Bickford of Crown Point

Reviews of Bickford of Crown Point

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Crown Point

June 03, 2021

By Heather

I like Bickford of Crown Point a lot. They were very attentive and made sure all of my questions got answered. They gave me a really nice tour. I saw two different rooms, as well as the outdoor and indoor meeting spaces (and the different ways that they use them). We talked about their calendar of events and their transportations too. One of the things that I really like about the place is that they allow pets, and I think that is really important to point out. I think it is great to have them so welcoming of residents with pets. It probably is the biggest plus about them. It is a new facility so there really cannot be anything wrong with it. It is nice. I like the way it is laid out and the people seemed very well cared for. They showed me the dining area and went over the menu. It was pretty extensive so I think it provides plenty of options for the people who live there.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment Heather! It was a pleasure meeting with you and learning how we can best serve your needs. We are here to ensure that your searching processes is as stress free as possible. We are an extension of your family and will do our absolute best to ensure that you all receive the assistance and guidance to create the perfect situation for your loved one. Thank you for visiting with us and for the wonderful comment.

April 06, 2021

By Betty

Bickford of Crown Point was a very nice facility, and newer, so everything was bright, cheerful, clean, updated, and modern. It was a very nice community. It's on the higher end of the cost spectrum, so it probably isn't gonna work out for us. We interacted with two different people yesterday. One was the director who knew everything that there was to know, but he was busy with another person. Our first encounter was with another person, and she gave us a lot of inaccurate information, and then the director had to come back and correct what she had told us. We almost left because she was giving us information that was inaccurate, and nothing was gonna work for us at all, so we almost left, and then the director was able to follow up with us shortly thereafter, and corrected all her inaccurate information. I know they were trying to do the best that they could since he was busy, but don't send somebody who doesn't know the information to do a tour of your property. It was a very nice facility. I just didn't think that the person that was initially handling us was very good at all, and giving out wrong information.

January 25, 2021

By Reviewer RC#1231b

I visited Bickford of Crown Point. They showed us both the assisted living and memory care. It was nice, the people were friendly, and it was clean. It looked nice. We saw the common area, the dining area, and the meeting room. We saw an apartment, the outside courtyard, and the memory care unit. The room was nice. It was a little small. They seemed good. We only saw it during the visit, but they seemed good, except they were trying to have a church service and the woman who was taking us on a tour was talking very loudly and disrupting the church service, so I felt bad about that. Right now the activities are limited because of COVID, but usually they have the hair salon, they do day trips, jigsaw puzzles in the common areas, and they have books for them to take out and read.

January 01, 2020

By Ron

Bickford of Crown Point was nice and well organized, but I was looking for a place where mom could transition into through Medicaid after her money runs out and they did not have that. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the facility seemed clean.

December 26, 2017

By Megan1313

Last week a resident got drunk and proceeded to try and attack the workers. There was about 5 or 6 of them and they locked themselves in the nurse's station away from her (they didn't even call the cops with their excuse being it would take too long for them to show), leaving the residents all alone with a drunk violent woman. The drunk resident then went into the kitchen trying to grab a knife when the chef stopped her and she then bit the chef. She proceeded to go back into the lobby and grabbed a 102 year old woman in her wheelchair and used her as a RAM to try and break down the door to the nurse's station. They were able to grab the 102 year old and told my grandma to run back to her room. The drunk resident was later sent to the hospital and came back Saturday. Please consider other nursing homes for your loved ones. The resident's lives were endangered and the director refuses to take any action and will not evict the violent resident.

July 17, 2017

By Kathy

Bickford was very nice, smaller, very new, and very clean. There were a group of women out playing an activity, the lady who gave the tour was very nice, and I liked the location. The dining area was very lovely.

November 24, 2016

By Melody257576

I did not like Bickford of Crown Point. It had a big dining room and just felt like a hotel; it didn’t feel like a home. The staff looked like they wouldn’t go out of their way to speak or anything; they just kind of pass by you. It was clean and everything, but it wasn’t anything I would go to.

It can be very overwhelming to search for a home for a loved one. I am very sorry that you were disappointed in your visit and that it didn't feel like home to you. I would like to invite you back to have lunch with me in our dining room as maybe if you experience the atmosphere first hand and taste our food you might feel differently. As far as the staff, I would like to request that you call me with more information such as, date and time of your visit and the staff person who showed you around our community. We always want people to feel welcome when they visit so if you will provide me with more information it will help me provide staff education. Thanks so much for your feedback and I do hope you will call me so we can meet in person. Yvonne Lee Director

November 07, 2016

By Mary780572

Bickford was a very nice facility, but we didn’t like the way they presented the pricing. When we talked to them on the telephone, it was one price, and when we came there’s four different prices according to the care. I should have been informed on the phone. Medicine giving, bringing meals to the room, and he is diabetic so they would have to come in and check his sugar -- everything was an extra fee. It was really a waste of my time to take that tour.

May 10, 2016

By JamesLVGFL

I visited Bickford of Crown Point. They staff was very good, very caring, and had a very good attitude. The room was very spacious, very accommodating, very nice, and very new. They had a lot of activities, and the menu was very good. They had an option that they could bring it to your room, if you did not want to eat in the dining hall. The place was very new, very modern, and well decorated.

