Holiday Washington Commons

Reviews of Holiday Washington Commons

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday Washington Commons

February 24, 2022

By Zellena

I toured Washington Commons and the community was pleasant. Several residents came up to greet me. The tour was pleasant, too. The person who toured me around the facility was very informative. We also had a meal. I was with a guest and we had a very good meal there. They had a one-bedroom apartment and it looked suitable. I'm in a two-bedroom apartment now, so that would be like downsizing for me, and you have to get rid of some stuff. But this goes along with the program, so that's to be expected. The maintenance and upkeep seemed appropriate. There wasn't anything lying around or obviously broken, so it seemed OK. The chef came and introduced herself and checked on our lunch and how we enjoyed it. The food was delicious. It was warm at the time of the meal, not cold or anything. They boasted a chef who came from a certain school. The service was fine, too. The dining area had pleasant surroundings. They read off the menu and greeted everyone before the meal. There was a menu on the table and they offered plenty of beverages from water, tea, and the coffee, which was so good. They had a class going on at the time where there was, I think, chair aerobics or something like that. Then they have activities galore with a calendar full of activities.

September 25, 2021

By Dee

I visited Washington Commons, and we liked everything. I think the main thing was that it is a retirement village, but as you age or have issues, you don't have to move away to somewhere else; and that's a big plus. The staff was excellent, her name's Beth. She was wonderful and gave us all the needed information; it's great. We liked everything there. The layout, cleanliness, and friendliness. They are resident-friendly for everything. They have lots of outdoor space courtyards. A few of the units have patios or balconies. They have exercise equipment, a library, and a beauty salon in there. They have everything you need, and it's all-inclusive. There's transportation for five days a week.

September 14, 2021

By Ralph

Washington Commons was clean and seemed to be well-maintained. We looked at single bedroom apartments. They looked like they would be very good for my father if he would make the decision to move. The staff was very informative and helpful. If I can get my dad to come up here for a visit, they said that we can have a lunch over there to show it off to my dad. That would be very helpful, I think. They gave us a menu, and it seemed very good. They serve it in a restaurant style, and you have a couple of different options, and it looked like it would be very good. We didn't see any real activities. We saw a lot of people in the social area, sitting around talking and stuff, and they introduced us to what they called facility coordinators. Two of the residents there act as coordinators for new people and they get them introduced into living there. The facility has been there a few years. It's not dirty or anything like that, but it's worn and has been used. The staff was very informative, very friendly, and seemed to be excited about their job, and enthusiastic.

September 04, 2021

By G.D.

Washington Commons was very good. I saw all the amenities, and I like them all. It's independent living and they offer three meals a day, parking spaces for $35, different kinds of appliances, studios, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms. They have an exercise room and a physical-therapy room. They have activities like bingo, church, and Bible study. The only thing about it is a lot of the people were using walkers and canes. That's the only thing that's different for me. The staff knew all the residents by name. They also spent hours with me explaining everything, answering all my questions, and showing me everything. The dining area was very nice, and you can pick up your food if you want to eat it but don't want to go there. Compared to the other places, their price is reasonable. They have apartments and not just rooms.

September 02, 2021

By William

We did a tour of Washington Commons. It was fine. The tour was great. The staff was very informative. I remember she was very professional, and everything was great. The facility was very well maintained, it's very clean. Just no issues at all. I didn't get a chance to look at apartments. I was looking for some type of assistance for the cost of staying there. They don't have that; they're more private, you pay independently. They don't have anything for living assistance, so it was a little much for us. The location is beautiful and it's very nice. I would like to stay there if I could.

August 10, 2021

By Kimberly

We toured Washington Commons, and it's been great. The staff has been very helpful, and very friendly. We went in, took a tour, and they were just very nice, very informative. The dining area was very good.

August 04, 2021

By Susan2

We like Washington Commons, but my father-in-law needed a little more assistance than they had to offer. It was very good. The only reason we didn't choose it is because he needed a little more assistance than they could offer. The staff was very nice and very pleasant. The apartments were OK. Compared to where he is going, they're not as nice because it's a newer place. The accommodation at Washington Commons was nice. The facility was nice, but I think they need to do an all-inclusive. It's a good location, other than a lot of traffic coming in and out on the main highway.

Hello Susan, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed the community and had such kind things to say about our associates. We hope your father-in-law enjoys his new community.

June 22, 2021

By S.S.

I like the setup at Washington Commons. They had the dining room right there, and everyone came down to eat together. The staff was very cordial, professional, and knowledgeable of the facility and what amenities they had. She did her best, and she tried really hard. I appreciate her efforts. I like the place.

