43 Assisted Living Facilities near North Augusta, SC
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Augusta area, with 2 in North Augusta and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Augusta is $3,997 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,595. Cheaper nearby regions include Augusta with an average starting cost of $2,875.
To help you with your search, browse the 159 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Augusta. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Augusta 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Martinez with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in North Augusta find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Augusta, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Augusta, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Augusta
North Augusta, South Carolina is listed as one of the best places to retire in Aiken County. Conveniently located along the Savannah River, North Augusta provides plenty of outdoor activities for seniors who enjoy nature. There are 42 assisted living facilities in the area. Usually referred to as community residential care facilities, assisted living facilities in South Carolina are regulated by the Board of Health and Environmental Control.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Augusta
- Seniors on a budget may find it easier to save money due to the lower cost of living in North Augusta. The cost of living is 92.9, which is lower than the national average of 100 and the state average of 94.
- Crime is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). In North Augusta, the violent crime rate is 15.6, which is much lower than the national average of 31.1. The property crime average is 56.5, which is significantly higher than the national average of 38.1. Seniors who live in the area have a small chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime but should take care to guard personal belongings.
- Summers in North Augusta are hot and humid with highs around 92, which may make it difficult for seniors who are sensitive to the heat. Winters are cold with lows around 34. The area only gets around an inch of snow per year.
- The North Augusta area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the University Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- North Augusta has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Citizens Council of Greater Augusta, an organization that provides a diverse amount of services for seniors in the area, as well as two senior centers.
- The Best Friend Express provides discount fares for seniors over the age of 60 who need transportation for errands and medical appointments. The bus offers fixed routes for areas all over the city.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Augusta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in North Augusta start around $3,997 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Augusta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Augusta
The South Carolina Medicaid State Plan provides financial assistance to eligible seniors who need help paying for assisted living in North Augusta. To qualify, seniors must meet all Medicaid program criteria and must receive the Optional State Supplement (OSS) to the Federal Supplemental Security Income program. Family supplementation is not allowed in combination with the Medicaid waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Augusta
North Augusta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Augusta, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Augusta
North Augusta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in North Augusta, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Augusta
Review of Hammond Place
I looked at Hammond Place. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. They provide me with a wealth of information and even did a follow-up, which was kind of them. The rooms were nice and spac... Read more
Review of Hammond Place
Hammond Place has a caring staff. The administrator is very in tune with the residents and the family members. You get three meals a day and snacks. They have two cooks who would come out and talk ... Read more
Review of Brookdale North Augusta
My mother-in-law is at Brookdale North Augusta. It's very homey and an older assisted living facility, but very well-maintained. The room she's in right now is rather small though, almost like a do... Read more