October 05, 2015

By Barb33

Bickford Senior Living was a beautiful place, but my uncle was not comfortable there. I liked everything about it; the lady that we met with was very nice. Workers came and talked to him while we were walking around; they were doing group stuff in the lobby. It had a nice dining room. They had beautiful rooms and enough space for him in a room. The set-ups were nice because of how the restrooms were in them.

September 30, 2015

By Nicole13

Bickford of Crown Point was a very nice place. The lady I talked to was very helpful and really seemed to care about what we needed. The rooms were all nice and big. They did have exercise room, and they have a hair salon activity room and cafeteria.

June 23, 2015

My mother hasn't been in there long, but what we've seen so far looked fine.  It's a beautiful place.  The staff seemed like they're happy with their job.  My mother loves the food, and she has been raving about it.  They made ribs, she has never had ribs at the other place, they had fish, and she said it was the best fish she has ever had.  They have a whirlpool tub she is excited about over there.  They have a nice roofed over area that she can sit outside with really big comfy chairs to sit in.  They have flowers and a little bridge, and her new room looks out at the courtyard.  You have to put in a code to get in and get out, so it seems more secure to us than what she had before.  I can't imagine anything that they don't have or don't do.  They're staff is wonderful.  The nursing is excellent.  She is getting her medicines on time and right.  They have a beauty shop there, and when she wants to get her hair done, she can just wait in her room, and they come and get her.  She found people she knew, so she is very happy.  She said it's so much less stressful to have less people in the dining room, and it's a little more toned down.  They do activities, but there's not so much chaos going on -- not a lot of people all over.  She just loves Bickford of Crown Point, and we're very happy.

November 22, 2013

By Arthur99

The facility was neat and clean and the staff very friendly. Having everything on one floor with a limited number of residences makes things very convenient.

Memory Care Reviews for Bickford of Crown Point

Questions about Bickford of Crown Point

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our BFMs are required to complete annual dementia training via our online learning portal. This program includes in-services and tests that must be completed monthly.

What programs or activities does Bickford of Crown Point offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Bickford offers a full calendar of activities for our residents which include daily exercising, bingo, crafts, and much more. We also schedule many activities outside the community including shopping trips, dinner outings, concerts, plays, and more. We tailor our activities around the wants and needs of our residents.

What places are near Bickford of Crown Point or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is just feet away from shopping, restaurants, coffee shops and more.

What transportation services does Bickford of Crown Point offer to assisted living residents?

Bickford provides transportation via HOWIE our community bus. Whether it's local trips for shopping and activities or for an important appointment, HOWIE will get you there and back safe and sound.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bickford of Crown Point exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our kitchen offers fresh from scratch meals for our residents and guests. Our chefs are trained daily on how to prepare each meal by our executive chef. Diets can be tailored based on food restrictions and doctor's orders.

What safety features or security measures does Bickford of Crown Point offer to assisted living residents?

Bickford outfits each of our apartments with call systems to page our caregiving team. We also offer pendants that can be worn around the neck similar to life alert as well as wander devices. Each of our exits are passcode protected to offer safety and security for our residents and families.

How does Bickford of Crown Point keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our amazing team of caregivers communicates with the family directly for resident needs/concerns. We also send monthly happiness checks to each family for feedback on how we can improve the quality of our service.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Bickford of Crown Point during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our assisted living staffs a total of 4+ caregivers for our 42 apartments during daytime hours and 2-3+ during nighttime. We also have additional care support on-call 24 hrs a day via our Registered Nurse Coordinator.

If Bickford of Crown Point accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Bickford welcomes our furry friends to enjoy our entire campus. From the courtyard to the front lawn we have plenty of room for our furry friends to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our BFMs receive monthly and annual training in the areas of activities, medication management, providing care to residents, etc.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our memory care staffs 3+ BFMs for our 16 apartments in the daytime and 2+ overnight.

What safety features or security measures does Bickford of Crown Point provide to protect residents who wander?

Bickford has a safe and secure campus with coded exterior doors along with wander devices that are offered to residents who possess a need.

What programs or activities does Bickford of Crown Point offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Bickford provides individual and small group activities called "cuetivites" to keep our residents engaged. Each caregiver is responsible for reviewing resident history, interests, and past employment to create rewarding activities throughout each shift.

Our Registered Nurse Coordinator performs all resident assessments. Assessments are performed at move-in, 30 days after move-in, and every 6 months following the 30-day assessment.

What techniques does Bickford of Crown Point use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Bickford offers visual options to our memory care residents that are unable to make choices via our daily menu.

How does Bickford of Crown Point keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Bickford caregivers communicate important information regarding resident care needs in real time with families.

Describe the neighborhood around Bickford of Crown Point. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Bickford is situated in Crown Point off Broadway and 107th Ave. We are surrounded by shopping, restaurants and local businesses.

Is Bickford of Crown Point affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Bickford partners with all hospitals in the local area to provide our residents with the best care needed. Families are encouraged to communicate their hospital preferences during the resident assessment.

Costs for Bickford of Crown Point

• Personal Care Assistants

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Bickford of Crown Point

Welcome to Bickford of Crown Point, one of Indiana's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford of Crown Point is conveniently located on East 107th Avenue, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Crown Point senior living community.

At Bickford of Crown Point, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Crown Point. Each resident of our Indiana assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Crown Point senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual’s life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Crown Point. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Crown Point assisted living in Indiana, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Indiana assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Crown Point