was down the street from my mother’s younger sister who is 84 was very nice. To me, the food tastes like cafeteria food. My mother would hate it, but it was well prepared and presented very well. The staff was very friendly. They had a very homelike atmosphere so someone that would be formerly living in their own home would feel very comfortable there. I didn’t like the idea that it was on a busy street and a gas station was sitting right there on the corner. There was too much activity for me around that area.

September 11, 2016

By Wayne703438

Waterford was really nice; the only thing I didn’t like about it was the surrounding neighborhood. Everything about it was really pleasant, including the inside. The rooms were decent and clean, but not spacious. They were playing chess and cards, but they had other rooms with different activities there. The staff was very pleasant, and they have plenty of staff.

December 21, 2015

By Barbara117502450

Waterford Estates is my second choice. The price is reasonable for rent, but they have a nonrefundable entrance fee. They have a beautiful building and a nice facility with a swimming pool. It’s beautifully maintained, very clean and neat, and they serve two meals a day. They have a great staff. They have lots of amenities, and they have a safe environment. They were honest to say that they increase rent every year. The residents seemed happy with the place.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and for all of the positive compliments. Please note, we do serve 3 meals daily in all 3 of our dining room restaurants. Our non-refundable $500 deposit reserves a specific apartment and is based on availability. Should you elect to utilize our wait list (if we can't meet your needs quickly enough) the deposit is refundable. We do not have an entrance fee. I hope this helps and Merry Christmas!

November 09, 2015

I liked Waterford Estates a lot. My friends didn’t like it because it wasn’t elite enough for them. I thought it was very homey and very clean. We had lunch there; the dining room wasn’t elegant, and I don’t think their meals were the greatest, but it was more in my price range. It’s in a great neighborhood; I felt comfortable there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to hear that you felt comfortable at Waterford Estates and enjoyed your visit! We believe that providing classic, clean and homelike "Midwest Comfort" is critically important to our continued success, rather than an overly elegant or stuffy atmosphere. Thank you for providing your feedback!

Memory Care Reviews for Waterford Estates Senior Living

August 19, 2021

By Besty

I toured Waterford Estates Senior Living in Hazel Crest. The main area looked like a five-star hotel. However, the memory care area was down in the garden basement. It was dark. There weren't any windows in the common area. The room was adequate size, but it was old. I didn't like that their common area was smaller. Their activities for the residents involved baby dolls like what you see in a childcare center (because I worked a childcare center for a while). They had like toys and stuff. It probably worked for some of the residents, but I didn't care for that. Instead of that kind of atmosphere, they should have an extra person on board to do interaction with these people on an adult level. I didn't really care for the fact that it was in the garden level basement. It was dark. It was three doors to get into. It was almost prison-like to me. I didn't care for it at all. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't work for me. It was my last choice out of the places. I only had interaction with the woman that was giving me the tour.

December 02, 2019

By Ann

The price for care in this facility was very reasonable compared to other facilities. The rooms were beautiful with big picture windows. I did not like the main room as there were no windows. I was very impressed with the head nurse, and it seemed like they tried to tailor things to people's needs.

August 21, 2017

By Bill301

I visited this facility looking for a placement for my wife as I was interested in a memory care facility. As I met with the staff and discussed my wife’s needs they offered an option I had not considered. Waterford Estates has a section of assisted living which is secured at night, thereby providing the resident with additional access to more independent choices of activities but with the comfort of a more secure environment at night. This appealed to me as I continually hope my wife will be able to function more independently. I did tour both the assisted living and the memory care sections and was impressed with both. The apartments and rooms and the common areas are clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and the residents seem to be involved. After an evaluation, the Waterford Estates staff and I determined that my wife needed the full memory care. I was impressed with the staff to resident ratio and how many residents were involved in the activities each time I came. When we brought my wife into the memory care unit she was initially very resistant. However, I was called by the nurse several hours after I left and was told that my wife was much calmer, was starting to participate and even let one of the staff paint her nails. The facility has 12 acres of land and because of local property taxes plus the fact that it is owned by a non-profit organization, the cost structure is significantly lower than other nearby areas. The memory care cost structure is a fixed rent plus a fixed care fee while the assisted living has additional variables. I would highly recommend this facility.

June 30, 2015

Waterford Estates was more of like a nursing home and weren't really independent living. However, the place was very clean and smelled good. The lady that I talked to was very nice. She took me on a tour and she explained to me that they were more like a nursing and rehab facility. It was more for people with severe medical problems. The apartments were nice, but it was more on the line of a nursing home.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Costs for Waterford Estates Senior Living

Photos of Waterford Estates Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Waterford Estates Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: $2,000 Community Fee (One Time); We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Secured Memory Care Neighborhood

• Nurse On Staff: Licensed Nurse On Staff
  • Pharma

• Activities Extra: Memory Care Specific Activities Are Provided Daily, As Well As The Opportunity To Particupate In Supervised Group Activities Throughout The Community.

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 62

About Waterford Estates Senior Living

Having helped seniors make this transition to independent and assisted living for more than twenty years, we understand the move to a retirement community can be filled with questions and concerns. At Waterford Estates we will accommodate you and your loved ones to make the transitions in life smoother than you could ever imagine.

Our community is designed to ensure residents live comfortably, providing increased on-site care and services as their needs change. Our staff provides ongoing support, care and counsel for both residents and their families after the move.

Located in the Homewood, Tinley Park, Olympia Fields, Flossmoor, and Hazel Crest corridor of the South Chicago suburbs, Waterford Estates' ultimate mission is to ensure our residents are met with warm, compassionate, and respectful service from all that are working to make their retirement experience personalized and life giving. We invite you to experience the difference for yourself.

Waterford is unique in several ways, thus set us apart from other establishments: CARE: A continuity of care, supported by a high-performing and resident centered approach is the foundation of our age in place philosophy. For example, on-site health care services can be added for Independent residents, via our Independent PLUS program. Likewise, higher levels of care are offered at Waterford Estates in our Assisted Living and Memory Care neighborhoods. This flexibility provides a sense of comfort to most families! COMMUNITY: A meaningful lifestyle with engagement opportunities are celebrated in a warm, bright and lively atmosphere, including flexible dining (7 am to 7 pm) with friendly people. UNDERSTANDING: Waterford Estates takes an individualized approach to meeting the needs and goals of each resident and their family. We embrace dignified assistance, safety and independence at every life stage.

Map of Waterford Estates Senior Living