3 Assisted Living Facilities near Thomson, GA
Also serving communities of Warrenton, Stapleton.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Thomson area, with 2 in Thomson and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Thomson is $1,850 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Thomson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Thomson 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Thomson, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Thomson, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Thomson
Thomson, Georgia, is a small city located in McDuffie County. Approximately 6,600 people live in Thomson, and nearly 16 percent of them are seniors. In the city of Thomson and the surrounding suburbs, there are three assisted living facilities.
Thomson’s assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Community Health. The state defines assisted living communities as care homes that help 25 or more residents with personal care, medication management and other daily tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Thomson
- The cost of living in Thomson is 15.3 percent lower than the national average, making it an attractive choice for budget-conscious seniors. The biggest factor in Thomson’s low cost of living is its housing prices, though groceries are also less expensive than in the rest of the country.
- Thomson has a more comfortable year-round climate than the national average, with winter lows in the 30s and summer highs in the 90s. The city also has an average of 222 sunny days per year, while the U.S. average is 205.
- Like many small communities, Thomson has limited public transportation. Residents can arrange transportation to appointments with the McDuffie County Rural Transportation System, and a senior rate is available.
- Within Georgia, Thomson has a lower crime rate than approximately 65 percent of communities. Residents of this city have a one in 550 chance of being a victim of a violent crime, so seniors can feel safe.
- Thomson offers limited arts and culture opportunities for seniors. The city’s attractions include the McDuffie Museum and the MAC on Main Art Gallery. The city also hosts an annual fox hunt.
- Thomson has few facilities to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Augusta, Georgia.
Paying for Assisted Living in Thomson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Thomson start around $1,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Thomson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Thomson
Thomson’s seniors may be eligible to receive financial assistance from Georgia’s Community Care Services Program (CCSP). This Medicaid waiver program may provide funding to help seniors pay for the costs of licensed assisted living facilities. Eligibility is based on financial and medical need, among other factors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Thomson
Thomson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Thomson, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Thomson
Thomson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Thomson
Review of Watson Manor
Watson Manor was good and had excellent service, care, and people who worked there. They had good customer service, environment, and food. The place was really clean and had a well-kept lawn. The i... Read more
Review of Watson Manor
Watson manor was a caring and easy to work with small facility that worked well with my brother-in-law, while his health was failing. Read more