Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center

October 21, 2015

By Maria88

From the outside things seemed to be okay (nice large hallways, own private room), however when it comes to quality care, it seems as though things were not as great as it seemed. I had my father stay here Dec 2014. He was a skilled dialysis patient who underwent 3 strokes, and was on coumadin after a surgery. If you know anyone on coumadin, you know that you have to keep up-to date with the dosage. When regulating the dosages, communication would often slip from the doctors to the nursing home, and at times he was at high risk of bleeding >5 INR, for those who understand labs. I often had to receive phone calls from the dialysis nurses to ensure they were giving the right dosage at the nursing home. In January 2015, my dad had a hemorrhagic stroke of which he had to be sent by flight for life to Denver. There was no reports from the nursing home of him falling (he is a high fall risk patient) and the doctors said it looked like a trauma injury (either from a fall or from a hit). My family suspected that a injury report was not filed from the nursing home, and from experience I know fall reports count against a facility. We do give props to the nurse who noticed him to be a "little off" but the events seem to be a bit suspicious. My dad lost his sight, was intubated in the ICU, and is now wheel bound after this event. Other complaints from this facility include failure to get "permission" to leave the nursing home from the doctor. Before these sequence of events happened, we asked for permission to take my dad home 2 weeks prior for a family get-together. the doctor caring for my dad never got the notice from the nurses, and so did not approve his leave when was on skilled nursing. Not only that, but the failed to give permission to put my dad on anti-depressants (I learned they were suppose to have consent first by another facility of which I actually had to sign for consent). When I questioned the nurses about dad getting these antidepressants, this "la-de-dah" look came from the nurse taking care of him. There's a lot of things to look into when it comes to a nursing home and quality care should be priority. Please don't get distracted by the great big rooms, or the fact they have TV, my dad sustained quite a bit from the lack of communication, lack of prioritizing the importance of medications, and lack of supplying adequate needs for him. I do give props for the administrative team that handle medicaid, they were immense help when trying to get my dad aide for his stay. If I had to rate them, i'd give them a 5, but for care from the facility a 1.

April 13, 2012

By bluedragonfly36

This facility was very clean and close to where we lived. My grandmother liked living there and made many friends. The staff were friendly and caring with the residents from what I could see. The room was spacious and she was allowed to have a lot of personal effects with her.

Services and Amenities of Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center

Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Colorado Springs, Colorado that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center