34 Assisted Living Facilities near Martinez, GA
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Martinez area, with 6 in Martinez and 28 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Martinez is $3,885 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Evans with an average starting cost of $3,509.
To help you with your search, browse the 127 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Martinez. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Martinez 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Martinez find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Martinez, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Martinez, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Martinez
Located in Columbia County, Georgia, where there are approximately 16,120 seniors, Martinez is listed as one of the best places to retire in the Augusta area. A lack of state income tax on Social Security benefits and proximity to the city and coast provide seniors with plenty of things to see and do.
Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, assisted living communities in Georgia to provide housing for seniors who need help with daily living tasks like grooming, meals, medication administration and housekeeping. There are five communities located within the city limits and 27 in nearby cities like Evans and Augusta.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Martinez
- The Martinez area cost of living is lower than the U.S. rating of 100 at 94.5. Housing is the main contributor to the cost of living difference with the average home value in the city around $155,600. Seniors may find it easy to purchase necessities and stay within a budget while paying for assisted living in the city.
- The climate in Martinez is ideal for seniors who enjoy being outdoors. While summers are hot and humid with average highs around 92, winters are short and mild with average lows rarely dropping to freezing.
- Assisted living facilities in Martinez have security measures in place to keep senior residents safe due to the high overall rate of crime. This average is 11 percent higher than the national average.
- The city of Martinez has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital in Augusta.
- Martinez has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Martinez Community Foundation, an organization that creates fundraisers to support the needs of seniors in the area.
- The Columbia County Public Transit Department provides transportation for seniors in Martinez to and from medical appointments and for various errands in the city at discounted fares. The system offers curb-to-curb services, and special reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Paying for Assisted Living in Martinez
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Martinez start around $3,885 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Martinez and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Martinez
For seniors living in assisted living communities in Martinez, the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is a state Medicaid waiver that can help low-income seniors cover the cost of care. The Georgia Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) Medicaid waiver is another option that helps pay for both medical care and non-medical personal care. Neither waivers pay for private room and board, but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Martinez
Martinez and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Martinez, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Martinez
Martinez-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Martinez
Review of Thrive at Augusta
We were very pleased with Thrive at Augusta. We were able to see one of the units, and they were very beautiful; we were very happy with it. They have tall ceilings, sliding front doors, two shower... Read more
Review of Claiborne at West Lake
The Claiborne at West Lake is real nice. They have people and caregivers there all the time. My friend is having a good experience there. She has her bedroom, which is real nice, and the bathroom r... Read more
Review of Thrive at Augusta
I had an actual visit at Thrive at Augusta. I just saw some of the grounds, and I didn't get to go inside. I went inside the assisted living apartment, but I didn't get to go inside the whole place... Read more