Windsor Hampton Care Center

Reviews of Windsor Hampton Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Windsor Hampton Care Center

August 22, 2011

By Bob wrath of God

I recently spent time there following open heart surgery at St. Joseph's. This place is OK if you are partially mobile and able to communicate in a couple of languages. Stroke patients or similar are at the mercy of the coin toss. Some staff members are caring. Others seemed clueless over the most minor details. My roommate had trouble speaking clearly and needed time to formulate sentences. Time and time again I witnessed staff ignoring him. I am a diabetic and as I healed from the surgery I found my insulin requirements changing. I discussed this with a couple of the day nurses. A few days later I found my blood sugers reaching dangerous levels. Turns out they had reduced my insulin to 20% of normal. When I complained they then cut it to 10%. One of the night nurses could not figure out what to do. I complained and as a result she made a threatening comment. Part of her duties involved giving me several shots. I immediately called the night supervisor and had her removed from my care. Food was OK for institutional grub and they provided a varied menu. Too much salt and they make the worst coffee. Of all the nurses that treated me, 2 were excellent, 2 were fair and the rest... well... you better be able to argue and if need be fight for yourself. My 2 physical therapists were good...but this place is directed more to patients with motor skills issues.

Services and Amenities of Windsor Hampton Care Center

About Windsor Hampton Care Center

Windsor Hampton Care Center is a senior living provider in Stockton, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Windsor Hampton Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Windsor Hampton Care Center