Residences at Deer Creek

Reviews of Residences at Deer Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Residences at Deer Creek

April 05, 2017

By dadguy

My dad has been at Deer Creek for three months in the memory support wing. It is the best thing we have done for him. The staff have been so welcoming and supportive. It was difficult to kale this decision but they were so helpful and compassionate, and continue to be so. The activities are wonderful and led by great people. Dad has rallied at Deer Creek due to the excellent care, great food, and all the activities and interaction with other people. We are so very pleased. It is a blessing.

March 31, 2017

By Barbrealestate

My Aunt and Uncle had looked at all Assisted Living Residences in Northwest Indiana and Chose Deer Creek. They even waited until the right apartment became available. They love it, they love the food, they love the people and I love the care they receive and the piece of mind. The staff is outstanding and I cant say enough good things about Residences at Deer Creek

September 25, 2016

By Aimee Schallenkamp

Residences at Deer Creek is one of the best facilities in the area. Karen and every one of their employees are caring and compassionate and put their residents needs first. I would highly recommend it.

September 13, 2016

By BMH01

My mom lives here and she is very happy. Mom has so many friends here. I am there every day visiting and I would definitely recommend this facility. The staff is very caring and have always been there when we need anything!

September 08, 2016

By Beechy2

My father has lived at Residences of Deer Creek for 2 years and just recently another family member has also moved in. The care and consideration provided by staff to those living in Deer Creek is beyond anything I have ever experienced.

September 01, 2016

By doxielady

Very nice assisted living.

March 16, 2016

By NWI1957

Toured with my mom for my grandma, very nice. Tried the food it was excellent.

December 16, 2015

By LSherron

Residences at Deer Creek is one of the finest facilities I have had the pleasure of visiting!

June 11, 2015

We moved our mom into Deer Creek. The experience has been good. One of the reason I picked them is because they are very close to our house, so it is easy for me to go visit my mom whenever I want. It is a happy atmosphere. It is open, and visitors can come and go. They keep track of the people that stay there. They have lots of social programs. The food is good. It is nice. The have bingo and exercise multiple times during the day. They have dances and people that come over and sing for them. They have entertainments. They have gardens and outside field trips. Every Thursday, they have a bus that takes everyone to the store. I ate there couple of times, and the food is very good. They have a special for the day that changes every day. They also have a menu where they have about 6 to 8 dishes that are the same for the whole month, and those are the entrees. They have another page of sandwiches you can pick from and another page of different salads. They can eat anything that they want, as much as they want, between 7 in the morning until 7 at night.

January 23, 2015

By teacher4585

I had an excellent tour, very caring.

January 22, 2015

By Irish6

It may look nice but the memory care unit staff is lacking in communication skills and common sense. For the amount of money paid monthly, you shouldn't have to constantly follow up to make sure the staff does what they should. Unimpressed with the management and their ability to address the family's concerns.

We are saddened you feel that we have fallen short of your expectations. We have a very successful open door policy to address such concerns and meet with our families regularly. Our goal is to provide the best quality of care for our residents. We are very proud of the hardworking, dedicated staff who are with our residents every step of their memory impairment journey.

June 25, 2014

By James7949

Residences at Deer Creek is a new facility. The rooms are nice and clean. The light is good. However, they do not furnish their apartments, and you have to bring your own furniture. Also, they don't have a kitchen. They have a dining area, where they have a wait staff that will bring your meals to you. You have a menu for the meal, and you choose an entrée, a side, and a dessert. All of that is included in the cost.

April 19, 2014

By FayeHuff

The staff and the restaurant were just great. My mother loves it!

Memory Care Reviews for Residences at Deer Creek

Costs for Residences at Deer Creek

Photos of Residences at Deer Creek

Services and Amenities of Residences at Deer Creek

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Dining

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library, Theatre, Therapy Center, Private Bath, Heating And Cooling Systems

• Technology Extra: Emergency Response System

• Exercise
  • Meal Preparation

• State Licenses: 18-013069-1

About Residences at Deer Creek

Located in friendly Schererville, Indiana, Residences at Deer Creek is a Licensed Residential Care Community that provides private, senior living apartments with assistance. Our aging-in-place concept means never having to move again. Gain peace of mind that 24/7 personalized care is there whether your loved one needs weekly or daily assistance, memory support or rehabilitative therapy.

Our residents and families will tell you, “There’s always something to do at Deer Creek!” Daily activities, programs in the wellness center, neighborhood events, recreational activities and outings, on-site dining with friends and lots more. Be as active as you want or enjoy the comfort and privacy of your own home. The choice is yours.

Independence with Assistance

It is this philosophy that led to the design of our state-of-the-art senior living communities in suburban Indiana. Our residents enjoy private apartment living while receiving the assistance they need to maintain their health, safety and dignity.

What is Senior Living at the Residences at Deer Creek & Residences at Coffee Creek?

• Beautiful studio, one- and two-bedroom units, some with private balconies, all with private full baths.
  • Aging in place concept that includes retirement living with assistance, rehabilitation therapy and memory care, if ever needed.
  • Access to quality medical care and medical professionals.
  • Gourmet, nutritious snacks and meal prepared by our chefs.
  • Engaging activities and events that inspire involvement in community.
  • Pet-friendly environment – pets are family too!

Assisted Living for Memory Support

Our Memory Support services are provided in private, studio apartments designed specifically for residents with memory challenges.

Probably one of the most frightening aspects of aging is the possible onset of memory loss conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Our comprehensive memory support program provides a safe, stimulating environment to create a sense of belonging, security and at-home comfort.

What Does the Memory Care Program Include at Residences Senior Living?

• Certified Dementia Practitioners on staff
  • Specially trained dementia nurses
  • Snoezelen® Multi-Sensory Therapy Environments
  • Private apartment homes with full baths and kitchenettes
  • All-inclusive monthly service fee
  • Daily life enrichment programs
  • Scheduled transportation for chaperoned outings and events
  • Choice of on-site physician care
  • Wellness, fitness and therapy center
  • Outdoor gardens, and walking path
  • Secure and serene environment with three senior friendly outdoor gardens
  • Gourmet and nutritious snacks and meals prepared by our chefs
  • Medication administration

Why Deer Creek?

Lifestyle, Services & Amenities

• Month-to-month payment model without large upfront fees.
  • Gourmet, nutritious snacks and meals prepared by our chef.
  • Engaging activities and events that inspire involvement in community.
  • Open restaurant dining with full menu prepared by our chefs.
  • Complimentary Café/Bistro.
  • On-going health related seminars.
  • Outings to local restaurants and venues.
  • Daily fitness classes.
  • Weekly happy hours.
  • Pet-friendly environment – pets are family too!
  • Emergency response system with 24/7 nursing care available.
  • Medication assistance available.
  • Complimentary scheduled transportation.
  • Professionally-managed salon and spa.
  • Library and movie theatre.
  • Wellness, fitness and therapy center.
  • Three secure outdoor gardens and walking paths.
  • Utilities, basic cable and wireless internet.

Thank you for your interest at Residences at Deer Creek. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Residences at Deer Creek