Crown Point Christian Village

Reviews of Crown Point Christian Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Crown Point Christian Village

November 26, 2016

By dieFrau

My mother has been at the CPCV for over a year. After touring many facilities, we chose this for the long-term care our mother would require. The staff is kind and respectful toward the residents; the medical care is pro-active; the staff keeps the residents clean and dressed; the beauty/barber shop keeps the residents looking like themselves; the food is good and tailored to the specific needs; the place is clean and secure; the residents are kept appropriately socialized; and their spiritual needs are addressed. The staff is continually trained and re-certified. They keep the family informed. For us the only negative was the location, not easy for us to visit more than twice a week; but that is only on our side of the equation. When other facilities were playing rap music--for the staff probably and confusing for residents most certainly--big band music was playing in an area at the Village. Other facilities had an aroma to knock you over; the Village looks and smells clean. Laundry is kept up. We have visited morning, noon, and night on different days of the week. The high quality of care has been consistent. They care for the whole resident and help the family through even the complicated financial strains. We're in very compitent, caring hands.

November 17, 2014

By C.M.1

I went to Chicagoland Christian Village to visit my aunt. The rooms were nice and clean. The food was good. I know that they have activities of different kinds like entertainment going on. It would be good if they would have security on their doors for the assisted living.

September 26, 2014

By booboo22

I am a relative of a resident in this facility. It has changed quite a bit throughout the years. (My daughter worked here years ago) There are nurses that are compassionate and informative. Others are sometimes not very educated if your loved has special needs, so the facility should require more education on specialized feeding tubes, sterile procedure when changing a patient and touching a site that is considered to be "Under sterile conditions only" especially if you see blood, which I have. I am extremely unhappy with this facility for the mere fact that I feel they placed my loved one in danger of cross contamination and have seen it many times. CHANGE YOUR GLOVES!!!

November 27, 2013

By JS4

One thing I liked about Christian Village is that you could go from assisted living to the nursing home to hospice all in one building. The staff is very caring. The rooms are well kept and her apartment is very nice. The food is fine and their dining room looks like being in a restaurant. They also have lots of activities.

July 27, 2011

By Augustthecat

This is the best assisted living facility in Northwestern Indiana, by far. My mother is a resident now; my father lived in four other facilities in the area. The staff, from custodians to nurses, are kind, compassionate, and highly professional. My mom is treated with dignity and respect. The facility is immaculate. They pay attention to the details -- pianists play at mealtimes (residents!), aides bring around snack carts in the evening and actually take the time to gently urge residents to have a treat or two. Medical care is pro-active and thorough. I have never seen such a superb nursing staff. I live 4 hours away, and the nurses keep me informed on my mom's condition and I know that she is getting the best care possible (a continual problem for my Dad, hence his 4 different facilities).

Nursing Home Reviews for Crown Point Christian Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Crown Point Christian Village

Questions about Crown Point Christian Village

What programs or activities does Crown Point Christian Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have an Activity Director, Activity Manager and coordinators who oversee and lead our residents in daily, life enrichment activities.

What places are near Crown Point Christian Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are only 5 miles east of Interstate 65. We are within 5-10 minutes from shopping and dining establishments. We have a walking path for residents and their families to utilize for outdoor walks.

What transportation services does Crown Point Christian Village offer to assisted living residents?

We offer complimentary, round trip transportation to medical appointments.

What safety features or security measures does Crown Point Christian Village offer to assisted living residents?

We are a secure and safe community. Our building doors are secured and locked after hours. Staff on duty can let families or residents into out of the building after hours.

How does Crown Point Christian Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have email, phone and text blasts we send out to family members to keep them updated and informed on their loved ones and on the community.

If Crown Point Christian Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept one cat or dog per apartment, no more than 25 lbs. They have plenty of lawn space to walk their dogs. Some apartments on the first level have walk out patios, for added convenience.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have state regulated, online webinars and training courses that are mandatory that our staff complete on a monthly basis.

What safety features or security measures does Crown Point Christian Village provide to protect residents who wander?

All doors are locked and secure during and after hours. Codes are used to enter or exit the building during or after hours. Main doors are staffed during business hours for families and residents to enter and exit freely. If necessary, we have wander guards we can use for residents who wander.

Costs for Crown Point Christian Village

• Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• State Licenses: 19-001198-1

About Crown Point Christian Village

Discover a caring, homelike and compassionate atmosphere in a truly friendly Christian senior living community. Crown Point Christian Village serves seniors of every age on a 70-acre, gated campus near Lakes of the Four Seasons in Crown Point, Indiana.

Our goal is to encourage the highest possible level of independence for our residents while providing emotional, spiritual and physical support to enhance they are well being.

Our highly trained staff works as a team to provide quality, personalized care—treating each resident with respect and dignity. Count on Crown Point Christian Village to help you live and age better. When it makes sense—we are there for you.

Assisted Living Apartment Homes

Our apartments are light-filled and spacious, and feature a full-sized kitchen and plenty of closet space. Weekly housekeeping and laundry are provided, and assistance with daily living is available. You’ll enjoy three home-style meals daily as well as a full activities program.

Amenities and Services

Residents have access to our beautiful campus, which features gazebos, an orchard, memory garden and a playground for visiting grandkids. Residents also enjoy an activities program that includes the seven dimensions of wellness.

As a faith-based not-for-profit, Christian Horizons’ mission has been to honor God by delivering a continuum of compassionate care that promotes independence, wellness and affordable living for older adults.

Map of Crown Point Christian Village