May 12, 2021

By Ginger

Washington Commons was good. The staff was a great help. I saw a 1-bedroom, and it was good. They showed me the dining area and the exercise room. There was a sitting area and little places where you can pot vegetables or flowers outside. With the Covid, they weren't really doing much dining, so I don't know what the food was like.

October 10, 2020

By Mary Walker

We really enjoyed our visit at Washington Commons. It's in a safe location and the resident all seem to enjoy living there. The residents have 3 meals a day and the rooms were very spacious. We like this community because it seemed bright and the residents all seemed to be fairly active. The residents also are allowed to come and go compared to other places in the area we looked at. We plan to move mom in end of month and we are very grateful for all the help we have received during this transition. Thank you Barbara, Matt, Michelle and all the staff.

September 25, 2020

By Darla

My mother moved into Washington Commons. I really like it, and my mother really likes it. They serve three meals a day, and they're very timely with those meals because she's a diabetic and she has to eat her meals at certain times of the day. They have nice washers and dryers, they have a nice laundry room, it's clean, and there's no smell. The employees that work there are very friendly. The first day we moved her in the first thing they said to us was, "Make sure you wear your mask." They have a nice walk-in area too. They have a sidewalk that goes all the way around the building, and if you do one complete lap it's one mile. There's a lot of seniors that live there, the apartment she's in is not very big, but it's not very small. I like it.

December 15, 2019

By Randall

Washington Commons is outstanding. It is an excellent community. The staff is wonderful. Matt was excellent. He even paired us with a resident ambassador. The whole experience was outstanding. We were very impressed by what they provide. We were looking for a one-bedroom apartment; it was lacking a little bit of closet space, but everything else looked wonderful. The place was very clean. The dining area was very nice, and it was like a restaurant with waiters.

July 27, 2019

By Stephanie

I toured Washington Commons. It was really nice, the people seemed nice, there was a lot of activity in the evening, and the people were out taking to each other. The staff has been very nice, patient, and informative. The room had just been vacated, so it was not fixed up, but it was nice. The dining area was really nice and the food seemed OK. We looked at the menu.

July 04, 2019

By Margaret

Washington Commons was very nice, but they did not have a kitchen. They provide three meals a day, and the food was good. The staff was very nice, very polite, and very informed. They offered laundry, housekeeping, meals, and security. The facility was very pretty and very nice. The food was OK, not the best.

December 30, 2018

By Richard

Washington Commons is a fabulous place with a tremendous activities schedule. My daughter ate there, and she said it's fabulous how they take care of their guests. I would rate the staff a 5. A place is a place, but a home is a home, and the staff is what makes it not just a place but a home. They have all the facilities as well.

July 24, 2018

By Inion

My father has been living at Washington Commons since January of this year. The first month or two were difficult for us as he got used to the new surroundings and they got used to him. However, he absolutely loves it there now and is genuinely happy. When I pick him up for events or dinners at my house, he is always ready to go home to Washington Commons which is a huge comfort to me. He has a one bedroom apartment on the third floor which is the perfect size for him. The bathroom is a good size with a shower that is easy to get in and out of without difficulty. There are two large hallway closets just outside of the bathroom. The living area is a great size with an open concept for the small dining area and kitchen area. None of the rooms have stoves/ovens but all have a full size fridge, small sink, and counter area. There is room for a table and chairs as well as a full living room set. The bedroom is huge and has room for a full bedroom set and desk plus extras. Housekeeping is provided on a weekly basis and they do a very good job of keeping the apartment and the building very clean. They are also part of the friendly ambiance of the community. Cable and all utilities are included with the rent. Additionally, there are three meals in the dining room prepared by an onsite chef. I think the food is delicious and have often eaten a meal with my father when visiting him. My understanding from the other residents is that they would like a little more variety but I believe that would be a challenge even in the best of circumstances. There are daily activities and outings on a daily basis which helps to keep the residents busy and involved. My father does complain that there is not enough to do but I honestly think is because he has so much free time on his hands now with little to fill it. When living at my house, he literally had nothing to do all day. Now he does and is one of the reasons why I believe he loves it at Washington Commons. The staff including everyone from housekeeping to management are what make the place an excellent and welcoming place to live. All have different personalities and interact differently with the residents but all are positive, welcoming, helpful, and professional. Matt, David and Dawn from management each have gone above and beyond in multiple different ways to make sure that the residents are comfortable and happy.

Hello Inion, we truly appreciate this wonderful review. We're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Washington Commons. We love having your father as a resident and are thrilled he chose to make Washington Commons his new home. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything from us! Thanks!

