44 Assisted Living Facilities near Glastonbury, CT
Also serving communities of Hebron, Colchester.
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Glastonbury area, with 3 in Glastonbury and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Glastonbury is $4,328 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Rocky Hill with an average starting cost of $3,895.
To help you with your search, browse the 197 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Glastonbury. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Glastonbury 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Newington with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Glastonbury find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Glastonbury, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Glastonbury, CT
41 Assisted Living Facilities near Glastonbury, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Glastonbury
Glastonbury, Connecticut, is located on the banks of the Connecticut River and has an array of local activities and attractions to keep seniors entertained. There are three assisted living communities in the Glastonbury area, and almost 40 in neighboring communities, that help local seniors with all aspects of their day-to-day self care, for example, eating and drinking and medication management.
The Department of Public Health, Facility Licensing and Investigations Section is tasked with regulating assisted living facilities in Glastonbury and throughout the state of Connecticut, ensuring they meet quality of care standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Glastonbury
- The cost of living in Glastonbury is slightly more expensive than the average reported costs for the rest of the state and the nationwide average. On a scale where the national average is rated 100, Glastonbury scores 132.3 and Connecticut scores 118. Families on a tight budget may want to look into the cost of living in the surrounding towns.
- Glastonbury exceeds the national averages for rain and snowfall with a reported 46 inches of rain and 38 inches of snow annually, compared to national averages of 39 inches and 26 inches, respectively. Also, average temperatures are slightly lower than national averages, but not drastically so.
- Crime in the Glastonbury area is much lower than national averages. When ranked on a scale of one to 100, with 100 being the worst crime rates, Glastonbury scores 20.1 for violent crime and 19.0 for property crime, compared to national averages of 31.1 and 38.1, respectively. This may make this area desirable for seniors concerned about crime.
- Glastonbury has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Hartford.
- Glastonbury, Connecticut, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Glastonbury has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Glastonbury Senior Center, an organization that offers local seniors access to an impressive range of activities and services including fitness classes, language lessons, and fun activities like bingo.
Paying for Assisted Living in Glastonbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Glastonbury start around $4,328 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Glastonbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Glastonbury
Eligible seniors in the Glastonbury area may have the cost of assisted living services covered by the state's Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Glastonbury
Glastonbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Glastonbury, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Glastonbury
Glastonbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Glastonbury, CT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Glastonbury
Review of The Hearth at Glastonbury
My mom has moved into The Hearth at Glastonbury. It is very nice and I really like it. They have very nice interior, a nice dining area, and nice general living spaces. The room itself is very nice... Read more
Review of Atria Glastonbury
Atria Glastonbury was a much bigger place and was more geared towards the younger folks that didn't need much assistance. At least that's what I got out of it. If you're younger, then it would suit... Read more
Review of The Hearth at Glastonbury
I visited this community looking at options for my parents. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the overall aesthetic of the community, it was cozy and comfortable- new but not stuffy. I ... Read more