Atria Greenridge Place

Reviews of Atria Greenridge Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Greenridge Place

October 31, 2017

By Edward

Atria Greenridge Place was very nice, up-to-date, and sunny. It is a lovely place, but it's a little too far away from my house. Nevertheless, They provide three meals, housekeeping, transportation to doctors' appointments and shopping, cable television, air-conditioning, and many social activities. We looked at a single bedroom, but there was a studio and a 2-bedroom available as well. The young man that gave us the tour was very accommodating and nice.

December 07, 2016

By Terryl072711

Atria Greenridge Place was the one I was most impressed with for my mother's need at that time. I would recommend that place. I was impressed with the whole layout of the place. Everybody seemed happy. The staff was very friendly. The cafeteria space was very open, wide, airy, and clean. The studio rooms that I was shown for my mom were very nice and very well laid out. My overall impression was very that if we reached the point that we had to move her into assisted living, that would be the place that suited her. In the room that I saw, the bathroom was very wide. It could easily accommodate a wheelchair, and you could easily actually roll into the shower. It had place where you could sit. The bathroom could accommodate elderly very well. They were willing to take my mother there for a week, and the gentleman there -- Scott, the administrator or manager -- was willing to help look into other benefits and checked periodically.

September 02, 2016

By btb1208

I’m sorry to say that the quality of life at the Atria has deteriorated over the past few years. The revolving door of upper management is not a good sign. Communication with families of residents has not been good. The former Engage Life Director, Jeremy, was fantastic. He always had programs going on, stayed in touch with families, and made events fun (the Hawaiian luau and holiday parties that he ran were fabulous!). Right now, I have never met nor have I seen the new Manager of the Atria (Scott?), the Engage Life Director, or the Business Manager. These are all people that I chatted with and used to see every time I visited my parent. The nursing staff, the CNA’s, the wait staff in the Dining Room are all very respectful of the residents and seem to work very hard. However, there seems to be a big disconnect between how they treat residents and how management handles themselves. It makes me really sad since we had such a good experience with Cheryl (former Business Manager), Sandra (she was the person who actually came to my parent’s rehab facility to recruit), Jeremy, and Jeff (who handled the snow storms of 2 years ago better than we ever could have hoped). There seem to be a lot of empty apartments right now and it’s not surprising since I honestly can say that I could not in good conscience refer anyone’s parent to the Atria based on the way things are now. We did refer someone two years ago when we were very happy with the service, but that is not the case anymore. In addition, the quality of the food has gone downhill. I fully understand that working with the elderly population has its challenges. However, people like Holly M. seem to genuinely love what they do and care deeply about the quality of life of the residents. In my opinion, everyone in a management position at the Atria should have the same attitude about providing a warm, welcoming, intellectually stimulating environment for people who are paying a lot of money to live there. If rents and cost for personal care services go up by much in January because management fails to keep the apartments rented, it will be a big problem for a lot of families. I hope someone who genuinely cares about the Atria reads this and tries to make positive changes.

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for reaching out to us. I'll be sure to share these comments with our leadership team. In the meantime, if you'd like to tell me more, you can send me an email at customerservice@atraiseniorliving.com.

September 30, 2015

The staff at Atria was very professional and did a good job greeting us and showing the facility. The rooms were very clean and they have different size rooms. It's very efficient manner for someone needing an assistant type of apartment. The food looked and smelled good and it seemed like the residents were enjoying their meals. They had a very robust recreation for the residents.

March 02, 2015

By stillunsatisfied

I had a loved one here and I will say it was very unorganized. The nursing staff has a high turn over rate and made mistakes with my loved ones meds. Made med changes without notifying me and coordinating the van for appointments was beyond a nightmare. Corporate has a high change over rate as well I believe because when I would complain it was playing phone tag with a different one. Unsatisfied

July 31, 2014

I found an assisted living facility back in February for my mother. We don’t have any problems with Atria Greenridge. We chose the place because their evaluation was to put her in assisted living as opposed to memory care which we felt is a better fit. As far as the atmosphere goes, it’s just fine. It’s a very nice and very clean place. She has a small accommodation to what she’s used to in the house but she has managed to make it work for her. They’ve been very helpful and anything that she needs they’re very attentive and quick to respond. So far as I know, she doesn’t take part in a lot of entertainment but they seemed to have plenty. I would recommend them to others because of the level of attentiveness that they have for their residents. Even though it’s a large facility they called everybody by name and they address their needs.

January 17, 2014

By Do not come here!

Find another place. It looks impressive but the food is really poor quality. There is huge turnover at the top. The aids are wonderful but the coordination of the patients meds is a nightmare. Mom was there 3 years and loved it but it's very hard for the families to coordinate care with them if the person is sick or their meds need to change.

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that your mom loved our community and caregivers. I am sorry, however, to hear of your dissatisfaction with the food and medication coordination. Although we have had some transition in our community, we strive to make changes that are in the best interest of our residents. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail so that we can constantly improve the experience of our residents and their families. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and please include the community name and the specifics of your review.

May 31, 2013

By Kristen6

My father was in Atria Greeridge Place. The place was a very beautiful, fabulous and wonderful. It was easy to get to. They also had a lot of amenities there. The staff were fabulous and helpful with the transition from where he had been. They regularly would update me if he has to have a change in any kind of meds. There was a very nice connection with the family. The problem was that his wife was not willing to pay as much so she had to transfer him to another place.

November 16, 2012

I had considered placing my mother in The Atria but I had chosen another facility. They were comparable and either of them would have been a good fit. They were both beautiful, gorgeous, have lovely dining room, and they have plenty of activities for the residents to do. So they were neck and neck in regards to what we were looking for, but the bottom line was the price.

September 30, 2011

By annawelkes

My grandmother lived here for a little over a year before she had to go live in a hospital. The living areas and common areas were very clean and neat, and it never smelled. You could literally see a man wet himself, but the response was so quick that you would never smell a foul odor. The only thing I could complain about was the staff. There were several teenaged girls working there during this time and they were all stuck-up, snobby girls who were unwilling to help anybody around there. They were just down-right mean to myself, my family, and, most importantly, my grandmother. I never plan on going there again and pray to God that my kids never send me there.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Greenridge Place

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: State of CT Public Health licensed

About Atria Greenridge Place

At Atria Greenridge Place, you��������ll enjoy all the comforts of home and just the right amount of discreet support to help you live independently. This inviting community is situated in a residential neighborhood in Rocky Hill, next to Wethersfield and Newington. You��������ll find warm, friendly neighbors and a caring professional staff. In fact, many of Atria��������s residents have lived at the community five or more years and the staff��������s average tenure is 12 years, illustrating how Atria Greenridge Place is a great place to live and work.

Atria Greenridge Place offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Memory Care - Life Guidance����

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 185 locations in 25 states and 7 Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 18,000 residents, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Greenridge Place