March 31, 2018

By Susan

Washington Commons would be a good place for my mom but not for my dad. The 2-bedroom unit was very nice and really big. The whole place was large. The person who contacted me and assisted me was super nice. There was a large and nice dining room, and they serve an appetizer, the main entree, and then the dessert. The place looked clean, and it would be a good place for a more independent living person.

Hi Susan, we greatly value the feedback you've provided. We love hearing back from guests and residents. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for visiting Washington Commons!

October 06, 2017

By Karen

Washington Commons was very nice, and we liked it. It's independent living but too expensive for us at this time. The staff was very nice. We didn't have a bad experience. The grounds and location were very nice. The only downfall is if the senior is a driver, there isn't a red light when you exit the location, and it's on an extremely busy road, especially for making a left turn. We saw different-sized one- and two-bedrooms that were all very nice. My aunt was very happy there.

Hi Karen, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Washington Commons. We're happy we could meet your expectations and also appreciate your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Have a great day!

April 05, 2017

By Suzanne625003

I liked Washington Commons a lot. I was shown a small room where you could put a twin bed, a reclining chair, and a chest, and it had a balcony with a view of the garden. I also saw a one-bedroom apartment with a nice-sized bedroom, living area, and little kitchen. Every day, there were a lot of activities to do, and they had a bus that would take you shopping. The place was very active.

March 30, 2017

By George801781

The person that we talked to at Washington Commons was extremely nice. It was a place that I would like to go. There was only 1 apartment with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. The other rooms had a kitchenette with a sink and a microwave oven; that’s it. We are not allowed to use a stove, and that turned us off. But the place was very nice and very pleasant. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. I think they should have more apartments where the residents could cook.

December 06, 2016

By Andrew333432

My father is at Washington Commons. The lady that I was working with was excellent. I am pretty pleased. The price is low and definitely available. It’s clean. The washer and dryer are free of charge, and they have everything that you could think of. It’s an excellent place for retirees. They have something every day.

November 30, 2016

By Gary027132

It was very good, but my mother needs a little more care than what they can provide at Washington Commons. The staff was nice, very knowledgeable, and very professional. I had a very good tour of the place, but unfortunately it was just nothing that my mother would fit into. The dining area was very nice.

November 22, 2016

By Charlotte686551

Washington Commons was a beautiful place but large. They had all kinds of activities every day, like bingo and outside activities. They served all three meals, had laundry services, and had somebody that did hair. They had somebody that came in to help them with their medical needs and transportation to places that you might need to go.

April 06, 2016

By Mae8

Washington Commons was excellent. We had a good visit. The lady that showed us around was charming and told us everything that we needed to know. Their apartments were wonderful, nice, and big. We visited one of the ladies there, and her apartment was very charming and as nice as could be. We really enjoyed our visit.

October 30, 2015

I went to Washington Commons, and I thought it was very good. I was impressed with the facility. I didn’t think the costs were outrageous for what they offered. So all in all, I was satisfied with the visit. It is just that we are not ready to make that kind of commitment right now. I just wanted to see what options were out there. All I saw was the model room and the common areas, and I thought they were spacious, clean, and looked efficient and well-maintained. There was some maintenance going on when we were there, but they cleaned it all away, which was not a big deal for something I would expect as common routine stuff; they were working on the AC at that time. I spoke with, I guess, the new managers, both the husband wife, and they seemed knowledgeable and caring. I had no objections. For what it was, it was fine. They had a little concert that was going on when we were there. I have not tried the food; my dad didn’t want to, and we haven’t gone back. They have, on more than one occasion, invited us back to taste the food. I would give it a 4 four just because I don’t know what else is out there. I liked their list of activities. My dad did not, and it would have been for him, so, therefore, that to me is saying,” OK, maybe there is something that’s missing here.” But I liked the fact that they were trying to keep everybody engaged and social. I think that it is going to be my biggest problem with my father -- he is retreating more and more into himself. But that is one thing that I did like about it, that there was a social activity. There was camaraderie amongst the patrons there.

September 16, 2015

Everything is very nice at Washington Commons. They have their own chef, and the food is very good. They have tons of activities like bingo and exercise. I don’t know anything for them to improve on, but I would recommend them.

July 28, 2015

By Jay13

The staff was helpful and friendly at Washington Commons. The rooms were spacious and convenient. They had activities like exercises and religious services. I had a meal there, and the food was very good. The dining setup was like a restaurant. It was nice.

