32 Assisted Living Facilities near Evans, GA
With an average cost of $3,198 in Evans, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 30 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 8 facilities in Evans.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Evans, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Evans
Listed as one of the best places to live, Evans, Georgia, is a small city located approximately 10 miles west of Augusta. Evans was also voted one of the best towns for families. There are eight assisted living facilities in the area and 23 nearby. Assisted living facilities in Georgia commonly refer to communities with 25 or more residents. Personal care homes are also available for two or more adults. Both are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Evans
- Seniors on a budget may find it challenging to live in Evans due to a high cost of living. Compared to the national and state average of 100, the cost of living in Evans is 111.3.
- The climate in Evans is ideal for seniors who enjoy the heat. Summers are hot and humid, with highs in July around 92. There is rarely any snow, and January lows are around 32. The area gets around 45 inches of rain per year, which is slightly higher than the US average of 39.
- Both property crime and violent crime is better in Evans when compared to the national average, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy exploring the city. Based on a scale from one to 100, property crime in Evans is 26.2, compared to the U.S. average of 38.1. The violent crime average is 26.2, compared to the national average of 38.1.
- For seniors aged 60 and older, the Grovetown Senior Center provides transportation to and from the center, and the Columbia County Transit System also offers rides at discount fares.
- The city of Evans has few facilities from which to choose in the event of medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Augusta.
- Evans has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Citizens Council of Greater Augusta, an organization that provides an array of services to seniors in the area, as well as at least three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Evans
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Evans start around $3,198 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Evans and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Evans
Eligible seniors may qualify for assistance paying for an assisted living community or a personal care home through the state's two Medicaid waiver programs. The Community Care Services Program is available for individuals 60 and older who are eligible for Medicaid and who require daily care. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is for those 65 and older who need a nursing home level of care. Individuals may be younger than 65 if they are physically disabled.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Evans
Evans and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Evans, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Evans
Evans-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Evans, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Evans
Review of Waverly Gardens of Evans- CLOSED
I went to Waverly Gardens of Evans. My mother didn't like that community at all. It was a small community, a small number of residents. The facilities were small, kind of outdated, had no modern co... Read more
Review of The Oaks at Evans
I went to see The Oaks at Evans. When I went to the community, I loved the customer service part. They were very friendly. They were very caring, and they asked a lot of questions. I answered a lot... Read more
Review of Brandon Wilde
Lovely place with the ability to age in place should more services be needed. Read more