June 19, 2015

By Peter32

Washington Commons is a very nice place, and that is what I have selected. What I like best about it is you don't have to buy the apartment or the house; you rent it. As for the staff, it is impossible to make any observation from one visit. You cannot say anything about the food because one meal doesn't give you an idea. You would have to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have it several times. I'm a gourmet cook, so I'm not easily pleased. I would not be interested in the rooms because none of the rooms have any cooking facility. As I said, I'm a gourmet cook, and I want to continue doing some of the cooking for myself. The only place I can take is one of the villages. For improvement, they could use an apartment with a good kitchen, but there is no such thing, and you have to get one of their cottages in order to have any kind of kitchen facility; those are very limited. If anyone is in the same condition as I am in, then I would most certainly recommend it.

Peter32, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback; your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service, and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us your feedback. While you left us a 2 star review, after reading your comments, I believe this must have been accidental, as you seem to be very happy, content, and well-adjusted in your community -- which we are so happy to see! We hope you continue having a fantastic experience with us at Washingtom Commons, and thanks again for the kind words!!

May 01, 2015

They didn't have a kitchen in Washington Commons. It's a nice place, but I like my own little stove and refrigerator. The staff did a good job. They tried to show me stuff that they had, but it's just not for me. You would go down to eat in their dining area. The rooms were really nice, and they had a very beautiful dining area. They had shopping, movie day, and museum day.

November 19, 2014

By Tracey6

The staff of Washington Commons is absolutely wonderful. They do a really good job of taking care of the folks that live there. My dad has his own place, he can come and go as he pleases, and he has kind of a whole community of people. They also serve food three times a day. They offer a variety of activities. There is bingo as well card games going on, and they have outdoor games like once a month. They have something for the whole community to participate in. It is like a big family

October 24, 2014

I was very impressed with the décor and the spaciousness of the building at Washington Commons and also the people there seemed to be very active and enjoying themselves. It was mainly the location and the building seemed really nice. The people were very friendly as well. They have bingo, they also have get togethers and have cooking demonstrations. They have a lot of different activities. My mom doesn’t really like a lot of activities, but I'm glad that they offered them. She does go down to the dining room and meet her friends for lunch and dinner.

August 27, 2014

We were extremely pleased with Washington Commons, but my mother-in-law was just too far gone. They wouldn't be able to care for her the way they needed to. The whole place was great. It was very well run. Very nice people; everybody that was there was very professional. A nice room with a refrigerator and balcony and everything you need. They had walking trails, tennis places, and games. They had church there, and they had people doing your hair there. It's a complete facility.

April 01, 2014

By Itala

Washington Commons was wonderful, and the people were very helpful. They had studios, one-bedroom apartments, and two-bedroom apartments. They invited me to stay for lunch, and the food was great. The presentation and the service were great. The dining area was very large; it had tables with four people to a table. The staff was excellent and addressed my concerns. They have a lot of activities; nobody would be bored there. If I could afford it, I would be there already.

October 17, 2013

By Cathy30

The staff, from the management team to my mother's housekeeper, is compassionate and attentive. The facility is beautifully maintained. The dining experiences have exceeded my family's expectations. We think of Washington Commons as a cruise ship that is permanently docked. For each meal, there are several delicious and nutritious choices. I eat in the dining room no less than twice a week and look forward each time to what the chef has prepared. The environment is positive and full of life. In the words of my mother, "Everyone is so friendly here!" I would choose this for my own home but I'm not of age yet!

August 26, 2013

By Barbara66692150

I went to visit Washington Commons and I liked it. It was much better than the other facility that I visited. The staff were very nice, pleasant and accommodating. The efficiency apartments were a little small but the one bedroom apartments were fine. They had one bedroom, living room, nice bathroom, little kitchen area without stoves and some had porches. The dining room looked pleasant and the service was excellent. They served three meals a day for seven days a week. The meals were excellent. They did your sheets and towels, cleaned the unit once a week and laundry was free of charge. There was a workout area, library and an area where you could bring your laptop, and cable was free. There was ample parking space for the residents and there was no pet fee. They did everything for you and my experience was very good.

June 26, 2013

By caring9949

I went for a visit at Washington Commons and I was impressed with them. When I sell my house that's where I'm going. They have studio room and one bedroom. The staff are very nice. I was able to eat there a few times and the food was very good. I was impressed. They have bingo and card plays. They also go to places like the grocery store or to the doctor. I've talked to a lot of residents there and they were nice. They all seemed to like the place.

Questions about Holiday Washington Commons

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday Washington Commons. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday Washington Commons offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday Washington Commons exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday Washington Commons offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday Washington Commons accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday Washington Commons work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday Washington Commons

Photos of Holiday Washington Commons

Services and Amenities of Holiday Washington Commons

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday Washington Commons

Washington Commons is located in Evans, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Washington Commons for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday Washington Commons